Author Topic: [Witness Proposal] chronos-youtube  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Chronos

does your node have more than 4gb of ram? That would be very helpful for the upcoming scalability tests!
It has 3.5GB of ram, so it's pretty close. I'd like to work up to running a mainnet witness, but I see that may be biting off more than I can chew, at the moment. Just let me know how I can help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am looking for more nodes in the testnet anyway .. does your node have more than 4gb of ram? That would be very helpful for the upcoming scalability tests!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Please consider running a witness in the test network first, to get a feeling for things. That allows you to make mistakes without harming the live network.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Chronos

First, let me introduce myself. I've been around Bitshares since late 2014, back when workers and witnesses were combined as "delegates", and we ran v0.9 as a desktop client. Then in the summer of 2015, I contracted directly for Cryptonomex for a couple months, doing UI work for the light wallet. I've always been fascinated by the tech behind Bitshares.

As a corollary to my work to produce Bitshares videos, I would like to run a witness node to get hands-on experience with the fundamentals of Bitshares tech. I have invested in a dedicated virtual machine running Ubuntu in a reputable cloud environment, and it is synced with the network and ready to go.

Please vote for the chronos-youtube witness node!