Author Topic: Refund worker lost support, and now we have a ton of workers  (Read 2436 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Re: Refund worker lost support, and now we have a ton of workers
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 05:15:57 pm »
It's sad to see some workers get paid but don't work.
Which workers are you referring to? If you're referring to the blockchain maintenance worker, I've already posted that we will not draw from the fund except when we do some work, and if the fund builds up too much, we'll just send it back to reserve fund. To date, we plan to draw $1K from the fund for fixes to memo encryption, but I haven't bothered to do that yet. We're also at work on a dividend feature currently, and we'll draw some for that as well.

In other news, I have hired a new web programmer who will start in 2 weeks, and I plan to assign him some tasks related to improvement of the web wallet. If there's no major objections, I would pay him part of his salary from the blockchain maintenance worker and I'll subsidize the rest.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 05:37:17 pm »
Which workers are you referring to? If you're referring to the blockchain maintenance worker, I've already posted that we will not draw from the fund except when we do some work, and if the fund builds up too much, we'll just send it back to reserve fund. To date, we plan to draw $1K from the fund for fixes to memo encryption, but I haven't bothered to do that yet. We're also at work on a dividend feature currently, and we'll draw some for that as well.

In other news, I have hired a new web programmer who will start in 2 weeks, and I plan to assign him some tasks related to improvement of the web wallet. If there's no major objections, I would pay him part of his salary from the blockchain maintenance worker and I'll subsidize the rest.
That sounds very reasonable. Thanks Dan. Do you plan to post all funds that you actually use /draw in you worker thread? I think that would be a good idea in this case (and in all cases of reasonable self governance becoming appropriate in such unexpected cases). 

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 05:41:31 pm »

That sounds very reasonable. Thanks Dan. Do you plan to post all funds that you actually use /draw in you worker thread? I think that would be a good idea in this case (and in all cases of reasonable self governance becoming appropriate in such unexpected cases).
yes, I will post when I make a draw and describe what the draw is for.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter