Author Topic: STEEM price discussion  (Read 13592 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Why STEEM inflation so high?

you can see graphs diverge.

that is inflation so high

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/steem/
There will be ~500M STEEM at the end of the first year.
Then ~100% inflation every year.

STEEM is going to fall to .3 cents like BTS.  Don't buy it until then. 

Dat inflation.

You are wrong my friend...you should read more about the "Indestructibility of Steem's 'market cap'*"
Below are the (increasingly incorrectly called) 3 rules ....  "3 rules of steem market cap":

1. Even if the price of steems falls 10 times,  steem's market cap stays the same (or grows!!!!)
2. In year #1 even if the price of steem falls 50-70x, steem's market cap stays the same or grows.
3. Steem price just cannot fall fast enough to offset the new steems, at 9x new steem for every new steem -  steem's market cap stays the same or grows!
4. Even if the only buyer of steem is at 1sat... simply there aren't any sellers...so "steem's market cap stays the same or grows"

PS
'market cap'* here is defined as follows - whatever BM fined as 'fair definition of market cap".... no need for the shares/coins to be available in the next 365 years to sell to the market... as long as BM deems them "part of the MC" those shares are in.... currently at 11 Mil USD MC and growing.... Can you dare outpace us? BM grows the steem market cap at 9X for anyone who "even thinks at selling at todays price ...or 90% lower for that matter."

"Cause you simply cannot sell fast enough...we just print them faster!"
LOL. Very interesting indeed.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline rajarush

• View Profile

Just to set things straight here. I was asked weeks ago if I would be ready to have an article put through on STEEM via Forbes. I was also told that OpenLedger was meant to be first platform to trade STEEM.

None of this has happened, and whatever is the reason for BiTTREX to be the first, you all need to take up with the people orchestrating this, meaning @dannotestein @bytemaster @nedscott

I am enjoying to help promote BitShares and OL on top, but as I have mentioned in previous threads whenever there is a hidden agenda and i feel someone here have been playing on many horses and really made a bad impression on it all.

I hope it will improve soon in terms of how communication has been presented, and I hate to waste my own time and anyone else's for that matter thinking we are on the same page, when in fact someone has already witten the end of the story on his own.

This is definitely not the first nor second time they stub from back. Get use to it with this group of people. And... Nothing will improve in future. They say: enjoy or leave. Need evidence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Dat inflation.

You are wrong my friend...you should read more about the "Indestructibility of Steem's 'market cap'*"
Below are the (increasingly incorrectly called) 3 rules ....  "3 rules of steem market cap":

1. Even if the price of steems falls 10 times,  steem's market cap stays the same (or grows!!!!)
2. In year #1 even if the price of steem falls 50-70x, steem's market cap stays the same or grows.
3. Steem price just cannot fall fast enough to offset the new steems, at 9x new steem for every new steem -  steem's market cap stays the same or grows!
4. Even if the only buyer of steem is at 1sat... simply there aren't any sellers...so "steem's market cap stays the same or grows"

PS
'market cap'* here is defined as follows - whatever BM fined as 'fair definition of market cap".... no need for the shares/coins to be available in the next 365 years to sell to the market... as long as BM deems them "part of the MC" those shares are in.... currently at 11 Mil USD MC and growing.... Can you dare outpace us? BM grows the steem market cap at 9X for anyone who "even thinks at selling at todays price ...or 90% lower for that matter."

"Cause you simply cannot sell fast enough...we just print them faster!"

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:28:52 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline ag

• View Profile

Dat inflation.

by the time that happen's it may be 600 steem per vest? So it would be like buying at 0.3 now...

Offline ag

• View Profile
If the steem isn't being mined any more, and block-rewards are being paid in vests, and posting rewards aren't being paid out until july or june, how is it inflating? Is is from people withdrawing VESTS? And can some one explain by the withdraw ratio is still increasing, is there some pool of steem that is growing?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Dat inflation.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

You may have to refresh the wallet in the browser, i did not see it until today after I refreshed.

I have but no results for firefox (ctrl + F5) ... any other suggestion except clearing cache and import wallet backup again?
with chrome it worked...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Just to set things straight here. I was asked weeks ago if I would be ready to have an article put through on STEEM via Forbes. I was also told that OpenLedger was meant to be first platform to trade STEEM.

None of this has happened, and whatever is the reason for BiTTREX to be the first, you all need to take up with the people orchestrating this, meaning @dannotestein @bytemaster @nedscott

I am enjoying to help promote BitShares and OL on top, but as I have mentioned in previous threads whenever there is a hidden agenda and i feel someone here have been playing on many horses and really made a bad impression on it all.

I hope it will improve soon in terms of how communication has been presented, and I hate to waste my own time and anyone else's for that matter thinking we are on the same page, when in fact someone has already witten the end of the story on his own.

@ccedk
Just tell us when deposits and withdrawal's are allowed on OL and we will take of OPEN.STEEM after that... don't worry!

Is it not already? I thought actually it was made possible a few days ago. Pls test it. Its hard for me to do much on this, as I have received very limited information all in all.

@bytemaster
@Bytemаsteг

Can you take care of this?  (or somebody they listen to you)
I don't see any option to deposit or withdraw. Even if there is a way it is not easy to find.Please give the option on top of the page of each pair...
Update your GUI to the latest version
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Also if you use the lite wallet, make sure you have the latest one i think it ends in 420 instead of 406. If you still cant find it you can use the memo field and follow the directions xeldal posted here:
Xeldal[/member]/how-to-transfer-steem-between-the-bitshares-and-steem-networks]https://steemit.com/steem/@Xeldal/how-to-transfer-steem-between-the-bitshares-and-steem-networks
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Pheonike

You may have to refresh the wallet in the browser, i did not see it until today after I refreshed.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

@ccedk
Just tell us when deposits and withdrawal's are allowed on OL and we will take of OPEN.STEEM after that... don't worry!

Is it not already? I thought actually it was made possible a few days ago. Pls test it. Its hard for me to do much on this, as I have received very limited information all in all.

@bytemaster
@Bytemаsteг

I don't see any option to deposit or withdraw. Even if there is a way it is not easy to find.Please give the option on top of the page of each pair...

If you go into Deposit/Withdraw, don't you see STEEM listed under gateway?  I do.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

@ccedk

@bytemaster
@Bytemаsteг

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

@ccedk

It should be working.. at least for some people
10 hours ago receive 100.000 STEEM from dele-puppy open.steem:dele-puppy
11 hours ago receive 1485.000 STEEM from remembering open.steem:americansilver
11 hours ago receive 15.000 STEEM from remembering open.steem:americansilver
13 hours ago transfer 249.500 STEEM to riverhead
19 hours ago transfer 499.000 STEEM to riverhead
21 hours ago transfer 806.174 STEEM to riverhead
1 day ago transfer 932.182 STEEM to riverhead
1 day ago receive 41.000 STEEM from bunch-of-steem open.steem:lafona
1 day ago transfer 393.995 STEEM to blocktrades
1 day ago transfer 1050.535 STEEM to xeroc