Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Chronos Crypto videos  (Read 31400 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

The referral program sounds good on paper, but after the fees were adjusted it has become pretty much worthless. The top two leading referrers have ~1,600 referred accounts between them and less than a few thousand bts vesting (referral income) each.
I disagree. All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM. Once people see the value in LTM the referral program will be worth it.
All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM.
In other words, all it takes is to convince people of something that is currently unlikely: that being an LTM will be long-term profitable because of fee savings and referral fees. I'd agree that the referral system probably isn't compelling for most people right now, if they understand the fee structure.

With the drastically reduced fees, there is really no point to upgrade!!! The way I look at it, saving 80% on what is almost a free trade amounts to minimal savings. Spending a bunch of your capital to upgrade to LTM just doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I not sure... N im new here if its cheap thats fjne
Using dex is simple understand bitshares is complicated.....people need to trade in dex n use smartcoins....so if people come n start trading more people will spread the word....it need to increase volume on smart coins....big player needed....this is the first dex functional......need to take advantage of being first like bitcoin was the first in his purpose.......more volume  will bring more people.......we need some big player n give them incentives make it the best for them so they will bring value.for bts n make the tool shine.....people will follow where the mo.ey is
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Assuming the community has the right to distribute the videos for promotional purposes, I/BlockTrades would vote for your worker.
I'd prefer the videos stay on the Chronos Crypto channel, but any hotlinking or embedding would be fine. Is that the kind of distributing you had in mind?
I don't mind normally using links, but my concern is that you or youtube could always remove those videos at any time. Would you be willing to give the community the source videos in the unlikely case they are no longer accessible via your youtube account for some reason?
That's a valid concern. I'd be happy to make the .mp4 video files temporarily available to the community as a backup, provided that they are not posted or distributed outside the Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel (unless that channel becomes unavailable and I provide no reasonable equivalent alternative).
Sounds fine to me.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Chronos

Assuming the community has the right to distribute the videos for promotional purposes, I/BlockTrades would vote for your worker.
I'd prefer the videos stay on the Chronos Crypto channel, but any hotlinking or embedding would be fine. Is that the kind of distributing you had in mind?
I don't mind normally using links, but my concern is that you or youtube could always remove those videos at any time. Would you be willing to give the community the source videos in the unlikely case they are no longer accessible via your youtube account for some reason?
That's a valid concern. I'd be happy to make the .mp4 video files temporarily available to the community as a backup, provided that they are not posted or distributed outside the Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel (unless that channel becomes unavailable and I provide no reasonable equivalent alternative).

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Great to see that you are creating a business out on bitshares.  The video productions would benefit your Chronos Crypto channel (is it paid via youtube advertisements?) and the bitshares ecosystem. A win-win prosposition.  +5%

It is regretable that you find the bitshares' referral system not working/not helping your endeavour.  The bitshares referral system is specifically designed to reward people who promote bts to targetted market segments.  If it is not working as it should, the community and the committee have a duty to fix it and make it work again.  Please do spend some time to go through the referral program and see how it can support your business.  I like to see this turn into a successful partnership.

In other words, all it takes is to convince people of something that is currently unlikely: that being an LTM will be long-term profitable because of fee savings and referral fees. I'd agree that the referral system probably isn't compelling for most people right now, if they understand the fee structure.

Good feedback. Keep it coming!
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Chronos

* If you focus on OpenLedger, then Openledger should pay you.
If I use https://bitshares.org/wallet for walkthroughs, and demonstrate with Smartcoins like BitBTC rather than OPEN.BTC, then is any part of the work "focused" on OpenLedger?

* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next).
Well, that's tricky. For many people, that's like the difference between someone's browser, and the Internet. Here, one is the blockchain, and one is how you interact with it. I'll think about the best way to explain this.

Great idea, I would definitely support this.
Thank you!

Videos need to be evergreen and need to focus on the value proposition Bitshares provides.
By "evergreen" I think you mean that the videos need to focus on things that won't make them obsolete. I definitely agree with this, and I always keep it in mind when I'm making videos.

Good feedback. Keep it coming!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Though I have some critiques on it:

* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next). This is where we TOTALLY failed. People believe BitShares is owned bit OpenLedger.
* Then I would like to see more walk-throughs and don't think we need all the tech lectures just yet. Tell people how to do things, then tell people how it works later on. There is documentation (in text form) for this already, so I don't think we needs this just yet.

Go for it!

+5%

Videos need to be evergreen and need to focus on the value proposition Bitshares provides.

That would be supportable as a worker.

These videos also would/should integrate into the bitshares.org website as part of our content and be fashioned as such.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The referral program sounds good on paper, but after the fees were adjusted it has become pretty much worthless. The top two leading referrers have ~1,600 referred accounts between them and less than a few thousand bts vesting (referral income) each.
I disagree. All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM. Once people see the value in LTM the referral program will be worth it.

Offline svk

Great idea, I would definitely support this.

I agree with Xeroc though that it would be great to have a video making clear the distinction between Bitshares and Openledger. And if it's paid by worker it would be best if the videos used either the light wallet or bitshares.org/wallet.

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mint chocolate chip

OP: do you know the referral program which is built inside BitShares and how to use it? It can probably bring you more income if used in the videos.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
OP: do you know the referral program which is built inside BitShares and how to use it? It can probably bring you more income if used in the videos.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next). This is where we TOTALLY failed. People believe BitShares is owned bit OpenLedger.
* Then I would like to see more walk-throughs and don't think we need all the tech lectures just yet. Tell people how to do things, then tell people how it works later on. There is documentation (in text form) for this already, so I don't think we needs this just yet.

Go for it!

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Go for it!

Offline onceuponatime

I have proxied my vote to Xeroc. I support this effort. @xeroc, do you?