Author Topic: IS BTS dead?  (Read 24462 times)

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
i was ready to buy at 450, n it didnt touch  >:(
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline fuzzy

If BitShares stake-holders had a 60% stake in Reddit, how long would it take for BitShares to become successful?

Mini-reddit atm :)
with that said, I'm guessing here---but 2-3 years should do it.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If BitShares stake-holders had a 60% stake in Reddit, how long would it take for BitShares to become successful?

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
BTS is already a zombie.
a lot of people loves zombies, me too 8)

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
Ninja zombie

Offline joele

• View Profile
BTS is already a zombie.

Offline fuzzy

So I guess the question at this point is: is funding beyond bitcoin's future expansion worth making an account on steemit and upvoting content?  Or should I start charging people to join?  Sell adspace (which doesn't work so well when you have chosen to primarily help bitshares as opposed to the entire crypto ecosystem)?

It's your choice to make, fuzzy.
I'm just giving you feedback that you might lose some audience because for various reasons some of us prefer this forum to steemit.

Are we now in the Beyond Bitshares phase?

Welllll you see there are special benefits to volunteering with he fastest and most scalable DEX on a blockchain...
We are in a unique position to go "beyond bitshares" while actually being more focused on it than ever before. Wth amI talking about?

Well lets just say solarcoin is thinking about making their own "solardex" with most trade pairs having solarcoin as a primary token. And of course trade options with bitassets..because why? Because bitshares...So I guess the answer is yes, and no. :)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I will post this to steemit myself this time, but will ask you to consider going to the #beyondbitcoin tag on steemit.com to participate in these discussions and upvote those topics you feel most important.

@fuzzy , what about people who opt not to have anything to do with facebook (or reddit) and also do not feel comfortable to give away their phone number? (AFAIK this will be the future third option to verify your identity on steemit).

We are testing this at present and might have to move away from it, but the short answer is:  Steemit offers me for the first time the ability to start funding this operation and everything I have to do every week to make sure it happens...If people ask questions and participate on steemit, I don't have to worry about going out and trying to sell ad space and other things I personally dislike having to deal with when listening to podcasts. 

So I guess the question at this point is: is funding beyond bitcoin's future expansion worth making an account on steemit and upvoting content?  Or should I start charging people to join?  Sell adspace (which doesn't work so well when you have chosen to primarily help bitshares as opposed to the entire crypto ecosystem)?

With this said...I suppose I could let people send me their questions and post them myself---but then I will be the one earning from upvotes on those topics.  I guess it is up to you what you plan on doing, but I would love to hear your thoughts on my reasoning and any potential ways of making what i'm doing more efficient(less work = more accomplished) and paying to continue and hopefully expand beyond bitcoin further in the future.

I like Steem but the only issue I see with the relationship between Steem and Bitshares is that OpenLedger and other Bitshares front ends have not implemented and integrated Steem. We should have either an alternative to Steemit or have some version of Steemit specifically built for the decentralized exchanges who need trollbox and chat.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

I'm just giving you feedback that you might lose some audience because for various reasons some of us prefer this forum to steemit.

Are we now in the Beyond Bitshares phase?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Yeah? A name change sure helped Mastercoin right? Name changes don't help. Let Bitshares be Bitshares and let Graphene be Graphene. Use Graphene and no one cares what you name your exchange. Use Bitshares and inherit the name recognition. If Dan isn't involved then find someone who can change the code. If necessary block voting from all are exchange wallets so that only active voting is possible.

Or you can remove the democratic features entirely.

Offline -banano-

• View Profile
me too, and STEEM is about to give thousands of dollars to BTS developers!

Thank you reverseflash!

STEEM and BTS are both in top 20 cryptos, I hope that reverseflash makes 18 more!

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Im a bitshares fanatic, I love this forum n as a noob steemit has pretty good posts of dan, xeroc, arhag, a lot of discussion about bitshares, cutedge tech, I like it, no problem at all to support this

jakub

Offline fuzzy

I will post this to steemit myself this time, but will ask you to consider going to the #beyondbitcoin tag on steemit.com to participate in these discussions and upvote those topics you feel most important.

@fuzzy , what about people who opt not to have anything to do with facebook (or reddit) and also do not feel comfortable to give away their phone number? (AFAIK this will be the future third option to verify your identity on steemit).

We are testing this at present and might have to move away from it, but the short answer is:  Steemit offers me for the first time the ability to start funding this operation and everything I have to do every week to make sure it happens...If people ask questions and participate on steemit, I don't have to worry about going out and trying to sell ad space and other things I personally dislike having to deal with when listening to podcasts. 

With this said...I suppose I could let people send me their questions and post them myself---but then I will be the one earning from upvotes on those topics.  I guess it is up to you what you plan on doing, but I would love to hear your thoughts on my reasoning and any potential ways of making what i'm doing more efficient(less work = more accomplished) and paying to continue and hopefully expand beyond bitcoin further in the future.

jakub