Author Topic: [ANN][BITLANDGLOBAL]|ICO|Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 11783 times)

Offline EstefanTT

I think, what most of the people here want to know is the relation between the business plan of Bitland and the CADASTRAL token.
In few words, the way this project is explained doesn't make very clear how the investor will benefit form buying the token.
This is the most crucial part of the whole process of getting investors interested !
Investors don't want your project to be the world leader of crypto land and receive 10% ROI, they want to have ROI in parallel with your grow. This is the part that is not very clear.
I think the project could receive much more funds if it could show the economical potential your team sees in it.

I also think the critics on the quality of the white paper were made on this fuzzy part and not on the overall aspect of it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Personally I consider this project a promising one looking at so many different factors, for me the ideology in this as a major one, and hope really this will have all the attention and success deserved as lots of work and dedication from the people behind is making this a serious project with lots of potential.

One of the main reasons for possible success is the fact of the people behind and their passion to what they are involved with and their dedication. I like this kind of approach personally, and although nothing is 100% certain in this world, at least knowing this kind of information allows one to feel more involved and more interested in taking part, which is what made me decide to join and particpate as well. Anyone should join on their own terms and performed due diligence.

I wish this project all the succcess possible and hope it will be the first of many similar ones in any under developed countries globally. If that happens I for one will be able to say that I have been part of making earth a better place for people to live in, develop and evolve.

I have agreed also to be the escrow for this project under ccedk.escrow, and all purchases of Cadastrals are done via OpenLedger and its bts platform and in first round one Cadatral is 10 000 satoshi, so all you need is divide whatever amount you have transferred with 10 000 in order to know what amount of Cadastrals you will receive to your account at the end of the two rounds.

Yours sincerely

Ronny Boesing
CCEDK

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Hello! I am sent open.BTC to ccedk.escrow for buy CADASTRALS.
When ccedk.escrow sends me CADASTRALS or confirmation?

It is quite simple in regards to buying Cadastrals receiving confirmation as the ledger of registration of you as payer and it arriving to escrow account is all you need as proof, and the amount paid by you in btc is clearly stated what amount of Cadastrals you will then receive at the end of ICO.

Since there are two price levels, we will tell once level two is initited if any earlier than mentioned on site.

Rgds

Ronny
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Sorry if these questions were already answered in the whitepaper, haven't spent too much time on this yet, but on a first glance:

What currency are the estimates on page 10 in?

If USD, what happens if the crowdsale falls short of the goal needed to get you through the first year? I feel like that's quite a big number for a BitShares community that has lost a lot of money in two years, and has like 5 other options for interesting investments (all with Ronnie's name attached :P) at the moment.

Are you looking to convince the government of ghana to back this system or to just gain legitimacy through widespread use, or throw 'em both against the wall and see what sticks?

Hello,

Great questions!

So, the estimates are given in USD.  The crowd sale goal is meant to fund the year one ecosystem development outlined in the White Paper.  If the pilot project is successful, the years 2-4 will be funded by the Ghanaian government, and in that regard, part of the sales of Cadastrals to the government will go towards market support of the token.  So in this regard, if the Bitland team makes a deal with the Ghanaian government (or any government, hint hint) then part of that deal will go toward market support of Cadastrals. 

The number outlined is 20% of every deal goes directly to the Cadastral reserve.  This means that if the Bitland team makes a deal for $20 million with a government, $4 million of that will go directly to supporting the token reserve.  In addition, the future of the reserve will be decided by the community of Bitland users, as we will be utilizing the voting system being built on the Openledger platform.  The partnership with Openledger had many benefits, including the voting system. 

If the crowd sale falls short of the estimates, instead of burning the remaining tokens, 1/12th of the tokens will go up for sale every month at a price higher than phase 2 price.  This way the market is not flooded with tokens, but the budget goal must be met in order to make the project work.  If the crowd sale can get enough to get through the first couple months of the pilot, then the subsequent sales will continue to fund development.  In this regard, since the token is hard capped, the supply won't be affected by this approach.

If this pilot project is successful, you will see the Bitland team getting many government contracts in developing countries.  The Cadastral community will directly benefit from that.

