Author Topic: Depoposit and withdraw BTS from Bitshares 2.0?  (Read 10750 times)

Offline Pheonike

Think of like Poloniex, Bitfinex, Kraken, etc all shared the same order book. They would not share wallets therefore they each would issue their own BTC because that's the only one they could trust. BitBTC is backed by the blockchain itself so only have to trust the Bitshars code.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Thank you for your answers, but I still think it is very confusing and counterintuitive. A software like this should be easy to use so that even a monkey can use it. I dont think most people my patience to ask questions for two weeks to figure out how to be able to do the most simple trade.

TRADE.BTC has zero liquidity. You better withdraw your BTC and deposit back through CCEDK or Metaexchange.

If the market associeted with TRADE.BTC has zero liquidity why does it still exist? Where do I deposit BTC to do trade with BTC not OPEN.BTC or TRADE.BTC?

You don't have BTC on bitshares blockchain. You have a token which represents BTC. This token can be issued by different parties. TRADE.BTC, OPEN.BTC, METAEX.BTC, bitBTC etc. Just like on different bitcoin exchanges, but all collected into single blockchain. You have to understand this before trading. If you feel yourself like a monkey, don't touch this thing. Go to a zoo, they will put you into comfortable cage and will feed you with banana for free for the rest of your life. Pretty good deal.

Offline svk

If you look in the picture that I have posted above there is a BTC:BTS market. BTC looks very much like bitcoin to me. I have zero BTC in this market and want to be able to deposit BTC so I will have more then zero. It should be the most simple thing imaginable to do.
The confusing truth is that the BTC you are referring to is actually BitBTC, not BTC. BitBTC is a "smartcoin" in BitShares nomenclature (https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/). It is a derivative whose value tracks that of BTC, but not on a 1-1 basis and it's not directly exchangeable for BTC (unless you can find someone willing to exchange it at that rate). Early on, the powers that be at the time decided to use BTC as the wallet symbol for BitBTC, so it's not an easy thing to change now.
It actually is called bitBTC in the GUI now, even though it's called BTC on the blockchain. All smartcoins owned by the committee-account get the bit prefix.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
If you look in the picture that I have posted above there is a BTC:BTS market. BTC looks very much like bitcoin to me. I have zero BTC in this market and want to be able to deposit BTC so I will have more then zero. It should be the most simple thing imaginable to do.
The confusing truth is that the BTC you are referring to is actually BitBTC, not BTC. BitBTC is a "smartcoin" in BitShares nomenclature (https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/). It is a derivative whose value tracks that of BTC, but not on a 1-1 basis and it's not directly exchangeable for BTC (unless you can find someone willing to exchange it at that rate). Early on, the powers that be at the time decided to use BTC as the wallet symbol for BitBTC, so it's not an easy thing to change now.

http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline wolfram

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:54:23 am by wolfram »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
There is a chicken & egg problem here, but there is quite a lot of liquidity with OPEN.BTC -> BTS. Everyone is free to create their own assets on the open ledger. When you deposit BTC into Poloniex, you are getting "Polo.BTC" - they arent real BTC in your wallet anymore. The same concept applies to OPEN.BTC.

But there is a asset called BTC and I would like to be able to trade it. So where do I deposit BTC from outside to have the BTC asset in the exchange?

Are you sure you dont mean BitBTC, the market pegged asset? Maybe paste a link to the market/asset your talking about on Openledger.

Easiest way to get BitBTC is to deposit your BTC into BTS (using Blocktrades) and then trade on the BTS/BitBTC market.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:42:14 pm by speedy »

Offline wolfram

• View Profile
There is a chicken & egg problem here, but there is quite a lot of liquidity with OPEN.BTC -> BTS. Everyone is free to create their own assets on the open ledger. When you deposit BTC into Poloniex, you are getting "Polo.BTC" - they arent real BTC in your wallet anymore. The same concept applies to OPEN.BTC.

But there is a asset called BTC and I would like to be able to trade it. So where do I deposit BTC from outside to have the BTC asset in the exchange?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
If the market associeted with TRADE.BTC has zero liquidity why does it still exist? Where do I deposit BTC to do trade with BTC not OPEN.BTC or TRADE.BTC?

There is a chicken & egg problem here, but there is quite a lot of liquidity with OPEN.BTC -> BTS. Everyone is free to create their own assets on the open ledger.
When you deposit BTC into Poloniex, you are getting "Polo.BTC" - they arent real BTC in your wallet anymore. The same concept applies to OPEN.BTC.

Offline wolfram

• View Profile
Thank you for your answers, but I still think it is very confusing and counterintuitive. A software like this should be easy to use so that even a monkey can use it. I dont think most people my patience to ask questions for two weeks to figure out how to be able to do the most simple trade.

TRADE.BTC has zero liquidity. You better withdraw your BTC and deposit back through CCEDK or Metaexchange.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:49:36 pm by wolfram »

Offline svk

I'm tempted to remove the TRADE. assets from the wallet tbh, would be much better to just have OPEN. assets. Especially since it's run by the same company..

What's Dan N's handle here again? Someone tag him for me please..

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You have TRADE.BTC not BTC, nor OPEN.BTC
Search for the TRADE.BTC:BTS market

Offline wolfram

• View Profile
If have illustrated my problem with the following image. In Account>Deposit/Withdrawal I have BTC, in "Trade" I have no BTC so I can not trade.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I still have the problem that allthough I have sent BTC to the account and it is visible in the deposits/withdrawals I can not trade with it at the BTS:BTC market because balance BTC in the "buy BTS" frame is zero.
You have open.btc, so look for bts_open.btc market, you are looking at bitbtc market
I still have the problem that allthough I have sent BTC to the account and it is visible in the deposits/withdrawals I can not trade with it at the BTS:BTC market because balance BTC in the "buy BTS" frame is zero.
You have open.btc, so look for bts_open.btc market, you are looking at bitbtc market

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You probably have OPEN.BTC and not bitBTC. You can trade then in the OPNEN.BTC:BTS market