Author Topic: BTC just hit 60 Billion market cap...meet steemBTC  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I think the goal with a POS minting reward such as Vesting in STEEM's case is mostly to reduce available supply which should be price positive but without negatively effecting demand, as that would defeat the purpose and potentially be price negative overall. 

Which is why the general feedback to BM's orginal thread was that circa 30% dilution applied to speculators would be too high.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20886.msg270273.html#msg270273

With STEEM, I think I've seen it mentioned that there is >100% dilution applied to non vesters, or 0.27% a day which is too hard to overcome in most market conditions so it will severely limit trading/speculative/short term investment demand.

So while STEEM has maximized the available supply reduction possible with the concept, it's done at the expense of reducing demand from a sizeable part of the market probably too the point of being price negative overall. (You can see what happens when a coin gets added to a large exchange to see what happens to price & valuation when it increases it's market/pool of potential speculators and investors, by reducing trading/speculative/short term investment demand the converse will be true. )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:59:27 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Preparing for the sale I see. :)

Nothing like clearing out the weak weeds to get a good price.

STEEM TRAIN! CHOO CHOOO!  :P
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
"Fallowing the "% of supply" fallacy Bitcoin just managed to increase its market cap from 6.4Mil to 60 Mil market cap ... now for every BTC one used to have, he now has an additional 9 BTC in vestBTC, due to a 'simple mistake / inovation' by donotflashMasterByte and his team (teem?)

Seems like,  a hot steam project called Seem, made all this a reality!

'vestBTC are notoriously hard to withdraw with 1/(5*12) monthly withdrawal rate, so the  vestBTC will not hit the market anytime soon' -according to flashesOfMasterByte.
 'And why would they ever be hitting the market ? they  increase by 225 BTC every 10 min (9*25 btc)',  explains donotflashMasterByte, lead developer of the project..."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:08:41 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.