Cheers!

Chris
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:55:28 pm by Tabali_Tigi »

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Sorry if these questions were already answered in the whitepaper, haven't spent too much time on this yet, but on a first glance:

What currency are the estimates on page 10 in?

If USD, what happens if the crowdsale falls short of the goal needed to get you through the first year? I feel like that's quite a big number for a BitShares community that has lost a lot of money in two years, and has like 5 other options for interesting investments (all with Ronnie's name attached :P) at the moment.

Are you looking to convince the government of ghana to back this system or to just gain legitimacy through widespread use, or throw 'em both against the wall and see what sticks?

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Bitland has confirmed that the software suite will utilize Factom software to track and record land titles.
http://af.newsbtc.com/bitland-awarded-netexplo-2016-world-innovation-award/

Actually I first thought it is a great idea but the following reasons hold me back to invest in Bitland:
  • Nothing to show (Alpha/Beta/Screenshots/Mockups/Nothing)
  • Whitepaper quality is very bad in my opinion
  • Overall presentation
  • I still have no idea how to get a ROI

I have hope, but not enough to trust you with my money at this stage...

If you read the White Paper, you will see that this project is much, much larger than an application.  We have partnered with Openledger and are talking to other partners to make sure that all aspects of this project are covered.

Concerning the quality of the White Paper, I wrote that personally over the course of 5 weeks.  It was peer reviewed many times, as I am currently working on my second Master's Degree in Cyber Security for Enterprise Scale Organizations.   I submitted that piece of work to a class to be graded as our assignment necessitated we cover a real organization.  The quality of that paper was good enough to get me an A on the assignment, and the professors at my university have worked for the likes of NASA, Department of Defense, and many other major organizations in the US.  I am sorry if the quality of the paper is not up to your standards, but it has met their standards.  The paper is also listed on Academia.org, and has had no major problems asserted by anyone that has reviewed it.

If you could be more specific, that might help.

If you're worried about our presentation, I apologize if our style does not match your personal taste.

As far as how ROI is generated within the system, that is discussed thoroughly within the white paper, as ROI is something that will come from a contract between an investor and a party issuing a contract on the platform.  If you're not familiar with organizations such as Kiva, the parameters of a contract are decided between two parties on the platform, and not the platform itself.

So for example, we are working with the legal mining industry to get them involved in the project.  A Bitland user will eventually be able to invest in a mining company, commercial development, or agriculture directly.  In that case the ROI terms are decided upon by an agreement between the investor and the company.  The platform serves as the unbiased third party to monitor milestones and capital distribution.  It is decentralized development on a universal platform.

Concerning trusting "us" with your money, part of the reason of using an escrow is so you don't have to trust "us" with the money.  Ronny is an amazing businessman, and at this point CCEDK is holding all of the funds from the ICO, not Bitland.

Cheers!

Chris
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:28:09 pm by Tabali_Tigi »

Offline btswolf

Bitland has confirmed that the software suite will utilize Factom software to track and record land titles.
http://af.newsbtc.com/bitland-awarded-netexplo-2016-world-innovation-award/

Actually I first thought it is a great idea but the following reasons hold me back to invest in Bitland:
  • Nothing to show (Alpha/Beta/Screenshots/Mockups/Nothing)
  • Whitepaper quality is very bad in my opinion
  • Overall presentation
  • I still have no idea how to get a ROI

I have hope, but not enough to trust you with my money at this stage...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:03:21 pm by btswolf »

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

FCT/Factom has been approaching this problem for some time.

I imagine there will be a small handful of players that establish themselves early on and ultimately dominate in this space.  Also, BitLand seems to have a creative approach to making this kind of technology available in places where internet access is currently limited or non-existent.  I wonder if Factom is doing anything like that.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

FCT/Factom has been approaching this problem for some time. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Tabali_Tigi

in general i think this project is interesting, but for me and maybe the most people here it is not clear which steps you need to make
the solution for the future.

1. Do you need funds to develop software solution or what will you do exactly in which timeframe ? I read the whitepaper, but it to general
to understand it.
2. If this is the general start for the crowdsale it is not a good post to get the people to send funds.

