Author Topic: We need to make OpenLedger more visible on the forum site ASAP  (Read 7829 times)

Offline btswolf

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
As long as where ever it is placed has room for others as well then I say go for it!  +5%

There is already a place for all parties.  What we're talking about here is making the default Bitshares wallet prominently visible on the forum site.  It should be one of the first things people see when they visit, otherwise we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

the default wallet should not be openledger but the bitshares.org wallet. i want to know how many people are converting from the promoting of openledger and not just because they are the default on bitshares.org (they are right now) and then bitsharestalk.org as well. how do we measure how successful they are, if they get all the community exposure for free as well.  they are doing a good job, but they are promoting their own business and their own UIAs and not the bitAssets.

i assume in the future openledger are equal to bitshares in the perception of the people but legally they are not.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
As long as where ever it is placed has room for others as well then I say go for it!  +5%

There is already a place for all parties.  What we're talking about here is making the default Bitshares wallet prominently visible on the forum site.  It should be one of the first things people see when they visit, otherwise we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I think OpenLedger specifically has been consistently improving/progressing and adding positive value to BitShares for enough time that this is warranted.

i'm thinking we should place it on top right ... where currenty bitsapphire link is ...
also we should overtake the forum again ... my 2 cents ...

the only thing this top link is doing, is position bitsapphire in first line of meta desc.
when searching forum via google.

+5% I would rather have OL there than bitsapphire.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Here's our new tutorial video that shows how you can fund your OpenLeder account with Bitcoin.

click the image to watch the video!
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'm thinking we should place it on top right ... where currenty bitsapphire link is ...
also we should overtake the forum again ... my 2 cents ...

the only thing this top link is doing, is position bitsapphire in first line of meta desc.
when searching forum via google.
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
There's been some discussion on another thread about the need to make OpenLedger more prominent on the forum so visitors cannot miss it.  Below is a post I made on the matter.  This is critical and I think we should discuss how we can go about quickly creating a new top level forum category to be listed right after General Discussion and Bitshares 2.0, entitled "OpenLedger: Bitshares Default Wallet" or something along those lines.  Thoughts?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22197.msg289461.html#msg289461

I think this is exactly what is needed. If OpenLedger keeps this up, it will be the "go to" place to trade the most recent coins. People will look for and expect OpenLedger to list them and will trade them there. It can create demand for OL. Maker, Digix and Lisk. The timing is right because atm people are throwing money at everything expecting another Ether like event. With this OL can get the acknowledgement and buzz it needed.

People expect Polo to add these new coins but they dont seem too responsive so it's a good chance to snatch some traders. Then it's just a matter of time until people get used to the platform.

It seems there are a lot of good things happening with OpenLedger.  Ronny really seems to be getting the word out there.  I'm also thrilled that we have LISK and soon to be Digix and hopefully Synereo and others trading here on the DEX. And although I have no idea exactly how it fits in, I am intrigued by CoinsBank.  From what I can see, CoinsBank may ultimately be like another Coinbase.  Imagine if BTS could be purchased from directly within a Coinbase account?  That would be a game changer.

I'm also impressed by the OpenLedger video series Ronny has been putting together.  And not just the tutorials.  The new "You are in control" video (below) is really excellent. 

I think a lot of this stuff needs to be much more front and center.  Looking at the forum structure, OpenLedger is nowhere to be found!  I think that's a mistake.  New visitors to the forum should see OpenLedger quickly and easily.  And the tutorials and other OpenLedger videos, etc. should be easy for anyone to find.  With that in mind, perhaps we should consider creating a new forum after General Discussion and Bitshares 2.0 entitled "OpenLedger: Bitshares Wallet" or something to that effect.  Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_XiOdbum8

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:57:37 am by tbone »