Author Topic: [ANN] BlockPay -Your favorite store can now accept any crypto thanx to Bitshares  (Read 101143 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
One suggestion for mobile wallet: notification service. Let user select types of notifications he wants to receive about his account, such as trade happened, funds received etc...

Offline Louis

Today we added "Employee Tracking" to BlockPOS so that Employees can just use their Bitshares account name to login to the POS with, be able to process sales, returns, refunds and exchanges (and the merchant can see which employee screwed the customer over). I have also made it so that Employees of the company can login with just their PIN or now a Draw Pattern (but Employees must now at least have a Bitshares account name registered on the blockchain).

These features are also being added to the new Smartcoins Wallet and POS systems, starting on Monday morning:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@kenCode/smartcoins-wallet-v1-2-

Ken, you and your team are very encouraging and bring great value to this endeavor. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Today we added "Employee Tracking" to BlockPOS so that Employees can just use their Bitshares account name to login to the POS with, be able to process sales, returns, refunds and exchanges (and the merchant can see which employee screwed the customer over). I have also made it so that Employees of the company can login with just their PIN or now a Draw Pattern (but Employees must now at least have a Bitshares account name registered on the blockchain).

These features are also being added to the new Smartcoins Wallet and POS systems, starting on Monday morning:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@kenCode/smartcoins-wallet-v1-2-
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Looking forward to trying this at my establishment. 

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I've been looking into OPENPOS, sounds like an interesting UIA, the only concern I have is that the option "override_authority: ISSUER MAY TRANSFER ASSET BACK TO HIMSELF" flag is enabled - does this not mean you can recall all OPENPOS from holders in the future?  :-\

That is a general risk with UIA. Such a move would need a solid reason by the issuer himself. However, all historic balances can be recovered via the blockchain and a UIA pull should not affect any future payouts.

Please send me a pm if you would like to buy more OPENPOS. We only have a couple left.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I've been looking into OPENPOS, sounds like an interesting UIA, the only concern I have is that the option "override_authority: ISSUER MAY TRANSFER ASSET BACK TO HIMSELF" flag is enabled - does this not mean you can recall all OPENPOS from holders in the future?  :-\

CCEDK/Openledger is the creator of the OPENPOS token and I have full faith in him that he would not do such a thing. He also has a good reputation here in the Bitshares community. Just let @Chris4210 know if you're interested and thank you!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
at the DAHO.am Developer Conference today.. :)
https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@kenCode/bitshares-munich-now-at-daho-am-developer-conference

ps: sorry about the broken steemit link..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank you for the summation Ken.  Some sort of prospectus that we could hand out and point investors to would be very helpful.  This would take a lot of the initial unkowns out of the equation.

I'm a large holder in OPENPOS and from what I can tell we will be getting 50% of all fee's from the POS terminals.  I'm assuming Echo will be keeping the other 50%.  Getting a stake in the company is definitely an added incentive to accumulate OPENPOS.  Referring to OPENPOS as "donations" though is going to be a turn off for many people.  I know there is probably some legal reason for this, but it puts doubt in the back of an investors mind that Echo has an easy out to stop all buybacks of OPENPOS and keep 100% for themselves.  I'm not saying you guys would do that, but bitshares holders have been bitten by this several times before.

All in all the project seems to be going good, and some enhanced clarity of and some more promotion should see the OPENPOS token grow

Yeah, we have to be careful with the terms that we use as we cannot give legal or financial advice. If an Odoo system charges 0.9% per transaction then OPENPOS holders get 0.6% of that which is actually higher than the 50% you mentioned.

As I/we know more and can get the legal stuff done, Chris will be posting that financial data here. We can't afford it just yet, but over the next couple months when the vc deposit is made then we will have the money to get that new stuff written up and published here asap.

Without the OPENPOS token, we never would have made it this far, so thank you to all who have it! Thank you to all who are helping us to launch into this next phase, it's time to Market these products now and develop many more.

