Author Topic: [ANN][BITLANDGLOBAL]|ICO|Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 11759 times)

Offline Tabali_Tigi

The entire pilot project is being done with the oversight of the Land Administration Project in Ghana.

I hope you don't mind that I just sent LAP an e-mail to confirm this.

If they respond positively I think it will put a lot of people at ease about this, and help garner much more support.

Also thanks for the links above, they were helpful.

been checking my spam, and have not yet heard back.

I don't know what kind of credentials you presented to them in your e-mail, but I am not certain that they will respond quickly.  This is a government agency, and they have elections coming up in November, so I am sure they are extremely busy there. 

Regardless, keep reaching out to your satisfaction.

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Hi guys,

how goes the Bitlandglobal ICO?

Cheers,

Ben.

The ICO is going great so far!  You can participate in a Twitter campaign to earn Cadastrals now:

http://www.bitland.world/poa/

Cheers!

Chris

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

The entire pilot project is being done with the oversight of the Land Administration Project in Ghana.

If they respond positively I think it will put a lot of people at ease about this, and help garner much more support.

been checking my spam, and have not yet heard back.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Hi guys,

how goes the Bitlandglobal ICO?

Cheers,

Ben.

Offline rajarush

• View Profile
Wow cheers cheers cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Of course not!

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Tabali_Tigi

http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/2016/02/25909903/ghana-second-land-administration-project-procurement-plan

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/AFR/2015/09/14/090224b0830dab09/1_0/Rendered/PDF/Ghana000Land0A0Report000Sequence008.pdf

"Strengthening the Policy, legal and regulatory Framework for Land Administration:(Cost $5.00 M)
Decentralization and Improving Business and service Delivery Processes:(Cost $23.51 M)
Improved maps and Spatial data for land Administration:(Cost $31.51 M)
Human Resource Development and Project management:(Cost $10.78 M)"

Offline Tabali_Tigi

http://www.worldbank.org/projects/P120636/land-administration-project-2?lang=en

"ABSTRACT*
The development objective of the Second Land Administration Project for Ghana is to consolidate and strengthen land administration and management systems for efficient and transparent land services delivery. The closing date of the project will extended from April 30, 2013 until April 30, 2014. The extension is necessary to align the disbursement of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) trust fund to the 2013/14 approved annual work plan and budget for the project, given that International Development Association (IDA) and CIDA are co-financing all project activities on a pro-rata basis. The extension of the CIDA trust fund will allow full disbursement of the CIDA grant given the delays encountered in the restructuring process. This will be the first extension of the CIDA co-financing trust fund."

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:26:51 pm by merockstar »

Offline Tabali_Tigi

When Cadastrals will be sold to governments, it will be at a VERY different price than currently, as the available supply will be greatly reduced.

It sounds like the people of Ghana could really use something like this. I wish there was some way to compensate investors without charging them for it.

This is the long term goal of the system.  The point is that investors cannot LEGALLY be compensated for "crowdfunding" campaigns in the United States.  That is not legal, period.  So in a system where the long term goal is to allow contracts to be created between investors and developers, the individuals who own Cadastrals will be able to get clear ROI terms at that point in time.  Otherwise, the people who get in phase 1 will be guaranteed that in phase 2 their investment will be at least 3X value.  I would hope people that buy in phase 2 wouldn't sell at a loss.

I hope this clears up that investors WILL get compensated when the government of Ghana is able to back the smart contracts issued by developers.

Cheers!

Chris

I think you misunderstood that one. my logic is if the government ends up buying cadastrals, ultimately ghanian citizens would get taxed to pay for it, I was just pointing out that that kind of sucks, but it's better than nothing. I wasn't expressing further concerns about investors getting compensated, I was brainstorming if there's another way to do it.

I really like your line of thinking, as you're on the same page as us.  The money wouldn't come from taxes.  The World Bank is funding projects like this around the globe, so the money would actually be coming from the World Bank through the government.  You are spot on that for a program like this to TRULY work, the citizens shouldn't be the ones paying for it.  Like I said, we're on the same page, and we will definitely make sure this doesn't happen on the dime of the poorest populations around the globe.

Cheers!

Chris 

When Cadastrals will be sold to governments, it will be at a VERY different price than currently, as the available supply will be greatly reduced.

It sounds like the people of Ghana could really use something like this. I wish there was some way to compensate investors without charging them for it.

This is the long term goal of the system.  The point is that investors cannot LEGALLY be compensated for "crowdfunding" campaigns in the United States.  That is not legal, period.  So in a system where the long term goal is to allow contracts to be created between investors and developers, the individuals who own Cadastrals will be able to get clear ROI terms at that point in time.  Otherwise, the people who get in phase 1 will be guaranteed that in phase 2 their investment will be at least 3X value.  I would hope people that buy in phase 2 wouldn't sell at a loss.

I hope this clears up that investors WILL get compensated when the government of Ghana is able to back the smart contracts issued by developers.

Cheers!

Chris

I think you misunderstood that one. my logic is if the government ends up buying cadastrals, ultimately ghanian citizens would get taxed to pay for it, I was just pointing out that that kind of sucks, but it's better than nothing. I wasn't expressing further concerns about investors getting compensated, I was brainstorming if there's another way to do it.

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
great!
good idea!
i like this!
just do it!
 +5% +5% +5%
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Tabali_Tigi

We have been working with the LAP and the World Bank to get a test pilot phase done to show them that the larger investment will work out in the rest of Ghana.
What is LAP ?

Land Administration Project in Ghana.  It is part of the Lands Commission in Ghana that is the official registrar of land.

Cheers!

Chris

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
We have been working with the LAP and the World Bank to get a test pilot phase done to show them that the larger investment will work out in the rest of Ghana.
What is LAP ?
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter