Author Topic: Physical Crypto  (Read 1534 times)

Offline fuzzy

Are their any projects with the ability to print physical crypto for a medium of exchange?  I can see multiple benefits here.

Simple scenario.  I do not want to have an app holding crpyto on my phone to transfer when required to a 3rd party.  I am going out to a bar to have a drink and wouldn't mind taking $100 bitusd with me.  Could the physical crypto note allow the establishment to cash it while also automatically returning the change to my original address?

This would be an easier way to on board more non technical people.

as far as I know printing money is a serious crime and is punished severely in many countries.

What about 3d printing of cold storage coins? :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Are their any projects with the ability to print physical crypto for a medium of exchange?  I can see multiple benefits here.

Simple scenario.  I do not want to have an app holding crpyto on my phone to transfer when required to a 3rd party.  I am going out to a bar to have a drink and wouldn't mind taking $100 bitusd with me.  Could the physical crypto note allow the establishment to cash it while also automatically returning the change to my original address?

as far as I know printing money is a serious crime and is punished severely in many countries.

Offline Chronos

It's not a simple problem. You might be interested in the OpenDime project.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile