Author Topic: What time 'mindphlux' was kicked out of the committee and witness  (Read 10460 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I can only speek for myself here, but it is extremely frustrating that we have no means of communicating with @baozi how still is the proxy with the most support.
From my perspective(!) he has done VERY little to bring in any value to BTS recently. He has quit participating in the bitsharestalk community and hasn't replied to ANY of my approaches reaching him.
All he did was "claim" that paying workers at the current rates is not good for BTS not answering any of the major question raised:
* WHAT is his answer to bring value to BTS?
* WHO would work for BTS not getting paid?
* WHY would anyone work for BTS to make the whales (presumably mostly chinese) become rich?!

+5% +5% +5%

The people from the anti-dilution camp need to understand that their money/stake is NOT working on its own and does NOT grow the ecosystem by sitting around.
I am (personally) VERY disappointed by the progress publicly made by the chinese community (except for recent announcements of the Just-Dice fork) and of course bitcrab who is doing an amazing job!

It may be a lack of communications but I don't see much coming from our eastern friends besides that.

(The above represents my (and only my) opinion and me be a result of recent frustrations not related to BTS at all. I apologize if I offended anyone)

alt just migrated with family from China to Australia for several weeks so maybe recently he could not pay much attention on BTS.

let me review the realized changes of BTS with participation of China community:

1. a live and working committee is built, no need to say more, this is positive and  important to BTS.
2. the adjustment of fee, this is also positive and important, now users do not need to care more on fees while doing transfer or trading.
3.the anti-dilution campaign that raised the worker proposal threshold. this is always in argument.

for point 3, in my view, China people are easy to be emotional to be against dilution because of several factors:

1. more than 2 years ago, users raised 5600 BTC and other assets to fund the development of BTS, now they are just told that the funds are all spent out, but there is not a report to tell how these funds are spent out.

2.sometimes some China users feel "the developers create worker proposal to develop, and finally they bring a lot of bugs, and then they create a new worker proposal to fix the bugs ". I don't think what they feel is true, but...

3.the salary gap between China and US/EU.

better communication can help to avoid misunderstanding, at least  I feel we need a report on how the funds are spent, this can help people to understand the necessity of dilution.

and I feel in such a "post BM" times several things need to be clarified:
1. which core developers are still working for BTS, how much time they spent and what are they doing?
2. does the core developers have plan to complete or extend the BTS features? for example, any plan for "Bond Market" feature to be done? without BM any problem in organizing these jobs?

actually in current BTS platform there are many things can be done, we can see Ronny is extending OL UIA list without stop, this is very well, however we also need to think about the future of BTS and in which way BTS will go...

this is why I sometimes feel we need a "joint meeting" to discuss these things...

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I agree with many points mentioned by @bitcrab above.

this is why I sometimes feel we need a "joint meeting" to discuss these things...
.. most importantly, I agree with this.

I am surprised to see @alt lurking the forum again. Would be nice if he
could write up what his plans and impressions are.

Furthermore, the 5600BTC are probably all spend because that is not too
much of development power, at least not in the US. I though agree that a
spreadsheet of spendings would be nice and I recall that @Stan has had
one published.

I can also recall that some of the funds have been handed over to
different people among which were some Chinese marketing guys as well as
a scammer in the U.S. that took the money and ran.

Also, from the perspective of I3/CNX, they delivered an awesome product
for the 5600 BTC paid (IMHO) and people can't expect them to continue
development with out further funding. Would you?

Apologise for de-railing this thread.
There was a spreadsheet of expenses that was being published at one point by Stan, but I think think it lacked sufficient detail and was very difficult to understand. Personally, I was never really able to figure out much about where funds were being spent and how much funds were left at any point in time. I'm sure at least part of this was due to the inadequacies of financial software for handling funds raised in multiple cryptocurrencies and possibly Stan's lack of experience as an accountant, but presumably there were better books kept somewhere for tax purposes. So I fully understand the dissatisfaction with this part of the project, although I do agree with xeroc that we did get pretty good value for our money compared to other crypto projects (at least on the technical side, obviously the marketing side didn't go so well).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I agree with many points mentioned by @bitcrab above.

.. most importantly, I agree with this.

I am surprised to see @alt lurking the forum again. Would be nice if he
could write up what his plans and impressions are.

Furthermore, the 5600BTC are probably all spend because that is not too
much of development power, at least not in the US. I though agree that a
spreadsheet of spendings would be nice and I recall that @Stan has had
one published.

I can also recall that some of the funds have been handed over to
different people among which were some Chinese marketing guys as well as
a scammer in the U.S. that took the money and ran.

Also, from the perspective of I3/CNX, they delivered an awesome product
for the 5600 BTC paid (IMHO) and people can't expect them to continue
development with out further funding. Would you?

Apologise for de-railing this thread.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I can only speek for myself here, but it is extremely frustrating that we have no means of communicating with @baozi how still is the proxy with the most support.
From my perspective(!) he has done VERY little to bring in any value to BTS recently. He has quit participating in the bitsharestalk community and hasn't replied to ANY of my approaches reaching him.
All he did was "claim" that paying workers at the current rates is not good for BTS not answering any of the major question raised:
* WHY would anyone work for BTS to make the whales (presumably mostly chinese) become rich?!

The people from the anti-dilution camp need to understand that their money/stake is NOT working on its own and does NOT grow the ecosystem by sitting around.
I am (personally) VERY disappointed by the progress publicly made by the chinese community (except for recent announcements of the Just-Dice fork) and of course bitcrab who is doing an amazing job!

It may be a lack of communications but I don't see much coming from our eastern friends besides that.

(The above represents my (and only my) opinion and me be a result of recent frustrations not related to BTS at all. I apologize if I offended anyone)

alt just migrated with family from China to Australia for several weeks so maybe recently he could not pay much attention on BTS.

let me review the realized changes of BTS with participation of China community:

1. a live and working committee is built, no need to say more, this is positive and  important to BTS.
2. the adjustment of fee, this is also positive and important, now users do not need to care more on fees while doing transfer or trading.
3.the anti-dilution campaign that raised the worker proposal threshold. this is always in argument.

for point 3, in my view, China people are easy to be emotional to be against dilution because of several factors:

1. more than 2 years ago, users raised 5600 BTC and other assets to fund the development of BTS, now they are just told that the funds are all spent out, but there is not a report to tell how these funds are spent out.

2.sometimes some China users feel "the developers create worker proposal to develop, and finally they bring a lot of bugs, and then they create a new worker proposal to fix the bugs ". I don't think what they feel is true, but...

3.the salary gap between China and US/EU.

better communication can help to avoid misunderstanding, at least  I feel we need a report on how the funds are spent, this can help people to understand the necessity of dilution.

and I feel in such a "post BM" times several things need to be clarified:
1. which core developers are still working for BTS, how much time they spent and what are they doing?
2. does the core developers have plan to complete or extend the BTS features? for example, any plan for "Bond Market" feature to be done? without BM any problem in organizing these jobs?

actually in current BTS platform there are many things can be done, we can see Ronny is extending OL UIA list without stop, this is very well, however we also need to think about the future of BTS and in which way BTS will go...

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
likewise, what time do chinese get out of BTS so we can actually get some work done?

Are you serious?
Well the anti-dilution crows are presumably mostly from china .. with no communication here at all (@baozi, i am talking about you).

From my perspecrive, the anti-dilution brought us no-where with no end in sight and no rise in price at all.

I'd like to know what things are not done just because the anti-dilution from China?

the BSIP10 is stopped, however as I know there is already something wrong in the team while being stopped, more important, in China community seldom think the BSIP10 will bring a helpful feature, I regret that I haven't objected the worker proposal at the beginning.

but most of the worker proposals are kept after laomao voted, next time is that I heard almost all the core developers go to work for STEEM, at that time I removed my support to all the workers except svk's.

I am sorry that maybe such a response is too simple or too brutal, but I think what we really need is a mechanism to coordinate western and eastern communities, more communications are needed to avoid misunderstanding. even more generally seems we need something like "joint meeting" that include committee members, core developers and top proxies to discuss important things and push BTS forward.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
likewise, what time do chinese get out of BTS so we can actually get some work done?

Are you serious?
Well the anti-dilution crows are presumably mostly from china .. with no communication here at all (@baozi, i am talking about you).

From my perspecrive, the anti-dilution brought us no-where with no end in sight and no rise in price at all.

Correct, but generalizing this to "the chinese" is really not helpful.

Agree. We are BTSer.  It should be known that even among the Chinese, there are always a lot of disputes. Indeed the Chinese have a big stake of BTS,  if Fav doesn't like this, he should advertise more in his country :)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

Are you serious?

Agree. We are BTSer.  It should be known that even among the Chinese, there are always a lot of disputes. Indeed the Chinese have a big stake of BTS,  if Fav doesn't like this, he should advertise more in his country :)
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Are you serious?

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Are you serious?

yes

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Are you serious?

Offline zk

• View Profile

Are you serious?

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
Council member do this thing is not suitable  :-\ :-\ :-\
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

out of the current committee, two have never joined any discussion or tried to contact the rest of the committee.
If you can come up with good proposals for committee member, I would love to support some fresh air in the committee. In the meantime I will keep my voting for people that are at least active in discussions.

So you would rather support a liar?  :(
At least I can TALK to him and he participates in discussions.
You need to understand that the committee needs to be at least 11 people! Come up with a better choice just now!

If we convinced kencode, or fuzzy, or stan or anyone that is active in and for bitshares to become a committee i would LOVE to show my support

I agree... i would be great to have committee members who actually engage... a number of them as mentioned don't participate at all.. which makes me wonder how or why they got voted for in the first place.

What I don't understand is this hate-on for mindflux.. and why it matters now. Did something happen? Has BM moved on so now they have to take aim at someone else to 'shame' ? Is this just the way it goes in other community circles.. always have a whipping boy?

There is much more that can be done.. but we all have our hands tied now due to the voting structure putting everything into stop mode.

The only good news to come around that the committee got to participate in is our brothers down south pushing for bitARS.

Go ahead and ask just how many have actually responded in that conversation. Reality is we have a committee of about 5 or 6 at best some times, and 2 to 3 most of the time. It's not all that concerning though, we are only there to adjust fees specifically.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
we only have 11 people can do a committee job?
I'm afraid we have less than 11 people are willing to do that job.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

chryspano

We all know he was a thief,

link:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21212.msg275947.html#msg275947

so, Why do we support him .Almost 1 year,
today,he have 215,272,616 BTS vote
how do you think  the price fall? maybe perhaps you can see from here,

we have been around a thief

This is our committee ?
This is our shame !

You should ask this question to the anti-dilutionist cult,  but it seems that they "officially" declared the start of the scrapegoat hunting season!

Happy hunting everyone!