Author Topic: Follow My Vote are running a Kickstarter campaign  (Read 14221 times)

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
To add myself in the rows of sceptics, I'd also like to leave a comment here. I'm pretty impressed of the development and concepts presented by nathan and I was following this project very closely because I'm working on a similar project and have to solve the same technological issues. However, all in-depth information from this 4 years old project I could find was 3 youtube videos where nathan explains concepts to solve problems, e.g., with identity managment.

The rest of the youtube channel is text overlays, music and stock images or stock videos, clustered with FMV logos. Also, the website is like a huge copy pasted bloated thingy hard to navigate. I was showing it to friends working also on blockchain democracy sector and the reactions were "fake" and "oh, they copied my texts without any credits.

As if this was not enough, suddenly, after so many years of nothing, you start a crowdfunding campaing of 3 million USD, stuffed with what? Stock Images! Sorry but you really can not be taken seriously anymore. It looks for me you are just existing for the sake of getting yourself fed and on any occasion taking pictures with local politicians.

So here are some suggestions, how you could regain credibility:

• Write technical whitepapers finally. Maybe one on the project you are working on, the stake weighted voting application, and also one on the future plans of the 1P1V application, which is by far more interesting than the stake weighted because you are always talking about presidential elections on all channels but didn't even start working on 1 person 1 vote solutions.
  • Put them up for review and request for comments. There a many people out there working on similar solutions. Get feedback, together you will be faster achieving your goals and not miss the target.
  • Also, start developing on real prototypes. Try to minimize functionality and publish first proof of concept implementaitons in a fast iterative process. People will overwhel you with feedback and start to actually use this software.
  • And finally, start involving the community. This subforum is a one-direction tool for you. Often questions remain unanswered for several weeks. I once also tried to contact Adam via Mail but never recieved any reply. I was wondering whether you still exist.

I hope this is constructive and will help you from shutting down due to the lack of funds. No idea how much your initial funding was, but you can be sure there will be no further funding if you dont stop posting stock images and start pushing solutions.

I don't see a reason on why to invest in this Kickstarter campaign.
@ak Please give us a way to invest in FMV but do not try to sell us Honor, Pictures of Coffee Cups (ridiculous) and MERIT's.
Seriously!

This!

how much  bts follow  my vote  get when combine???????????????

30 million :(

I don't understand the purpose of this Kickstarter campaign, it seems to be done with no marketing or outreach of any sort, and appears doomed to fail. It's been live for over a week and they so far have raised 0.078% of their target, and as far as I know no one from the FMV team has even come here to acknowledge that it's happening.

Considering the fact that it's an election year in the States this could've been a golden year for FMV, but it's being squandered on this useless Kickstarter campagin.

Wait, 30 Million BTS?

They're trying to raise over $3million via kickstarter? That'll never happen.

Indeed, it never happened!

I don't understand how they could come up with that amount to raise.  $100,000 sure, $250,000 maybe.  3+ million??!@?#?

This! Transparency would be very welcome. Now there is a crowdfunding for 21k USD up, but how did that amount happen to appear?

It does not matter which amount they claim. They will not get even $10K given the bullshit they write in their advertising.

This!

Start working towards a clear goal and involve the community.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It does not matter which amount they claim. They will not get even $10K given the bullshit they write in their advertising.

Offline Pheonike

I don't understand how they could come up with that amount to raise.  $100,000 sure, $250,000 maybe.  3+ million??!@?#?

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
They're trying to raise over $3million via kickstarter? That'll never happen.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
what bts get  after  combine  FMV????????????

Offline mint chocolate chip

I don't understand the purpose of this Kickstarter campaign, it seems to be done with no marketing or outreach of any sort, and appears doomed to fail. It's been live for over a week and they so far have raised 0.078% of their target, and as far as I know no one from the FMV team has even come here to acknowledge that it's happening.

Considering the fact that it's an election year in the States this could've been a golden year for FMV, but it's being squandered on this useless Kickstarter campagin.

its only useless if we as a community do not try to share the info.

;)

"we" already shared our equity...  (merger)
40 mentions of the word blockchain in the Kickstarter campaign, 3 mentions of the word Bitcoin and 0 mentions of word BitShares which is supposed to be powering it. The good news, FMV only has about 10 million more vesting BTS to dump over the next 8 months.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

;)

"we" already shared our equity...  (merger)

Offline fuzzy

;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline mint chocolate chip

@ak Please give us a way to invest in FMV but do not try to sell us Honor, Pictures of Coffee Cups (ridiculous) and MERIT's.
Seriously!

It is kind of funny... fwiw Merits are the UIA for FMV.

Offline btswolf

Seriously!

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
How come this is happening ? What is the use of our vested VOTES?

Relax wiz kid, its just a new capital raise. Companies have them all the time.  Dillution to promote a new product is good dilution. Diluting the shareholders to pay for golden parachutes or debt interest is bad dilution. The only question is how much dilution are we getting here. In other words, what share of the FMV equity goes to existing shareholders?

Nice Work by the way.  This community continues to radically evolve!.
Keep telling yourself that.

OH, and when this Kickstarter fails don't be surprised when they show up back here asking you guys for more money or dilution.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:56:11 pm by NewMine »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
@adam I think it would help if the title was more simple, such as: "Honest and verifiable election" and potentially not even mention blockchain tec in the tile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Hopefully, their campaign goes viral and they raise some money. Whether they're going to use the money for more development or to actually launch, I don't know. If their product is ready, then I'd say they need to prove this on a smaller scale first: student council elections, lodges, community organizations, maybe some boards. If it works and saves money, getting a little press along the way, then maybe a local government (with the freedom under state law to do its own thing) gives it a test run.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

Relax wiz kid, its just a new capital raise. Companies have them all the time.  Dillution to promote a new product is good dilution. Diluting the shareholders to pay for golden parachutes or debt interest is bad dilution. The only question is how much dilution are we getting here. In other words, what share of the FMV equity goes to existing shareholders?

Nice Work by the way.  This community continues to radically evolve!.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Starting a crowd funding campaign for fair election system with a political lie is very unwise.

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything. Joseph Stalin.

These are not Stalin's words. This is a citation from a book of Boris Bazhanov, who was a member of politburo of communist party in USSR back in 1920th and Stalin's assistant. After accusations in corruption, he emigrated from the USSR and published a book, where he threw a lot of shit about his former comrades from politburo, which is not confirmed by any other sources. About all of them. This citation is his pure fantasy, which he assigned to Stalin. So, a signature under citation should say "Boris Bazhanov", not "Joseph Stalin".

Just to inform the public. Besides this, the Follow My Vote project is really cool.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:49:40 am by yvv »

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
Woo Hoo!

SECRET SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:03:31 pm by giant middle finger »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
The title says it all. See here.

Am I allowed to announce this, or should I have waited for one of the team to do it? Dunno...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads