Author Topic: IS BTS dead?  (Read 24344 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Some people here talk about delusion. This is not a real problem. The real problem is no real world use cases for bitshares. People invest in microsoft, because microsoft sells software to whole the world and makes gozillions $$. Apple sells a bunch of pretty shit which is dear for all faggots gays in the world. That is why their shares are valuable. And you still can lose money investing into them. What does bitshares sell? An exchange, which nobody wants to use. How do you expect your investment in BTS to appreciate in this case? Yes, I know, some idiots will reply: look I invested in ponzi pyramid shit ICO, which sells nothing but shitcoin, and doubled my investment in one week. Keep investing in ponzi pyramids, idiots, and you finally will lose more than you gained. Investing in ponzi pyramid is only profitable if there are enough more stupid idiots around you to invest after you.

By shit IPO you mean some IPO that has pumped the coin price seriously by vague promise of things and then dump it hard ?
 :o

don't back fired on yourself ....
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Some people here talk about delusion. This is not a real problem. The real problem is no real world use cases for bitshares. People invest in microsoft, because microsoft sells software to whole the world and makes gozillions $$. Apple sells a bunch of pretty shit which is dear for all faggots gays in the world. That is why their shares are valuable. And you still can lose money investing into them. What does bitshares sell? An exchange, which nobody wants to use. How do you expect your investment in BTS to appreciate in this case? Yes, I know, some idiots will reply: look I invested in ponzi pyramid shit ICO, which sells nothing but shitcoin, and doubled my investment in one week. Keep investing in ponzi pyramids, idiots, and you finally will lose more than you gained. Investing in ponzi pyramid is only profitable if there are enough more stupid idiots around you to invest after you.

What do you mean there are no real world uses?  Look at OPEN POS, Open Ledger and a host of other projects...This project is not dead.  I see every week a good number of people joining hangouts to promote their projects being built w/ or on top of bitshares tech.  AND we now have 2 more Bitshares 1.0/2.0 based tokens in the top 10.  Come on people...

Keeeep selling them while people who see what I see keep buying.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

yum.  bts price is silly to me.  The projects going in bts have not died (quite the opposite actually) and volume on the exchange is going up from what ive been hearing. :)
Dont see you championing Sharebits any longer

If you hear me at any of the hangouts I still tell you all every single time that it is not dead...and that I am working to get it straightened out.  You will know this soon enough though without me having to tell you. :)

Offline ag

• View Profile
0.003 cents is the time tested price floor. It's not a bad buy price now - as long as you catch the next market rally.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
 I respect opinion all of you guys that lived this long journey.....fucking downtrend....
But Im happy to have bought my stake  n of course I want to see bts flying

I have a question, what merger is going to happen on nov 5?
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

"Losers average Losers"- Paul Tudor Jones (basically means loser investors average down on their bad investments...which most people here are).  Go ahead, keep bringing down your "cost average" and getting excited over every pump to lower highs... millions of bankrupt investors have done the same thing.

Yeah basically this.  Once I stopped trying to buy bitshares I started doing much better in crypto.  Lisk has made back a bunch of my BTS losses.  Maybe it will make them all back.

And may be opposite, it will double your loss :)

I've already sold enough lisk to make the rest free + some btcs profit.  So there is no way it will double my loss. ;)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:59:26 pm by yvv »

Offline yvv

• View Profile

"Losers average Losers"- Paul Tudor Jones (basically means loser investors average down on their bad investments...which most people here are).  Go ahead, keep bringing down your "cost average" and getting excited over every pump to lower highs... millions of bankrupt investors have done the same thing.

Yeah basically this.  Once I stopped trying to buy bitshares I started doing much better in crypto.  Lisk has made back a bunch of my BTS losses.  Maybe it will make them all back.

And may be opposite, it will double your loss :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:53:07 pm by yvv »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm stuck between not wanting to be a Negative Nancy but wanting to express my opinions on the truth.

I really can't see BTS going anywhere.  Little to no development work being done on it.  An address scheme that prevents it from being readily integrated into other crypto-accepting sites.  (Sure someone may have written software somewhere to do it.. but why would anyone care when there is BTC.)  It doesn't seem private/anonymous.  The smartcoins are failing due to a mismatched investors on short vs long.  (This was the part that I never understood to work longterm... How would there be many bitUSD created when you have to find 2 parties to agree on every dollar created.)

I was hoping Chinese would come up with some developers given that I would assume the blockchain could pay them fairly.  I don't think the gaming blockchain project ever had luck finding developers, so will BitShares? BM killed all chances of other projects utilizing the social consensus. It is epicly sad. The worst part is the few who blindly believe in the project. I believed too at one point.  I believed a lot of what I was told only to realize they didn't really mean it. I defended BitShares to those I perceived as producing FUD.

It is still neat software but outside of smartcoins it has no niche that I can see. With development of innovating features no longer existing I have to wonder how it'll ever change. I'm impressed by Xeroc and SVK/roadscape and the work they're doing.  Xeroc seems to have picked up a lot of slack which should probably have been done by BM.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Can someone please tell me what it's like to live in Delusional Land?  Where all BTS news is bullish... and BTS is always by default the most "underrated and advanced crypto".

Is delusional land a place where picking shitty investments is actually a good thing?  Where losing your money faster than anyone else increases your societal standing?  Where bag holding is a national past time?

BTS is a shit investment and has been for the last 2 years.  It's been a shit investment and looking at it any other way is just insane.  No the prices aren't insanely low... if they were insanely low, they wouldn't be sitting at this level for months.  It's a cool platform and interesting product, but that doesn't mean it's a good investment, as proven to you by the constant selling of BTS insiders and founders.

Once again, it's a cool platform but that doesn't mean it's a good investment.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The merger continues to be a selling pressure drag till nov 5th.

BTS is a great blockchain. Primarily I hope we can fund SmartCoin liquidity, bring down the forced settlement level if it's shown to work on BitCNY and also ideally fund a SmartCoin yield promotion. Then BTS will be the place you can hold value in tightly ranged major commodities and currencies & earn yield on the blockchain. I think that will be the growth engine for the next few years.

People have also expressed a lot of interest in a bond market so I hope that is the next major feature BTS funds.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mint chocolate chip

yum.  bts price is silly to me.  The projects going in bts have not died (quite the opposite actually) and volume on the exchange is going up from what ive been hearing. :)
Dont see you championing Sharebits any longer

Offline fuzzy