Author Topic: How many developers do we actually have in the community?  (Read 6157 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am also still working on the python libs as you can see fron the commit history in the develop branch ..

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'm still 100% focused on growing the BitShares ecosystem.
Generally the people I work with want to make their own announcements.

Many of the 3rd party projects you hear about grew out of such efforts.
Some 90% have suffered the normal rates of startup infant mortality, so I don't talk about any of them in advance any more.  But many are getting along quite nicely.  Some have been around so long you may not even think of them as seedlings at this point.

Recently, I've been working mostly on a series of three CNX spinoffs.
Steem is already fully spun off and claims about 80% of Bytemaster's normal work week.
But I still have access to the other 20% of his normal hours for strategic application to the other two.
So it would not be correct to say that "Elvis has left the building" or even that we have a net loss of developers in the community.  We are actually doing a little selective recruiting.

Some of the most active business developers I've been working with include:  Fabian, Michael, Paul, Ronald, Annamieke, Jonathan, Ton, and Pam. And that doesn't include the long list of customers and entrepreneurs I interact with on a weekly basis.

These three spinoffs will all grow the ecosystem in ways that draw traffic and technology to BitShares.
You'll hear more about the other two, um, "this summer".   8)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:14:48 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Chronos

I'm a developer, but I'm working on a video project (if it gets approved). Chronos Worker Proposal

I'd be interested in a list of active devs. @svk's worker just ended, so he is wrapping up his UI work right now. @dannotestein always seems to have something brewing.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
With Bytemaster and (i'm assuming) others leaving an active role in Bitshares, who do we have left? Which projects are they working on?