Author Topic: Bitcoin Sidechain NOW - Crowdfunding discussion  (Read 2153 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This is already being covered by the development of Peerplays.. crowdfund starts this Friday.

Now all you have to do is promote it to have sidechains here. :)

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22343.0.html

Unfortunately my vision has nothing to do with your vision, but I don't think that it would be helpful to launch the sidechain crowdfunding now.

I don't quite understand what you mean about vision. If Bitshares has sidechain capability that can be used for various crypto currencies what does our visions have to do with it? At the end of the day the technology is enabled and Bitshares gains all the benefits from everyone using it.

With vision I mean the sidechains. From what I saw, it was more like graphene to graphene and bitAssets. There was no mention to Bitcoin. That would be a killer feature, but it is not mentioned there.

Did you look at the video on www.peerplays.com ?

We specifically mentioned bitcoin and ethereum along with the bitassets.

Check it out. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

tarantulaz

This is already being covered by the development of Peerplays.. crowdfund starts this Friday.

Unfortunately my vision has nothing to do with your vision, but I don't think that it would be helpful to launch the sidechain crowdfunding now.

I don't quite understand what you mean about vision. If Bitshares has sidechain capability that can be used for various crypto currencies what does our visions have to do with it? At the end of the day the technology is enabled and Bitshares gains all the benefits from everyone using it.

With vision I mean the sidechains. From what I saw, it was more like graphene to graphene and bitAssets. There was no mention to Bitcoin. That would be a killer feature, but it is not mentioned there.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

tarantulaz

tarantulaz

Now you have to do is promote it to have sidechains here. :)

Excellent!

I missed that hangout and I didn't have the time to listen to it. I am going to listen to it now :D

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:46:45 am by BunkerChain Labs »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

tarantulaz

Hello everyone!

After seeing all these successful crowdfunding campaigns, I started thinking about doing something about the Bitcoin Sidechains. Now that the Fee-backed Assets are going live, it would be a great opportunity to raise money for the sidechains!

The way I've thought about it is the following :
1. Find a trustworthy group of developers that can do the work and trustworthy people who can continuously check the progress.
2. Discuss about the price and a good plan on how the work is going to be done, as well as a possible roadmap. In post by Akado regarding the possible roadmap for bitshares, there was an estimate for the work to be done in 3 months and the cost around 200.000$. (I think we could do it in 5 months and 300.000$.)
3. Create a committee with many well known and trusted community members, like Bytemaster and Xeroc.
4. Create an initial asset that can be traded until the Fee-Backed asset goes live, which can then be exchanged for the actual fee backed token or even better, if possible, to create a Fee-backed asset that will later be 'linked' with the sidechain and will collect and distribute fees).
5. It would be great if people could deposit Bitshares, BitAssets and BTC UIAs in order to receive their crowdsale tokens, so an initial price should be set. I haven't thought about it thoroughly, so any ideas are more than welcome.

If I am missing something, please let me know. Also, the team that wants to develop this should be able to accept crypto as a payment method, as I wouldn't want the committee members to handle any fiat payments. Payments could be sent regularly, if the required effort is put by the devs.

I would suggest that we wait until all things regarding stealth and fee backed assets are sorted and then start the campaign. Another suggestion would be to wait until Lisk and most other recent projects go live, so that people can have more money to invest. Late June or mid July after the halving would be good opportunities to start.