Author Topic: IS BTS dead?  (Read 24467 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I predict that the current random drift in price will continue until it doesn't and whatever happens in the short term will mean nothing a year from now because between now and then one or more black and/or white swan events will render every other cause and effect being noodled here completely irrelevant.

Example:  Black Swan #7 - One of the major fiat currencies will collapse causing a flight to safety.  There will not be enough precious metals to go around so it will overflow into cryptocurrencies like a rising tide raises all boats.

Example:  White Swan #3 - A major whale suddenly picks BitShares as the best technology upon which to base its own planned offerings and does a major cash infusion to the ecosystem doubling the BTS price many times and causing troll heads to explode everywhere.

What the heck.  I predict both will happen before the end of the year.  Or at least sooner than later.

Without warning, via an Act of God, we'll suddenly have the fuel to continue and off we will go.

Of course, this is merely the most likely scenario.  You can still sweat the small stuff if you like.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I dont see too many people wanting to sell at those prices lets stay focus it will jump if you dont.sell
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

chryspano

Wrong...

What is happening with bitshares is not a "dump and pump".  The price has been at or near the all time low for months.... Any whale who wanted to accumulate a position has had ample time to do that without conspiring to manipulate the price.

I'm talking short term, just after the ANN of STEEM, here is what my "tin foil hat" is telling me...

We were all just told by the creator of bitshares that he doesn't see a reason for the bitshares token to have significant value...
To me this sounds like "The ship needs some steering" I haven't heard the beyond bitcoin episode today, maybe there is something more to it...

There is no conspiracy to supress bitshares price... That's just an excuse for being wrong on an investment and not taking responsibility.

There is definetly some FUD, how much of it is fueled by price manipulation I don't know, but as the saying goes.... Follow the money.

Just my thoughts.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I will leave this here....

Full article here... https://steemit.com/steem/@gavvet/understand-steem-the-crypto-currency-and-dont-get-burned

Wrong...

What is happening with bitshares is not a "dump and pump".  The price has been at or near the all time low for months.... Any whale who wanted to accumulate a position has had ample time to do that without conspiring to manipulate the price.

We were all just told by the creator of bitshares that he doesn't see a reason for the bitshares token to have significant value... unless of course he is attempting  the "dump and pump" of which wouldn't make any sense since he has been dumping at or near the lows for months.

There is no conspiracy to supress bitshares price... That's just an excuse for being wrong on an investment and not taking responsibility.

chryspano

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
From the mumble today according to Dan:

Bitshare's network won't die... but it's hard to find justification for the bitshares token to have a higher market cap, even if the network does continue to grow.

Congrats bitshares holders, please tell me how bullish this is!

I never knew we need justification to make BTS token a higher marketcap ...... I thought it only need post like "big thing .."  , "summer announcement" ..... "BTS will be the first blockchain that have sidechains (1.5 years ago)" ....

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
From the mumble today according to Dan:

Bitshare's network won't die... but it's hard to find justification for the bitshares token to have a higher market cap, even if the network does continue to grow.

Congrats bitshares holders, please tell me how bullish this is!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

"Losers average Losers"- Paul Tudor Jones (basically means loser investors average down on their bad investments...which most people here are).  Go ahead, keep bringing down your "cost average" and getting excited over every pump to lower highs... millions of bankrupt investors have done the same thing.

Yeah basically this.  Once I stopped trying to buy bitshares I started doing much better in crypto.  Lisk has made back a bunch of my BTS losses.  Maybe it will make them all back.

Lisk is a very different model from Bitshares.. I don't think it makes sense to compare the two.

Great you are making gains on your trades.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Merger    vote  dns   
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
We should focus in make dex happen......if there is something decentrilised that is need is it.....there are peoe out there waiting for it........ N everybody know with strong volume will come revenue....add nem fwature like lending n margin that is where is good fee in the market.......  Hire a strong market maker for some months lets see what we can generate from fees, analise if can breakeven at least with fee generated using a strong market maker n move foward n create more features that can geneate more revenue n agregate more value for bts

Offline gamey

• View Profile

One idea that comes to mind that has been mentioned before is the large online gaming space.  Video games that use a built in currency or credit system.  These could  be replaced and powered by BitShares where the "currency" can live outside the virtual world.  People play these MMO games 24/7 and buy/sell virtual items inside and outside of the game itself.  A game such as World of Warcraft or Everquest where there is virtual Gold, Silver, Copper, etc... why not have this run a blockchain issued by the game developer?  This takes the community to push these idea's to "real world" companies.  BitShares does offer quite a bit over other crypto that is simply a transfer of value.  Real time worldwide Dex, smartcoins, UIA, and the list goes on.  Each of these could span countless real world products.

Ok, lets discuss game tokens.  Sounds great.  But why would a game ever use tokens on BitShares blockchain when they have to maintain it via fees. It is not a small feat to integrate such a thing.  One could say, oh but it is transparent etc.  Will a gaming company want to point people to the BitShares client so they can look at their tokens?  All this stuff is needless complexity. It is far easier to just setup a DB and write values to that.  Far far easier!  BitShares would be useful if somehow people used it as a system across various games to exchange value. Then a blockchain solution starts to add value.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
So in July we may get a Bitcoin preview of what happens to BitShares in November.

...I thought July was BTS' month to shine?  :P

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
... I have a question, what merger is going to happen on nov 5?

The Merger That Kept BTS Alive happened on Nov 5, 2014.

GANDALF:   Let the Ringbearer decide

Frodo looks confused and turns to Sam

BOROMIR:   We cannot stay here! (Merry and Pippin look frozen and scared next to him) This will be the death of the hobbits!

GANDALF:   Frodo ?

FRODO:   (hesitating) We will go through the Merger...

GANDALF:   So be it

Vesting balances from merged AGS and PTS finish vesting on Nov 5, 2016.

At that point new supply coming onto the market will drop, perhaps like the July Halving of Bitcoin.
So in July we may get a Bitcoin preview of what happens to BitShares in November.

All other things being equal.

Meanwhile, the nattering nabobs of negativity will continue to relentlessly suppress demand by sharing their worst fears as if they were facts, while vesting continues to increase supply for five more long months.  Everywhere there is blood in the streets.   8)

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds...

-- William Butler Yeats, The Second Coming
thanks for explaining stan!

I read a lot of stan messages in the past a kind of folcloric n controversional but he is still here so this is good hehehehehe

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
... I have a question, what merger is going to happen on nov 5?

The Merger That Kept BTS Alive happened on Nov 5, 2014.

GANDALF:   Let the Ringbearer decide

Frodo looks confused and turns to Sam

BOROMIR:   We cannot stay here! (Merry and Pippin look frozen and scared next to him) This will be the death of the hobbits!

GANDALF:   Frodo ?

FRODO:   (hesitating) We will go through the Merger...

GANDALF:   So be it

Vesting balances from merged AGS and PTS finish vesting on Nov 5, 2016.

At that point new supply coming onto the market will drop, perhaps like the July Halving of Bitcoin.

All other things being equal.

Meanwhile, the nattering nabobs of negativity will continue to relentlessly suppress demand by sharing their worst fears as if they were facts, while vesting continues to increase supply for five more long months.  Everywhere there is blood in the streets.   8)

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds...

-- William Butler Yeats, The Second Coming

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Some people here talk about delusion. This is not a real problem. The real problem is no real world use cases for bitshares. People invest in microsoft, because microsoft sells software to whole the world and makes gozillions $$. Apple sells a bunch of pretty shit which is dear for all faggots gays in the world. That is why their shares are valuable. And you still can lose money investing into them. What does bitshares sell? An exchange, which nobody wants to use. How do you expect your investment in BTS to appreciate in this case? Yes, I know, some idiots will reply: look I invested in ponzi pyramid shit ICO, which sells nothing but shitcoin, and doubled my investment in one week. Keep investing in ponzi pyramids, idiots, and you finally will lose more than you gained. Investing in ponzi pyramid is only profitable if there are enough more stupid idiots around you to invest after you.

The whole crypto space has not even scratched the surface of real world usage.  Bitcoin is hard enough for the general public to understand, let alone something like BitShares.  People don't even understand the gold market:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-24/inside-look-worlds-biggest-paper-gold-market

Simplifying the GUI and general message could help BitShares short term.  The last few years we have seen just how rigged the "real" marketplace is.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-23/cme-admits-futures-trading-was-rigged-under-old-system

One idea that comes to mind that has been mentioned before is the large online gaming space.  Video games that use a built in currency or credit system.  These could  be replaced and powered by BitShares where the "currency" can live outside the virtual world.  People play these MMO games 24/7 and buy/sell virtual items inside and outside of the game itself.  A game such as World of Warcraft or Everquest where there is virtual Gold, Silver, Copper, etc... why not have this run a blockchain issued by the game developer?  This takes the community to push these idea's to "real world" companies.  BitShares does offer quite a bit over other crypto that is simply a transfer of value.  Real time worldwide Dex, smartcoins, UIA, and the list goes on.  Each of these could span countless real world products.