Author Topic: New serious competition for Bitshares: Waves  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
They are a comprtitor for assets listed on our DEX, but they don't do smartcoins, therefore, our smartcoins like bitGOLD will eventually find a way onto their DEX in the same way that their equity will find a way onto ours if their launch is delayed post ICO (like Lisk equity currently).

Their model is more like Ripple's than ours, and their aim is just the same (big player adoption).

They are admittedly going the centralized route through "Leased" POS which is basically DPOS.

It's not hard for them to do smartcoins.

In my opinion in order for Bitshares to remain competitive it needs to integrate into Ethereum ASAP. This way if Ethereum wins so does Bitshares because Bitshares would be even more decentralized because it's smart contracts would run on Ethereum and on it's own platform. Kind of like how Apple actually made iTunes for Windows and Microsoft made software for the Mac.

We could run Ethereum smart contracts on BitShares already without even hard forking.  There's no need to tie execution into block validation, just hire as many executors as you're willing to pay for.  Solves Ethereum's scalability problems too.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Bit maybe

Where do I invest in BitMaybe? 

This sounds like some serious competition for BitShares and Ethereum!

Block time? Devs? Who cares!!! Just take my money, this is a winner ... I can tell by the name alone!

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
OMG, these guys are competitors of ours!

Both BTS and Waves are competing for the hate of Hosk!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1434851.0
(we will kick their ass at this competition though right guys?!)

It's not hard for anyone to do smartcoins. 

These are the NXT/Supernet guys doing SuperDuperNet.  I have to  toss them a bitcoin just in case they create a buzz opportunity for us to trade their equity exclusively like we did with Ethereum, IOTA, and Lisk

BitShares - where all the latest IPO's trade first!

One thing that our competitors haven't got:

SECRET SAUCE!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-12/icelands-pirate-party-polls-stunning-43-following-pms-resignation

oh yeah, and their whitepaper admitted that their slow blocktime will need central servers to speed up transactions and further stated that blocktime delays were sufficient for the majority of transaction types.

Bit maybe they are correct that nobody will ever care about a blockchain that does 3 second blocks.

Personally, I hate to wait, but hey, that's just me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:54:55 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It seems that they don't have nothing to show yet, even a prototype.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
It seems they have company backed fiat token and multisig based sidechain.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
They are a comprtitor for assets listed on our DEX, but they don't do smartcoins, therefore, our smartcoins like bitGOLD will eventually find a way onto their DEX in the same way that their equity will find a way onto ours if their launch is delayed post ICO (like Lisk equity currently).

Their model is more like Ripple's than ours, and their aim is just the same (big player adoption).

They are admittedly going the centralized route through "Leased" POS which is basically DPOS.

In my opinion in order for Bitshares to remain competitive it needs to integrate into Ethereum ASAP. This way if Ethereum wins so does Bitshares because Bitshares would be even more decentralized because it's smart contracts would run on Ethereum and on it's own platform. Kind of like how Apple actually made iTunes for Windows and Microsoft made software for the Mac.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
yeah in less than 5 min ICO starts....

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads