Author Topic: OpenCL GPU miner opensource (for AMD cards)  (Read 33744 times)

Offline archit

• View Profile
Re: OpenCL GPU miner opensource (for AMD cards)
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 02:57:42 pm »
Well then I should begin work I guess :P

Offline userhl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 02:47:06 pm »
I fix it by google

Offline defi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 02:46:16 pm »
I will implement this in arCUDAminer and rename it to arGPUminer if there's enough demand for it

Please donate to me
PTS:Pn9b5y2FRpAn4V94gTLjxJ9eSQkeuuU6GP

Would also love to see your arGPUminer !

Offline userhl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 02:15:57 pm »
Hi. This is an opencl miner. More specifically, it's a miner without network code. 
To compile, you'll need: Visual Studio 2010, AMD APP SDK, Boost, OpenSSL (or an alternative implementation of SHA512). The actual collision pair are computed to a vector on line 120 in momentum_gpu.cpp, if you know c++ you can take it from there. 
I was mining on this code by a dll hack - I compiled a dll with "mine" function and added LoadLibrary/GetProcAddr to first beer's miner. I'm not releasing that code though because it's an ugly hack.

https://github.com/iruu/protoshares_momentum_opencl

Licensed under GPL 2.0. It's the same code that was in the benchmark I gave to some people on irc.

I get it compiled. But the compiler remind me "can't open boost/program_options.hpp"
Is that because i don't have BOOST?
how to install BOOST?

Initially (in November) I was planning and creating a pool for this, but something completely unrelated came up and I wasn't able to finish this. Sorry if you were waiting, especially if you helped me benchmark the code. 

There's an exe in Release folder, you can use to benchmark. 

Why release now? Because someone released CUDA miner. A closed, proprietary language! CUDA should die.

-

If you find it useful (or derived miner, which is very easy to do and probably will appear fast), need to exchange btc or like to trade btc on margin and you don't already have an account on bitfinex (cheapest btc exchange), during registration use my bitfinex referral code IiDoeUOa3i. A sort of a tip which doesn't cost you anything.

Offline plane501

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 01:50:17 pm »
archit do it please  ;)

we need that :-)!

Offline mudshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 01:40:42 pm »
Demand there is :-)!

Offline archit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »
I will implement this in arCUDAminer and rename it to arGPUminer if there's enough demand for it

Please donate to me
PTS:Pn9b5y2FRpAn4V94gTLjxJ9eSQkeuuU6GP

Offline sircotra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 09:38:27 am »
Dunno. Maybe you need to install the AMD App SDK and/or the newest driver for your card?

Yes I've installed AMD App SDK and Catalyst's driver from HP because the original Catalyst doesn't work correctly.

Offline iruu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:15 am »
The simplest option (code wise) would be the original client and/or beer's older miners, because they are based on that. Just substitute the original momentum_search call with the one from this code. However, this solution is both ugly and hard to maintain. On Windows, compiling bitcoind is a major pain in the ass.

main.cpp (Protoshares')
Code: [Select]
uint256 CBlockHeader::CalculateBestBirthdayHash(CBlockIndex* pindexPrev, bool &outdated) {

uint256 midHash = GetMidHash();
//std::vector< std::pair<uint32_t,uint32_t> > results =bts::momentum_search( midHash, pindexPrev, &pindexBest);
std::vector< std::pair<uint32_t,uint32_t> > results;
OpenCLMiner::momentum_search((unsigned int*)&midHash, results);
(this is named momentum_search3 in momentum_gpu.cpp)

For Linux, the rest was implemented in 
https://github.com/iruu/protoshares_momentum_opencl/blob/bitcoind_hack/opencl_hack.cpp
(repeated midhash check is because beer would sometimes resend the same work) 

Also, initializeOpenClMiner has to be called before using this. 

Unfortunately, I deleted the immediately compilable Linux version along with the last ec2 gpu linux instance. I was editing the code in the shell to get it working as fast as possible (it was a fun time, earning $500/hour mining :) ), then it turned out Nvidia's OpenCL is so much slower on Linux that the whole thing was useless.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:48:04 am by iruu »

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 07:34:00 am »
I have this compiling and executing. (Reassembling tool-chains is a pain.)

What reference miner functionality might it be easiest to port into this (so that I can do something with these collisions/m)? Minerd? jhprotominer? I'd like to have -o -u -p etc. command-line options as well . . .

OR, I'd be happy to collaborate with anyone to tell them how to reassemble the toolchain.

But it must be released open-source, day one.
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 05:10:41 am »
Hi. This is an opencl miner. More specifically, it's a miner without network code. 
To compile, you'll need: Visual Studio 2010, AMD APP SDK, Boost, OpenSSL. The actual collision pair are computed to a vector on line 120 in momentum_gpu.cpp, if you know c++ you can take it from there. 
I was mining on this code by a dll hack - I compiled a dll with "mine" function and added LoadLibrary/GetProcAddr to first beer's miner. I'm not releasing that code though because it's an ugly hack.

https://mega.co.nz/#!iFtkFKhA!ORrkCQ-CCUrLAqglu3cOUFH9mDQcr2n-7sRfeuRZMC8

Licensed under GPL 2.0. It's the same code that was in the benchmark I gave to some people on irc.

Initially (in November) I was planning and creating a pool for this, but something completely unrelated came up and I wasn't able to finish this. Sorry if you were waiting, especially if you helped me benchmark the code. 

There's an exe in Release folder, you can use to benchmark. 

Why release now? Because someone released CUDA miner. A closed, proprietary language! CUDA should die.

-

If you find it useful (or derived miner, which is very easy to do and probably will appear fast), need to exchange btc or like to trade btc on margin and you don't already have an account on bitfinex (cheapest btc exchange), during registration use my bitfinex referral code IiDoeUOa3i. A sort of a tip which doesn't cost you anything.

I am not good at all these things, cause I am not a vc developer... so I would highly appreciate it if you can provide an executive file, that we don't need to compile and build it.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline jefflee

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 04:19:32 am »
Does anyone port it to Linux? That would be great :)

Offline unclewind

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 02:54:33 am »
how long can we get the mining tools?

Offline iruu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 02:00:38 am »
Don't use less than 100 iterations for a benchmark, results from 3 iterations are not reliable.
On 7970 without OC you should get about 500col/m. 
Generally the more memory the better should be the result. 

Apparently the RX series cards support buffers bigger than 512MB. That makes the two buffer hack obsolete (ie. one buffer 1GB, or even 2GB version should be a few percents faster). 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:14:01 am by iruu »

Offline scp_1982

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 01:36:05 am »
momentum_gpu.exe -m 288 -d 1 -b 2
AMD HD7950, col/m=946
AMD HD7970, col/m=1060
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:40:14 am by scp_1982 »