Author Topic: Bitshares 2 - Volume summary, largest recent trades, something?  (Read 3398 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Won't something like this consume a lot more bandwidth?  The wallet needs to be usable on phones and tablets without using crazy amounts of data.

All these data could be collected on separate site, which could provide some basic statistics for openledger front page. Imo that would be good enough.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
If there were an easy way to do something like this I would've already done so. The issue with relying on Cryptofresh or any external API is two-fold: reliability and connection speed. For western users the connection speed and latency most likely won't be an issue, but for Asian users it might cause further slowdowns. That said, I do agree we desperately need something like this so I'll look into making it happen.

svk, if you can do something... that will help.

I know when I first sync my light client, it says "no data" on certain charts until it makes a connection of some sort.

Similarily, if there is no feed available, it could say something like "feed temporarily not available".

I appreciate that you, and others on this thread have agreed, we need to bring more life to the bitshares client, so it seems live.

We want it to feel like constant action is going on, and gives a big hint that there is energy and regular trades happening minute to minute.

Someone mentioned that this might be a psychological gui feature.  Fine, I do agree with that. Psychological features can be just as important as logical code too. :)

Thanks

Won't something like this consume a lot more bandwidth?  The wallet needs to be usable on phones and tablets without using crazy amounts of data.

kenCode is working on the mobile app, but currently it is not being allowed into the apple app store.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
If there were an easy way to do something like this I would've already done so. The issue with relying on Cryptofresh or any external API is two-fold: reliability and connection speed. For western users the connection speed and latency most likely won't be an issue, but for Asian users it might cause further slowdowns. That said, I do agree we desperately need something like this so I'll look into making it happen.

svk, if you can do something... that will help.

I know when I first sync my light client, it says "no data" on certain charts until it makes a connection of some sort.

Similarily, if there is no feed available, it could say something like "feed temporarily not available".

I appreciate that you, and others on this thread have agreed, we need to bring more life to the bitshares client, so it seems live.

We want it to feel like constant action is going on, and gives a big hint that there is energy and regular trades happening minute to minute.

Someone mentioned that this might be a psychological gui feature.  Fine, I do agree with that. Psychological features can be just as important as logical code too. :)

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:05:25 pm by crypto4ever »

Offline svk

Good points.

My thoughts however where that we should maybe think about a actual "frontpage" within the client that shows
a) most traded (default) markets
b) most funded accounts available in the walelt
c) recent trades
d) current network load ..
e) maybe some introdcutional stuff and links to the community, docs, etc...
stuff like that.
Definitely, I'm not very happy with current front-page anyway.

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good points.

My thoughts however where that we should maybe think about a actual "frontpage" within the client that shows
a) most traded (default) markets
b) most funded accounts available in the walelt
c) recent trades
d) current network load ..
e) maybe some introdcutional stuff and links to the community, docs, etc...
stuff like that.

Offline svk

Offline svk

We still need the day mode feature, very important factor.

There's a light theme you can use if you go to settings and change the theme.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
paging @svk who could most surely make this happen

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Psychological reasons for psychological reasons.  +5%

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

I'm new to trading, so I'm probably using the wrong language.

But most centralized exchanges when you first login to them (think BTC-E or BITTREX) show you "at a glance" which coins are being traded the most, and recent movements.

This shows that trading is happening live, and where the excitement is..

However when I login to bitshares2-lite wallet. I don't get this "at a glance" update, which makes the whole experience very static.  It gives the illusion that no one is trading, and that all markets are stuck and if I were the only one making a trade, well, I'd be the only one making the trade.

Now, I know I could go to cryptofresh.com and see this type of trading movement.

However, there's no ticker or anything inside of the bitshares 2 client that I can see that makes the client feel "alive".

I really think it would be nice if it could pull in an external feed from cryptofresh or similar.. Even something that gives a bit of info, and then to "see more" they could be directed to cryptofresh itself.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I just lost here.

I cosign this. We should have this change in the GUI for psychological reasons.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Louis

We still need the day mode feature, very important factor.

Offline .

• View Profile
Another improvement would be to get simply all markets listed that are not starred.
Right now, we have to search them by their ticker to even find them once we de-star.
It makes re-discovery more difficult, the convenience is lowered etc.

Ticker Symbols:
A short description field would certainly fit into the exchange interface —
with hyperlinks to Smartcoin, UIA, Token explanations — landing pages.

A shout-chat-troll-box connection to the exchanges — could be also external
— exclusive to the nicks of account holder with alias function — as protection.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile

I'm new to trading, so I'm probably using the wrong language.

But most centralized exchanges when you first login to them (think BTC-E or BITTREX) show you "at a glance" which coins are being traded the most, and recent movements.

This shows that trading is happening live, and where the excitement is..

However when I login to bitshares2-lite wallet. I don't get this "at a glance" update, which makes the whole experience very static.  It gives the illusion that no one is trading, and that all markets are stuck and if I were the only one making a trade, well, I'd be the only one making the trade.

Now, I know I could go to cryptofresh.com and see this type of trading movement.

However, there's no ticker or anything inside of the bitshares 2 client that I can see that makes the client feel "alive".

I really think it would be nice if it could pull in an external feed from cryptofresh or similar.. Even something that gives a bit of info, and then to "see more" they could be directed to cryptofresh itself.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I just lost here.