Author Topic: METAFEES owners discussion  (Read 10253 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@Shentist any update please?

the conversion is over. we will post in the next days the needed update. as posted before, check the posts from the last buybacks here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20150.60.html to get a feeling in which direction the buyback of all METAFEES will happen.

to answer some question from you before

the buyback will all be done in BTC or in METAEX.BTC to be exactly. We converted all ETH, BTS, NXT into BTC and are holding now only BTC. We could
generate a good average sell price, but more in detail will follow.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Good to know the conversion is done before BTC price goes up.
I think you can't buy up like last time, instead you may just set a bid order there.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
@Shentist any update please?

the conversion is over. we will post in the next days the needed update. as posted before, check the posts from the last buybacks here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20150.60.html to get a feeling in which direction the buyback of all METAFEES will happen.

to answer some question from you before

the buyback will all be done in BTC or in METAEX.BTC to be exactly. We converted all ETH, BTS, NXT into BTC and are holding now only BTC. We could
generate a good average sell price, but more in detail will follow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:17:58 pm by Shentist »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
just a headsup guys!

if you are wondering why not all pairs available on metaexchange.

Paul and i decided to close the service. we will now convert everything into BTC and then will start to buyback the outstanding METAFEES.

We expect to need a couple of days to finish the sells and then we will share more information what will happen in the future with the funds
of the liquidity pool. If you look into the last buyback reports you can expect a good return for your investment.

cheers
shentist
It's sad.. wish everything goes well.

Just don't forget the bots if you'll decide to buy from the market directly.

Another option is to send/share-drop your BTC to METAFEES holders directly, then `override_transfer` the shares to yourself and destroy them, or just leave them at the holders' accounts unchanged (to save some fees). But cons of this option: 1. you will be unable to override_transfer the shares which are in orders, 2.the ones who have bid orders (buying METAFEES from market) will probably buy in tokens with zero-value.

//Edit:
Will you stop the bridge service of METAEX.ETH, METAEX.BTC and other IOUs(if any) as well?

By the way, by converting ETH to BTC perhaps you'll get some profits, but converting BTS to BTC at current (low) rate means more or less a loss. Will you consider to buy back some METAFEES with BTS directly to pleasure the ones who want BTS but not BTC?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:55:41 pm by abit »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
How can someone fill up the fee pool for Metafees?
Why fill the pool? Just transfer yourself some BTS to be used as fees.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
How can someone fill up the fee pool for Metafees?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
just a headsup guys!

Paul and i decided to close the service. we will now convert everything into BTC and then will start to buyback the outstanding METAFEES.

We expect to need a couple of days to finish the sells and then we will share more information what will happen in the future with the funds
of the liquidity pool. If you look into the last buyback reports you can expect a good return for your investment.

cheers
shentist

I've never fully understood how the buybacks work.

What do I have to do to ensure I get my METAFEES bought back? Put up an order at a certain amount? Wait until buyback day and see how high the price spikes and try to time it right? What's the best strategy here for somebody whose clueless?

don't worry! we will publish more details in the future.
we are now in the process and convert all pool holdings into BTC. this will need a couple of days, we want a good exchange rate. after this we will just buy every METAFEES back with a fix rate.

to get a feeling where this rate will be take a look into the last buyback reports https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20150.60.html
last month the NAV of the pool was 38 METAFEES each BTC. We will publish the exact rates after we could convert everything into BTC.

Thanks so far for your support!

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

just a headsup guys!

cheers
shentist

I've never fully understood how the buybacks work.

What do I have to do to ensure I get my METAFEES bought back? Put up an order at a certain amount? Wait until buyback day and see how high the price spikes and try to time it right? What's the best strategy here for somebody whose clueless?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
just a headsup guys!

cheers
shentist

Offline svk

Is anyone else's asset value for METAFEES listed as n/a right now?
That just means there are no recent trades to be used to estimate the value of the asset.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline jakev

Is anyone else's asset value for METAFEES listed as n/a right now?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Could Metaexchange report the NAV value of METAFEES each month please.

You could use cyber.fund to show it in realtime. this is my fantasy portfolio tracker.
JonnyBitcoin[/member]]https://cyber.fund/@JonnyBitcoin

+5%

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Could Metaexchange report the NAV value of METAFEES each month please.

You could use cyber.fund to show it in realtime. this is my fantasy portfolio tracker.
JonnyBitcoin[/member]]https://cyber.fund/@JonnyBitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline monsterer

what day does the metafees sale finish?

December 25th

christmas day (uk/ us/ some other places)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads