Author Topic: So what is everyone's thoughts on the Bitshares platform & ecosystem now?  (Read 31229 times)

Offline Valentin | Lin9uxis

This will be so awsome, i feel like a big rock is finally of my back. It's so great!

Agreed. So many folks have been complaining that the captain of the ship keeps getting sidetracked and then never finishes a feature to shareholders expectations. So, I think the friday mumbles could now be moderated by the Beyond Bitcoin team but the guests can be those who want to talk about their projects. No more perception of a top-down structure (i have even seen Bitshares referred to as central banking 2.0).

I had a nice conversation with BM, Stan, Onceupon and Thom yesterday on mumble after the official mumble. We have a very solid plan to move Bitshares forward. Blinded transactions, recurring and scheduled payments, bond market, liquidity bots and market makers, margin trading, free transactions, Smartcoins POS integrations, a 2nd mobile wallet app for iOS and android (all native and material design), skin-able specific use-case wallets, Marketing... There are lots of things being started, worked on and finished up as we speak.

BitShares Munich will be expanding over the coming days. BM has been so far, and confirms that he will continue to consult with us in assisting our expansion, getting more Devs up to speed on graphene, direction with the different repos and docs, etc. We have roughly 40 Devs (c++, js, python and ui/x etc) that can work with us on various projects (as you guys know I have been in software and outsourcing for over 24 years now). Roughly 7 of those 40 are employed with us full-time and as more investment comes in we can slowly expand further. I would like all of the existing projects above finished/polished first and make them awesome.

+5%

We need to move forward even if the Bitshares' core and Graphene need to remain stable for the moment. However, sidechains and applications are really the ways we need to explore to expand Bitshares. I'm pretty sure guys from Bitshares Munich or BunkerChainLabs will help us to achieve that.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Actually , I'm expecting to watch the tragedy of STEEM .

In any case you will see tragedy, or for STEEM holders or for STEEM haters.  :)

ah , STEEM will be used as a tool to elect the US president ?   :)
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline testz

In any case you will see tragedy, or for STEEM holders or for STEEM haters.  :)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
1 worker left, all the supporters moving and saving their investment out of Bitshares. I think we should probably thank BM again, that now
the none deliution fraction is by far the biggest one.

if i wouldn't have a large stack of my investment in Bitshares i would just buy popcorn and watch this tragedy.

I think STEEM holder will suffer the same fate . Just different version  .

When I was a BTS holder , I didn't think what happened to DNS/PTS/AGS/VOTE holders would happen to me .

Of course , by tragedy of STEEM , I only mean its potential investors , not the tragedy of STEEM developers .
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:46:28 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Thinking long term, BitShares needs to become less reliant on bytemaster (or any individual). It's been clearly stated months ago, and I don't recall hearing anyone disagree. Perhaps if it's going to happen it's best when the market cap is relatively low because there's less value to be destroyed with the perceived disruption. If BitShares survives this in the short term (which it should), then it's down to the community and entrepreneurs to gradually build on what we have. It'll be a long game, but we could end up with something very well established and integrated into many people's daily lives. Ultimately we all know how good this tool can be once the world is ready to use it. These things historically take many years to click into place, mostly for obvious reasons...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
This will be so awsome, i feel like a big rock is finally of my back. It's so great!

BitShares Munich will be expanding over the coming days. BM has been so far, and confirms that he will continue to consult with us in assisting our expansion, getting more Devs up to speed on graphene, direction with the different repos and docs, etc. We have roughly 40 Devs (c++, js, python and ui/x etc) that can work with us on various projects (as you guys know I have been in software and outsourcing for over 24 years now). Roughly 7 of those 40 are employed with us full-time and as more investment comes in we can slowly expand further. I would like all of the existing projects above finished/polished first and make them awesome.

+5% +5% +5%
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Agreed. So many folks have been complaining that the captain of the ship keeps getting sidetracked and then never finishes a feature to shareholders expectations. So, I think the friday mumbles could now be moderated by the Beyond Bitcoin team but the guests can be those who want to talk about their projects. No more perception of a top-down structure (i have even seen Bitshares referred to as central banking 2.0).

I had a nice conversation with BM, Stan, Onceupon and Thom yesterday on mumble after the official mumble. We have a very solid plan to move Bitshares forward. Blinded transactions, recurring and scheduled payments, bond market, liquidity bots and market makers, margin trading, free transactions, Smartcoins POS integrations, a 2nd mobile wallet app for iOS and android (all native and material design), skin-able specific use-case wallets, Marketing... There are lots of things being started, worked on and finished up as we speak.

Agree, maybe it is a good thing that we will have a more stable ecosystem for the next months now. We at BitShares Munich are continuing our efforts and are heavily focusing on POS software (Odoo, Standalone) and started raising funds for our mobile payment app ECHO. The response from the market and investors is very good so far.

I am sad that BM shifted his focus and will work on STEEM now, but somehow it is like a Satoshi Nakamoto moment for BitShares. Now it is up to us to develop this awesome platform and make it great.

You can start helping us already: Leave a comment here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22218.0.html
We want to update the BitShares.org main site. Thank you for your help!
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
1 worker left, all the supporters moving and saving their investment out of Bitshares. I think we should probably thank BM again, that now
the none deliution fraction is by far the biggest one.

if i wouldn't have a large stack of my investment in Bitshares i would just buy popcorn and watch this tragedy.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:34:29 am by Shentist »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

The sharedrop thing was never given any sort of chance. Mining gives away far more than 10%.  10% for a premade dedicated community to support your product isn't that bad of a deal. If someone gives you 10% then it either will be in the code or it won't.

I remain a big fan of sharedropping. If done right, it could be well worth the cost.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You people sure do love to FUD. There's nothing new here, so please stop making such a big deal out of it..

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

no, but is the same like BTS 1.0 and he worked behind the scenes on BTS 2.0

- this community did a merger to keep him and we lost in this process a DNS blockchain, Follow my Vote blockchain and we deluted BTS
- in BTS 2.0 we got stripped of the sharedrop and now

"i am moving on, because i am funding the development from private funds since...."

the "secret source" is now going into something new, and this community left behind. Really funny!

and i don't like to blame the "chinese community for not supporting workers" for it.

In theory , they need to put more effort to honor the development on BTS . So stop working on BTS make sense for them , at least they have "justification". 

But they don't need to put more effort to give as little as 10% sharedrop on BTS or AGS or PTS , if they're afraid of selling pressure they can vest the sharedrop for even years(which they never seem to care when dilute on BTS) . And this time , they can't blame it was because of lack of funding or people refuse to fund them  ....It's purely because they won't honor the sharedrop or whomever paid for AGS/PTS , out of their own free will .

So it's a good sign ....at least for now we know what the reality is , and it's a great reference for those who want to invest significantly in STEEM .
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:14:12 am by btswildpig »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
You people sure do love to FUD. There's nothing new here, so please stop making such a big deal out of it..

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

no, but is the same like BTS 1.0 and he worked behind the scenes on BTS 2.0

- this community did a merger to keep him and we lost in this process a DNS blockchain, Follow my Vote blockchain and we deluted BTS
- in BTS 2.0 we got stripped of the sharedrop and now

"i am moving on, because i am funding the development from private funds since...."

the "secret source" is now going into something new, and this community left behind. Really funny!

and i don't like to blame the "chinese community for not supporting workers" for it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
There is not going to be a share drop.

The biggest benefit to this is that bitshares is no longer the guinea pig for cnx.

What I find absolutely hilarious is how earlier this year Dan said his new year's resolution was to become a "better leader for bitshares"... Quits 4 months later.

The biggest benefit of this is for people to recognize the reality and be less serious about people's random commitment without a legal contract . Of course , same goes to every new ICO project out there .
People shouldn't even take the sharedrop theory seriously in the first place........What , just because a guy said so , then he will give you 10% of everything he built in the future ? Just because this guy sounded serious ?

The sharedrop thing was never given any sort of chance. Mining gives away far more than 10%.  10% for a premade dedicated community to support your product isn't that bad of a deal. If someone gives you 10% then it either will be in the code or it won't.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
There is not going to be a share drop.

The biggest benefit to this is that bitshares is no longer the guinea pig for cnx.

What I find absolutely hilarious is how earlier this year Dan said his new year's resolution was to become a "better leader for bitshares"... Quits 4 months later.

The biggest benefit of this is for people to recognize the reality and be less serious about people's random commitment without a legal contract . Of course , same goes to every new ICO project out there .
People shouldn't even take the sharedrop theory seriously in the first place........What , just because a guy said so , then he will give you 10% of everything he built in the future ? Just because this guy sounded serious ?