Author Topic: STEEM price discussion  (Read 13590 times)

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
I thought the point of Steem was to attract users to trade a hot new token on OpenLedger, and they just use Bittrex instead?  >:(

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I tried looking into STEEM but can't for the life of me figure out if it's more worth it to just hold STEEM or convert it to VESTS...if you convert it you just get shielded from dilution/get voting rights, but your money is basically locked up for 2 years, right?

And if $300k isn't indicative of its true market cap, can anyone come up with a closer real valuation?

Offline svk

Can somebody explain me how the supply changed in one day from 334000 STEEMs to 402000 STEEMs?
It is 25% in on day! I thought the dilution per day is about 0.3% (113% per year)...I am sure I am missing something  :)

The quantity of available/liquid STEEM also depends on the number of VESTS being withdrawn to STEEM.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think they will be forced to change their accounting out of the sheer ridiculousness of their ranking of Steem vs the rest of the market.

from the other side it will attract many new speculators due to the currently super "low valuation"  ...

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Can somebody explain me how the supply changed in one day from 334000 STEEMs to 402000 STEEMs?
It is 25% in on day! I thought the dilution per day is about 0.3% (113% per year)...I am sure I am missing something  :)

Offline bytemaster

I think they will be forced to change their accounting out of the sheer ridiculousness of their ranking of Steem vs the rest of the market.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Do you think STEEM stays for ever on a  300K marketcap?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/steem/#markets