Author Topic: So what is everyone's thoughts on the Bitshares platform & ecosystem now?  (Read 30874 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Bytemaster makes babies and leaves it to others to raise them.

Might that be mistaken for neglect and abandoning, where there are not also clear statements of confidence and encouragement, put alongside each instance of change.

Mumbling is all very well but I'd rather BitShares get into the habit of stating things clearly.. it's hard in passing by the forum, as most BitShares interests will be, to make sense of this latest twist.

BitShares is not a piece of software, it is an ecosystem.  Like all ecosystems, they evolve in phases.  Bytemaster is the pioneer species that prepares the environment for other species to thrive.  He has done what his species needs to do for BitShares.   A successor species of entrepreneurs has already taken over the next phase of growth.  They will do things for BitShares that BM will never do.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline davidpbrown

Might that be mistaken for neglect and abandoning, where there are not also clear statements of confidence and encouragement, put alongside each instance of change.

Mumbling is all very well but I'd rather BitShares get into the habit of stating things clearly.. it's hard in passing by the forum, as most BitShares interests will be, to make sense of this latest twist.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Bytemaster has been saying for months that:

BitShares needs to stabilize and stop "innovating".
Sidechains are the proper way to expand.
He will continue to innovate (it's what he does).
He will be there when BitShares needs him.

Funny, no one mentions the other bombshell today... hint:  it ends in "3.0".

That's because he is the best choice for the first and the worst choice for the second.

We all benefit when BM makes babies because we find out about them first and we know their daddy well.

He will make us many babies if he is free to innovate. 
What do you think his talent will be worth if chained to maintaining a stabilized BitShares?

BitShares is in the hands of mere mortal entrepreneurs like you and me now.
And we are exactly what it needs at this point in time.

:)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:47:15 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Well at least he's not focusing on bootstrapping a competing USD through the VOTE DAC  :)

He didn't quit. He was fired by those voting against development workers.

It's true that BTS hasn't been paying development workers so they can't be surprised when the developers move onto something else. However I think STEEM has been being worked on for a while and in his own words he cannot serve two masters...

I don't want to have divided loyalties... I cannot serve two masters.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10148.0.html

So I would say that BTS is secondary now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:03:20 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
What is it you would like him to do that he isn't?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
There is not going to be a share drop.

The biggest benefit to this is that bitshares is no longer the guinea pig for cnx.

What I find absolutely hilarious is how earlier this year Dan said his new year's resolution was to become a "better leader for bitshares"... Quits 4 months later.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21296.msg288383.html#msg288383

he never recieved payment from workers, because he never asked for it. i need to wait for the mumble session to be available to build my opinion on it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Yep right... and after he was fired he got instant-enlightened and came to the STEEM plan-b idea ...  Cm-on...

Offline onceuponatime

The biggest benefit to this is that bitshares is no longer the guinea pig for cnx.

What I find absolutely hilarious is how earlier this year Dan said his new year's resolution was to become a "better leader for bitshares"... Quits 4 months later.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:23:32 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
We are on our own from now on.

Hmm... not quite what he said. He was explaining where he was intending to focus his effort at the moment (Steem). This doesn't preclude him from doing significant work on/with BitShares if circumstances suit. I believe one of his main points was that he intends to do whatever best suits his aim of securing life, liberty and property for all. He can't continue to pour him personal funds into BitShares because it's not sustainable. Also, if Steem succeeds it should help BitShares. I hope this is a fair summary.

Does anyone think there will be a sharedrop on BitShares? This may be something to consider if you're weighing up your options. I missed part of the mumble session, so I don't know if this is likely or if it was mentioned...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pal

• View Profile
    • Become Lifetime Member
  • BitShares: pal
I was terrified. I think people will panic soon, this always happening than bytemaster makes this kind of decisions. No blame to him, his is doing right thing - going with his own heart. We are on our own from now on. Is bad in short term, but in long term we could survive.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:36:50 pm by pal »
Become Lifetime Member:
https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=pal

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Just curious what the community thinks about the current platform & ecosystem after BM's mumble.....

what does hi said? do i need to sell or buy?

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Just curious what the community thinks about the current platform & ecosystem after BM's mumble.....
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)