I just thought today if you succed with the landregistration process, would it not possible to give the landowners direct access to the
bitshares community to loan as the land as collateral? My thought was, that many people are looking for good investments and if i understand
it correct - to get a fair loan it is also difficult. So what would you hold back to make it possible to registrer the land and the owners could now
directly seek for loan funding from this community? I think the interest rate would be much lower then a lokal interestrate could be provide.

I am a regular user of kiva.org and i am always wondering that the people have to pay 15% interest and i get 0% of it and the agency between us, gets
all this stuff. If this could be done in a different way i think the interestrate could be much lower.

Hello,

If you will take a look at the White Paper, you will see this project is about much more than a software application.  The funds from the crowdsale are going towards building a solar-powered wi-fi infrastructure for the pilot phase of the project.  If you're not familiar with the situation in Ghana, rolling blackouts are a major problem, and blockchain solutions are not feasible using the local infrastructure.  The first year pilot project is part of a test phase to see if the World Bank will fund the long-term development of this type of infrastructure.

As far as what you're talking about with Kiva, you're spot on with the unnecessary fees that go with the microloans.  However, in Ghana, since the land registry is not up to date, you cannot have a reliable address to hold a person accountable for a loan or hold the properties as equity, so it is not as easy to do loans in the current system.  This is why the Bitland infrastructure will make it possible for land to be held as equity and more loans to be given out securely.

To truly get the scope of this project, reading the White Paper will give you the big picture.

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
in general i think this project is interesting, but for me and maybe the most people here it is not clear which steps you need to make
the solution for the future.

1. Do you need funds to develop software solution or what will you do exactly in which timeframe ? I read the whitepaper, but it to general
to understand it.
2. If this is the general start for the crowdsale it is not a good post to get the people to send funds.

I just thought today if you succed with the landregistration process, would it not possible to give the landowners direct access to the
bitshares community to loan as the land as collateral? My thought was, that many people are looking for good investments and if i understand
it correct - to get a fair loan it is also difficult. So what would you hold back to make it possible to registrer the land and the owners could now
directly seek for loan funding from this community? I think the interest rate would be much lower then a lokal interestrate could be provide.

I am a regular user of kiva.org and i am always wondering that the people have to pay 15% interest and i get 0% of it and the agency between us, gets
all this stuff. If this could be done in a different way i think the interestrate could be much lower.

Offline BitLandGlobal

• View Profile

The BitLand Global Crowdsale Campaign

What is BitLand?

BitLand operates to address the problem of insecure land tenure, bring confidence of investment to emerging markets, and unlock land wealth stagnating due to inefficient legacy systems. The focus is on creating an effective virtual land registry utilizing blockchain technology, spearheading collaborative solution implementation, and jump starting a fully transparent ecosystem for all users. We aim to allow individuals and organizations to survey land, manage deeds and titles, perform applicable transactions, and then record the information on the blockchain.     

Why Ghana?

Land registration in Ghana has historically been cumbersome and disorganized. As a result, thousands of titles remain unregistered and land conflicts are rife. Of the 42,000 applications for land registration submitted between 1986 and 2006, less than 30 percent were registered. Land conflicts arise as claimants take advantage of the poorly coordinated system and register titles without other claimants’ knowledge. The adjudication system for conflicts is weak, courts are overwhelmed, and decisions are poorly enforced.

Since colonial times, Ghana’s land sector has suffered from splintered institutional functions and an underdeveloped land registration system. But, the government and international donors are beginning to address these challenges through legal reforms and more systematic land registration.

As of January 2011, several projects are seeking to strengthen the land sector in Ghana and formalize tenure. These include: the Government of Ghana’s Land Administration Project (LAP), which is supported by the World Bank; the Millennium Development Authority’s Land Tenure Facilitation Activity supported by the US; and private sector programs led by Medeem LLC as well as the Micro-Mortgage and Land Titling Project led by Opportunity International and International Land Systems (ILS).

Under the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA), Ghana is implementing a pilot project in peri-urban Accra to title and register land. The ten-step process begins with a parcel inventory and involves verification by land owners, and a time for public scrutiny. It takes 31 days for 100 parcels and costs about $200-$250 per registered parcel. To date, MiDA has issued and registered 270 land titles using this process.

It is uncertain how the Government of Ghana would scale-up projects nationwide. Challenges persist in terms of making the process simple, efficient and cost effective for both landholders and land administration authorities. Unless the “costs” associated with land registration are sufficiently low vis-a-vis the benefits perceived by landholders, land registration records can rapidly become obsolete, jeopardizing the investments made to reform registration systems.

The Ghanaian government, World Bank, and other agencies have been battling the issue of insecure land tenure with limited to moderate success with collective focus since 2003. Phase I of the Land Administration Project ended in 2010 and Phase II is scheduled to run through 2017. Both phases of the project were/are plagued with the same issues as mentioned in the above excerpt. Although these efforts have been hampered, Ghana has posted exemplary GDP gains over the last decade while facing the identified problems.     

BitLand Ghana

BitLand Ghana is the home of the pilot program for BitLand. It is the NGO which has been operating in Kumasi, Ghana and the surrounding communities for the past 2 years. To date, it has completed public out-reach, crypto-currency/blockchain seminars, and land rights informational road-shows in 28 communities in preparation for the launch of BitLand beginning its main operation. Bitland is partnered with Openledger which allows the company to secure its blockchain infrastructure.At the end state, the BitLand system provides the ability to reduce fraud and increase efficiency to the mortgage lending process. Banks cannot issue mortgages on land that is unregistered. The utilization of an open, decentralized, and transparent ledger will effectively unlock significant amounts of land to be used for equity purposes that previously could not be touched. In Africa, roughly ninety percent of rural areas are unlisted and unregistered. As the project in Ghana matures, we will look to expand the reach of BitLand across the African continent and abroad. By adding infrastructure in more developing countries, BitLand has the potential to unlock massive volumes of capital and resources. 

The Crowdsale

30 million Cadastrals were created in one block. 21 million Cadastrals will be sold during the ICO hosted by Crypto Currency Exchange Denmark(CCEDK). The remaining 9 million is allotted for distribution over 99 years for various purposes. At the completion of phase two of the crowd sale, all unsold Cadastrals will be added to the reserve and all purchased Cadastrals will be released for immediate trade. The funds raised will be apportioned directly to laying the operational infrastructure in Ghana. Future use of the token will be to register land titles, settle disputes, sell land, purchase property, and issue microloans for residential/commercial/industrial development. 20% of the network profit will be utilized to support the tokens on the open market. The Bitland reserve will hold multiple denominations of currencies, commodities, and will always keep a portion of currency from any country in which BitLand has a presence as part of the basket. Ghana is only the beginning.

Purchasing Instructions

1. Create account on Openledger
        Online wallet – https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/
        Wallet Download – https://bitshares.org/download/
2. Click Accounts
3. Click Deposit/Withdrawal
4. Click CCEDK
5. Deposit BTC
6. Change transaction fee denomination from “bts” to “open.btc”
7. Send Open.BTC to ccedk.escrow

Phase 1: 1 Cadastral = 10,000 Satoshi (~$.04) Ends 1 May 2016
Phase 2: 1 Cadastral = 30,000 Satoshi (~$.12) Ends 1 June 2016

The Team

The common theme is that the leading factor inhibiting long term and sustainable growth across multiple sectors in emerging countries is insecure land tenure. Ghana will have the first iteration of our operation, platform, and system. BitLand has a chance to change the game not just only Ghana, or Africa, but the world.

Narigamba Mwinsuubo, Founder/CEO
L. Christopher Bates, CSO
Elliot Hedman, COO
Brock Hager, Web Admin
Ryan Berry, FInancial Adviser
Joeri Pross, Community Leader
Philip Asare, Community Leader
Ronny Boesing, Adviser

Whitepaper: http://www.bitland.world/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Bitland_Whitepaper.pdf
Bitland FAQ: http://www.bitland.world/frequently-asked-questions/
Additional Purchase Information: http://www.bitland.world/how-to-purchase-cadastrals/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:34:47 am by BitLandGlobal »