Author Topic: Promote BitShares Exchange with a LISK and WAVE auction!! Call to action  (Read 10738 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
this are some funds :D

0.005 will give LISK a market value of 210.000.000 USD so 1/3 of Ethereum. Personally i would say this is much to high, but we will see how the people will value the LISK.

1. If ronny doesn't want this auction on OPEN.LISK i will still create a new coin for it and will exchange it later manually in "real" LISK. Donwside is, that after the auction, the bidders are not on our platform. So i ronny or openledger is willing to take our word and collateral i think it would be best if he supports us on the OPEN.LISK pair (we would need to get some of this funds and openledger will get the LISK from us later)

2. How big should the collateral be?
- not to small and not to big. i am really tight with funds right now, so what about 5 time the original value? So, if i did the math correct for every 1LISK we need 0,0002 BTC in collateral or the every other bitshare asset as bitUSD etc. or OPEN or META assets as collateral. If you are not comfortable with the collateral ratio just cut some of your contribution.

3. we are still looking for trusted people in the community to hold the collateral. I like the idea that this should be people who didn't contributed Lisk at all.

The contributors right now are:

1. shentist : 2.000

2. onceuponatime: 1000

3. Pheonike: 500

4. llildur: 174

5. liondani: 600

6. tarantulaz 675

7. Erlich Bachman 2000
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:42:22 pm by Shentist »

Offline onceuponatime

I'll pitch in 2,000

better late than never, right?

It would make it easier for Shentist (and others) to keep track of this at a glance if you followed his OP suggestion to copy the list and add your contribution to it.

6. tarantulaz 675

Offline EstefanTT

What is offering wave ? I don't see the innovation. I would buy some and contribute to this DEX volume thing if it's worth invest some bucks. Anyone has an opinion on wave ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wave is a trust based UIA exchange like Ripple that promises some big name partners and slick GUI wallet with the DEX ability of BTS.  Since they only trade asset backed UIA's, it will be a great place to promote bitGOLD, bitRUB etc.  In other words, it will make a great sidechain.

It seems, like nobody wants to compete in the smartcoin market. So let's promote our niche!
Thanks ! Very valuable explanation ! I'll probably buy some tomorrow.

I like the projects with BitShares synergies potential ;)

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
What is offering wave ? I don't see the innovation. I would buy some and contribute to this DEX volume thing if it's worth invest some bucks. Anyone has an opinion on wave ?

Wave is a trust based UIA exchange like Ripple that promises some big name partners and slick GUI wallet with the DEX ability of BTS.  Since they only trade asset backed UIA's, it will be a great place to promote bitGOLD, bitRUB etc.  In other words, it will make a great sidechain.

It seems, like nobody wants to compete in the smartcoin market. So let's promote our niche!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:37:23 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

6. tarantulaz 675

Changed my mind. the correct list is above.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

tarantulaz

As I mentioned above, I want to contribute 675 Lisks. I would be more than happy to join, if there was a committee of at least 5 members 'controlling the fund', including people who won't contribute any Lisk i.e ByteMaster, Xeroc etc.

I think that 0.005/Lisk is a relatively good price, however I wouldn't say no to people who would be willing to pay more. In my opinion Bloombit's and YoBit's prices are probably fake and they are way above Lisk's value.

I would suggest that we sell the LiskAsset to a few people only (i.e 4-5 people),  so that the distribution is easier and it is more like an auction rather than selling the asset on the DEX.

I would also suggest to avoid using an IOU, like MetaExchange BTC. After what happened to Shapeshift, I would highly recommend avoiding it. Holding a BTC IOU for more than 2 weeks is risky. Holding it even for more than a day is risky... And for once, why not use BitUSD or BitBTC, even if we pay the spread to get out after the auction? It is our own product...

I am going to join the Wave ICO as well and I would be more than happy to arrange something before the Wave ICO is over, so that we can be the first community to offer an ICO IOU on a decentralized trading platform.

P.S It was unfortunate for waves that the Lisk launch changed as they wanted to start their pre-sale when people could 'cash out' their Lisks.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Where are you planning on selling this asset?  I would suggest a uia.BTC asset.  It will make it easier to gain new users if they don't have to to get their hands on an MPA.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

tarantulaz

6. tonyk: 1000
up to 50,000*
 (*@ min price 0.015 BTC/Lisk)

7. tarantulaz 675

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
i would like that we could setup an escrow account and the community members who are willing to send their Lisk could send some bitshares assets as colleteral for their promise that they will send the Lisk.

How much collateral per Lisk?
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I'll pitch in 2,000

better late than never, right?
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Contributer: LISK

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Just saw this thread, but created OPEN.LISK for Ronny earlier today to allow pre-sale trading.

if openledger does not spend own funds to kickstart this market, we could do the auction on OPEN.LISK/OPEN.BTC

with this said if ronny wants to do it on his market i would charge 1% for my time. If openledger is not paying this, i would
take it out of the collected rewards from the contributors. This will lessen the wins for the contributors.

so keep posting your LISK you want to contribute :D

bitimaru

Just make it available...

I've lurking the bts community for a long time...
I Own several thousand k  BTS , because I believe in the power of the bitshares technology...

What amaze me is  that the trade have such low volume... !!
You guys need a campaign to bring in traffic!!

Taking the LISK opportunity seems great to me.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Just saw this thread, but created OPEN.LISK for Ronny earlier today to allow pre-sale trading.

We should coordinate and use only one of them OPEN or META, not both...no?
From the other side it would give arbitrage opportunity inside the DEX...  ;)