As usual, I will keep posting updates here to the forum, youtube videos, and now to steemit.com as well..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Chris, me, Rodrigo, JP and Martin at yesterday's investor conference here in Munich..
edit: (Leopold was holding the camera)

Awesome! What was the investor conference about exactly? What was the audience? Did you guys make a pitch for Bitshares?

We are now going to secure some more funds for marketing Bitshares, BlockPOS, Stealth, Graphene-IPFS, ECHO and a slew of other projects we are doing. I think 8 different VC firms showed up yesterday from around the world.

The BitShares Munich team is growing fast, lots of amazing talent with us now. They will take a stake in our private projects just like OPENPOS holders get, but it is worth it to me since we are now ready to unleash a few of our products to the public. We need to push the marketing HARD now and dominate the crypto space. Everyone will know about Graphene soon.

If you haven't started a Meetup group in your local town yet, NOW is the time!!!
https://secure.meetup.com/create/

Sounds like things are going well and moving fast Ken.

Couple questions I have, who are "they" that will be taking a stake in your private projects?  Are the VC's or new team members?  How will they be taking a stake, by investing in OPENPOS?  Are these private projects still part of the OPENPOS investment?

Thanx @lil_jay890
Originally, we were just going to build a wallet and integrate with Odoo, but I managed to build 4 products instead of 2. :)

I think with all of the products that we are launching, systems that we are integrating with, things that we are bolting on to Bitshares and so on that we need to raise substantial capital and actually go public. It only makes sense to give OPENPOS holders a bigger stake than we had originally planned because without you guys we never would have been able to create these first four products (BitShares Wallet, Smartcoins POS for Odoo, standalone POS (runs on any android device), and now the Smartcoins Wallet (native android). I don't want to just market to individual stores or chains, I want to market Bitshares and our products to the world now. We're ready. Bitshares is ready.

So, the VC's we have been talking to (at least 60% of them so far, various meetings over the last month) are absolutely stoked about what we have built, are currently building and our vision for future products and BlockPOS integrations. They would not have come all the way here to Munich to see us unless they saw value.

Right now, it's just Chris (CEO), Rodrigo (CMO) and I. We must keep our overhead as low as possible. We need to raise about $25K to last us for the next 3 months until the paperwork goes thru and we get the first deposit, so if you guys can donate more to the OPENPOS token that would be MUCH appreciated (as you can see, our bitshares-munich account is just about empty now). We still have to order a couple more tablets and counter mounts (these things are $300 each), plus have a couple professional videos produced, design and print localized marketing materials and ads, legal work, get ready for two huge upcoming trade fairs (need booth equipment, handouts, ads, promotional items, etc) and pay my Devs for a few more features that I want added to the BlockPOS systems and the new Smartcoins Wallet before I give them to the public. The VC's have also told us that their marketing departments will push this hard too. They know the decision-makers at Billion dollar retail, vending, gas and grocery chains so this launch is massive, we just need to survive the next couple months until we get the first deposit from them.

The VC's want a chunk of ECHO Industries UG (our German company). One of the VC's might even be able to get us traded on the London Stock Exchange.

I think OPENPOS holders are ultimately going to get a stake in our company too, but we need to get legal on that (as we can afford it) so that the tokens can be tied to the regular company shares in some way. I am not the finance guy, @Chris4210 handles all of that, but leave him alone for now please, he is swamped with spreadsheets and meetings and until we know more, this is about all I can share right now as I don't know how it will be handed out yet either.

So, if that doesn't get you fired up about the OPENPOS token I don't know what will. PLEASE contact @Chris4210 if you'd like OPENPOS as well, this is your last chance.

Thank you for the summation Ken.  Some sort of prospectus that we could hand out and point investors to would be very helpful.  This would take a lot of the initial unkowns out of the equation.

I'm a large holder in OPENPOS and from what I can tell we will be getting 50% of all fee's from the POS terminals.  I'm assuming Echo will be keeping the other 50%.  Getting a stake in the company is definitely an added incentive to accumulate OPENPOS.  Referring to OPENPOS as "donations" though is going to be a turn off for many people.  I know there is probably some legal reason for this, but it puts doubt in the back of an investors mind that Echo has an easy out to stop all buybacks of OPENPOS and keep 100% for themselves.  I'm not saying you guys would do that, but bitshares holders have been bitten by this several times before.

All in all the project seems to be going good, and some enhanced clarity of and some more promotion should see the OPENPOS token grow

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
fyi, I have posted a few articles on steemit in hopes of raising awareness and some steem dollars to help us through the next few months, please take a look and Upvote if ya can :)

https://steemit.com/@kenCode

edit: sorry about the broken steemit link
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:09:58 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Chris, me, Rodrigo, JP and Martin at yesterday's investor conference here in Munich..

Awesome! What was the investor conference about exactly? What was the audience? Did you guys make a pitch for Bitshares?

We are now going to secure some more funds for marketing Bitshares, BlockPOS, Stealth, Graphene-IPFS, ECHO and a slew of other projects we are doing. I think 8 different VC firms showed up yesterday from around the world.

The BitShares Munich team is growing fast, lots of amazing talent with us now. They will take a stake in our private projects just like OPENPOS holders get, but it is worth it to me since we are now ready to unleash a few of our products to the public. We need to push the marketing HARD now and dominate the crypto space. Everyone will know about Graphene soon.

If you haven't started a Meetup group in your local town yet, NOW is the time!!!

Couple questions I have, who are "they" that will be taking a stake in your private projects?  Are the VC's or new team members?  How will they be taking a stake, by investing in OPENPOS?  Are these private projects still part of the OPENPOS investment?

Thanx @lil_jay890
Originally, we were just going to build a wallet and integrate with Odoo, but I managed to build 4 products instead of 2. :)

I think with all of the products that we are launching, systems that we are integrating with, things that we are bolting on to Bitshares and so on that we need to raise substantial capital and actually go public. It only makes sense to give OPENPOS holders a bigger stake than we had originally planned because without you guys we never would have been able to create these first four products (BitShares Wallet, Smartcoins POS for Odoo, standalone POS (runs on any android device), and now the Smartcoins Wallet (native android). I don't want to just market to individual stores or chains, I want to market Bitshares and our products to the world now. We're ready. Bitshares is ready.

So, the VC's we have been talking to (at least 60% of them so far, various meetings over the last month) are absolutely stoked about what we have built, are currently building and our vision for future products and BlockPOS integrations. They would not have come all the way here to Munich to see us unless they saw value.

Right now, it's just Chris (CEO), Rodrigo (CMO) and I. We must keep our overhead as low as possible. We need to raise about $25K to last us for the next 3 months until the paperwork goes thru and we get the first deposit, so if you guys can donate more to the OPENPOS token that would be MUCH appreciated (as you can see, our bitshares-munich account is just about empty now). We still have to order a couple more tablets and counter mounts (these things are $300 each), plus have a couple professional videos produced, design and print localized marketing materials and ads, legal work, get ready for two huge upcoming trade fairs (need booth equipment, handouts, ads, promotional items, etc) and pay my Devs for a few more features that I want added to the BlockPOS systems and the new Smartcoins Wallet before I give them to the public. The VC's have also told us that their marketing departments will push this hard too. They know the decision-makers at Billion dollar retail, vending, gas and grocery chains so this launch is massive, we just need to survive the next couple months until we get the first deposit from them.

The VC's want a chunk of ECHO Industries UG (our German company). One of the VC's might even be able to get us traded on the London Stock Exchange.

I think OPENPOS holders are ultimately going to get a stake in our company too, but we need to get legal on that (as we can afford it) so that the tokens can be tied to the regular company shares in some way. I am not the finance guy, @Chris4210 handles all of that, but leave him alone for now please, he is swamped with spreadsheets and meetings and until we know more, this is about all I can share right now as I don't know how it will be handed out yet either.

So, if that doesn't get you fired up about the OPENPOS token I don't know what will. PLEASE contact @Chris4210 if you'd like OPENPOS as well, this is your last chance.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053