Author Topic: [BitShares.org] Homepage Improvements - Tips and Suggestions  (Read 10336 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I like to think of BitShares as a platform for business and investors.
Exchanges such as OpenLedger, Poloniex, Shanghai Composite and even NASDAQ can prove their solvency and automate many of their internal processes.
Businesses can raise money, offer Rewards Card (loyalty) programs, utilize remittance and wealth management services, even send money to anyone in the world for under 1 cent.
Investors can invest in any number of successful businesses using BitShares' asset features.
Savers can safely store their wealth, send and receive funds in under 3 seconds.
Decentralized governance allows users to vote on new features, prices and other things they are interested in.

I think the homepage should showcase the companies that use the platform and what those companies have to offer. Free advertising for them. Automatically rotate thru a few of them with each page load (or maybe a reactjs slider).

Then, lower on the page get into the technicals of the platform.

Some life is always nice too, maybe a ticker tape across the top, live tweets at the bottom.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I like this mockup from AF.   Also maybe the buttons should say Online exchange instead of online wallet.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:29:12 pm by JonnyBitcoin »
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Updates like latest coins on our DEX, latest proposals, articles, etc
Partners section
List of currencies supported
Twitter live feed
Mumble Hangouts
Use Case Examples for better understanding of the tech (where can it be used, how and what befits brings)
Roadmap
Mention of meetups where people talked about BitShares, like Web Summit, etc
Fee Schedule
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:10:21 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Dear BitShares Community,

In the last mumble Bitmaster talked about the BitShares.org main home page and agreed to give the site to the community for further improvement and maintenance. Let us start with collecting ideas and suggestions. How can we make the site better? How can we show that BitSahres is improving and adding new projects every week?

Feel free to comment in the forum or directly here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jyi2lRzN4_1lUWBmF8X0mxyIFbFxwbFwpoemf56k6hI/edit?usp=sharing

I will add you comments to the list and we can discuss the next steps in the next mumble. After we agreed on the new features and texts, let us work out a way how to update the main website and improve our visibility.

Happy commenting.

Thx.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain