Author Topic: Moonstone?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline davidpbrown

Having multiple options for wallets can only help BitShares appear flexible and useful for different interests; so, hope they keep working on it.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@bitsapphire et al - Any update from Moonstone?.. I've been out the loop but happy to now have BitShares2.0 working and then hoping other areas still progressing well.

Cob gave an update and mentioned how graphene code has some major issues that prohibit scaling... Said moonstone is being held back by these issues
I call BS on that statement. Moonstone is never coming imo, smelled bad from the start and their continued silence just confirms that.

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk
I have a feeling they tried to use emscripten to port the C++ cli_wallet over to js which would explain the huge js files and scalability issues ..

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Guys, think about it...  Scaling issues come up AFTER the thing has been implemented.  Like they're load-testing Graphene instead of writing a wallet? 

<DELETED FROM NET> <-- Tonyk sent me messages that I was being too frank
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:07:12 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
@bitsapphire et al - Any update from Moonstone?.. I've been out the loop but happy to now have BitShares2.0 working and then hoping other areas still progressing well.

Cob gave an update and mentioned how graphene code has some major issues that prohibit scaling... Said moonstone is being held back by these issues
I call BS on that statement. Moonstone is never coming imo, smelled bad from the start and their continued silence just confirms that.

Yeah, I wouldn't be betting the farm on it, either. From my understanding of cob's update, he isn't relying on Moonstone per se. He simply mentioned that Moonstone is trying to address some of the same problems he's facing. I'd love to get a perspective from a BitShares Graphene person ( @bytemaster ?) on the Graphene scalability issue that cob discusses in his thread (link below).

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22171.msg289021.html#msg289021

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

I was busy when I first read cob's email, so I kind of glossed over the specifics of that part of it.  But reading it again, what he relayed about the Graphene wallet doesn't sound even remotely accurate.  After all, many people are using Bitshares browser wallets without any problems.  So who gave him that information, bitsapphire?

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc