Author Topic: PR discussion (cont)  (Read 3237 times)

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
I have been following memory coin for quite a while, reading and lurking on the forum as i mine a miserable amount from my laptop. I was really hopeful about the future of the coin and liked the idea of voting and the elected positions. But this is turning out to be a freaking circus. No transparency. Real mafia talk. No diplomacy whatsoever and the *elected* officers doing nothing to keep the community together even though they are paid for it.

You were elected as CEO, CTO and co of something that still has a market cap of 500k+$ last time i checked. You should consider acting like it. There is great concepts and development behind the coin and yes some of the elected officials are responsible for it (and they deserve respect for that} but what makes an alt coin stand out nowadays is the community and the trust. And it is quite obvious that the trust today is at a low point. I don't see the harm of being more transparent and less on the defensive. This is a damn schoolyard and instead of trying to appease everybody and act like the position you were elected for you are the face of what's shady in a currency. I am not saying you did any real wrong, but that doesn't matter. Every time an officer speaks i feel like he just wants to make an example of what is a PR disaster.

Get your shit together. You are the face of the coin.

You may think it is just my opinion, but at that point, that would just be being naive.

With regards,

city19akro

Edit: I apologize for the topic change. I just wanted to react in regards of the comment left in this thread that really seemed to be out of line...
Its impressive how quickly newmine and his crew can knock out alt accounts

It's more impressive how one can quickly turn the conversation to ad hominem in each of his attempts. We are really fed up with your trolling, isaacgoldbourne.
His initial post was ad hominem, not meaning to get "he hit me first on this" but I wouldn't really say that I am trolling.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
I have been following memory coin for quite a while, reading and lurking on the forum as i mine a miserable amount from my laptop. I was really hopeful about the future of the coin and liked the idea of voting and the elected positions. But this is turning out to be a freaking circus. No transparency. Real mafia talk. No diplomacy whatsoever and the *elected* officers doing nothing to keep the community together even though they are paid for it.

You were elected as CEO, CTO and co of something that still has a market cap of 500k+$ last time i checked. You should consider acting like it. There is great concepts and development behind the coin and yes some of the elected officials are responsible for it (and they deserve respect for that} but what makes an alt coin stand out nowadays is the community and the trust. And it is quite obvious that the trust today is at a low point. I don't see the harm of being more transparent and less on the defensive. This is a damn schoolyard and instead of trying to appease everybody and act like the position you were elected for you are the face of what's shady in a currency. I am not saying you did any real wrong, but that doesn't matter. Every time an officer speaks i feel like he just wants to make an example of what is a PR disaster.

You may think it is just my opinion, but at that point, that would just be being naive.

With regards,

city19akro

Edit: I apologize for the topic change. I just wanted to react in regards of the comment left in this thread that really seemed to be out of line...

It's more impressive how one can quickly turn the conversation to ad hominem in each of his attempts. We are really fed up with your trolling, isaacgoldbourne.
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline city19akro

• View Profile
I wanted to apologize, apparently i misunderstood your comment replying to the pool owner. It did look like a threat to me and i apparently wasn't the only one interpreting that way. But it appears you didn't mean it that way so i can recognize that i accused you unfairly of being aggressive.

On the other hand i can' t apologize for criticizing and pointing out things that make the coin look very bad and trying to open the eyes of the officer if they can't see it by themselves. No amount of mining and holding i can do by myself actually would have any impact compared to the officer's each time they express or deal with legitimate questions here. That doesn't prevent me from mining though as little as my hardware allow me to because i do believe in some principles of the coin and i am happy with various aspect of the implementation. It won' t stop me from, as you put it so beautifully "bitching" when i feel like something is hurting the coin.

Congrats for your business i am very happy for your success.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:55:11 am by city19akro »

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Short answer - no, not yet.

On the upside, we are not going to 51% the network or try other funny things. You may remember how btcguild was handling over half of bitcoin network and nothing special happened - for the same reason.
What if I hold a gun to your head?
It is very clear how exactly centralisation is bad, but it is (obviously) against our selfish interest to opensource the thing on the moment. It is also against the same selfish interest to harm the coin.
Its also against your selfish interest for me to not put a bullet in your brain. Even if you did it privately with other pools and arrange a part of their fees to go to you that would be considerably better than you having all the control.

I trust you, its just there are always ways of making you do things, or gaining access to your servers and doing things.

Definitely glad you were part of the memory coin leadership for two elections.
I still created a business, and helped out in various other ways with the coin. May I suggest instead of criticising everyone and bitching on the forums that you go and do something.

Literally anything to help the coin, be it creating a service or mining and holding
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline city19akro

• View Profile
Short answer - no, not yet.

On the upside, we are not going to 51% the network or try other funny things. You may remember how btcguild was handling over half of bitcoin network and nothing special happened - for the same reason.
What if I hold a gun to your head?
It is very clear how exactly centralisation is bad, but it is (obviously) against our selfish interest to opensource the thing on the moment. It is also against the same selfish interest to harm the coin.
Its also against your selfish interest for me to not put a bullet in your brain. Even if you did it privately with other pools and arrange a part of their fees to go to you that would be considerably better than you having all the control.

I trust you, its just there are always ways of making you do things, or gaining access to your servers and doing things.

Definitely glad you were part of the memory coin leadership for two elections.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
I wasn't aware criticism could only be directed at FreeTrade.
No, but I'm not really part of anything you mentioned. I operate a business that uses memorycoin and was CNO for about 2 elections.

Offline city19akro

• View Profile
I wasn't aware criticism could only be directed at FreeTrade.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
And on top of that you are either paranoid or like i said, very naive. Just read back the historic of your comments and take a step back. It is really not that hard to realize how people might share my opinion. I don't really know newmine apart from the few post i read when he was trying to get elected and i don't especially side with him AT ALL. I'm just pointing out how all the elected team looks and sound hoping you fix it because that would help all of us.

And i'm sure you can figure out who are duplicate accounts or not and we both know i am not one. Don't try to dismiss criticism by making it seem like only an extreme minority has the capability of having a dissident opinion. It really does not make the case for you or your team being PR competent. Good luck trying to attract people and calm doubts with that mentality.

Although i give you guys props for not deleting posts like mine, at least it is not completely hopeless.
You do realise, I'm not freetrade?

Offline city19akro

• View Profile
And on top of that you are either paranoid or like i said, very naive. Just read back the historic of your comments and take a step back. It is really not that hard to realize how people might share my opinion. I don't really know newmine apart from the few post i read when he was trying to get elected and i don't especially side with him AT ALL. I'm just pointing out how all the elected team looks and sound hoping you fix it because that would help all of us.

And i'm sure you can figure out who are duplicate accounts or not and we both know i am not one. Don't try to dismiss criticism by making it seem like only an extreme minority has the capability of having a dissident opinion. It really does not make the case for you or your team being PR competent. Good luck trying to attract people and calm doubts with that mentality.

Although i give you guys props for not deleting posts like mine, at least it is not completely hopeless.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

With regards,

city19akro