Author Topic: [ANN] BlockPay -Your favorite store can now accept any crypto thanx to Bitshares  (Read 99749 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Left to right..
Chris, me, Rodrigo, JP and Martin at yesterday's investor conference here in Munich..

edit: (Leopold was holding the camera)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:11:33 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
yo great news!

getgemz is dissolved i think

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1470864.0;all

why dont we buy their IOS app and then release it with a slight "rebrand"

I don't know how they got Apple to approve their app, its just too bad it sucks compared to Ken's

What is their IOS intellectual property worth to us ?

You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Fantastic stuff.
So if there are no fees, how do you make an income off the service?

Thank you MrJeans :)
The small network fee is charged to the user, not the merchant:
https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@kenCode/smartcoins-pos-the-free-way-for-companies-to-accept-crypto-currencies
[/quote]
Makes sense.
This would be really great in Zimbabwe, where the local currency has defaulted and people use up to 13 other currencies. 4 official currencies. If people could pay in whichever currency they want and the merchant accept in the currency they want...

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
There is a way you can support this and share in the profits generated...

Buy the OPENPOS token on the dex

Bingo, this will help us fund further development and marketing by @Chris4210 and @Rodrigo10
Just PM Chris if you can place a larger order and he can cut you a deal I'm sure.

OPENPOS holders get to share in the rewards from the transactions at the POS systems, so in my opinion if you're not looking at it you will be missing out on the opp of a lifetime, seriously, this is huge guys. The meetings that we have had with major players over the last couple weeks is going to kick our development into overdrive and you will be able to finally see what I am really capable of.

I think the reason the price of OPENPOS is low is because there haven't been any buybacks yet since the software is just finishing up.  Once the first couple buy backs start, that should inspire more confidence from investors.  If what Ken is saying goes through, I'm guessing many of us will be very happy with our investment.

DonĀ“t worry, we are hustling hard here. We just bought the first full demo equipment (POS station, tablet plus software) to demonstrate our product to merchants. We will produce some short video tutorials as soon as the hardware arrives and show how to use the system. A bigger ANN will follow shortly after.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Bingo, this will help us fund further development and marketing by @Chris4210 and @Rodrigo10
Just PM Chris if you can place a larger order and he can cut you a deal I'm sure.

OPENPOS holders get to share in the rewards from the transactions at the POS systems, so in my opinion if you're not looking at it you will be missing out on the opp of a lifetime, seriously, this is huge guys. The meetings that we have had with major players over the last couple weeks is going to kick our development into overdrive and you will be able to finally see what I am really capable of.

I think the reason the price of OPENPOS is low is because there hasn't been any buybacks yet since the software is just finishing up.  Once the first couple buy backs start, that should inspire more confidence from investors.  If what Ken is saying goes through, I'm guessing many of us will be very happy with our investment.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

jakub

It's worth a shot to put together a clear cut worker proposal with achievable goals.  We might be able to get everyone on board with this as you have shown an actual product with REAL WORLD potential.  This is huge.
@kenCode , if you've managed to create a native Android library that handles private keys in a secure manner - IMO this alone is worth a worker proposal.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
It's worth a shot to put together a clear cut worker proposal with achievable goals.  We might be able to get everyone on board with this as you have shown an actual product with REAL WORLD potential.  This is huge.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
you guys need a map too. you know, where stores can show that they accept currency

we did the signs in 44 languages too:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21754.0.html
plus, BlockPOS is having it's own little logo designed right now, something small like the Cirrus, Star and other networks that you see on the back of your debit cards. I want BlockPOS to be thought of as a network in the same way. if the merchant or vending machine etc accepts crypto, you will see the BlockPOS logo.

For something like this, I would have expected a bigger more prominent well planned out launch across media outlets etc.
If it was me, I'd delete this thread, and re-announce with a "major" cross-media announce when the scan feature is ready and after the system has gone through a quiet, private, beta test with some actual retailers who would like to be part of the news release.

Our funds are very limited at the moment, but if we secure an investor then "bigger" is exactly what we will do. I will integrate with at least 10 different POS systems and have mass market media hit around the world all at the same time. Make BlockPOS something that all merchants have heard of and know they need.

Fantastic stuff.

Thank you MrJeans :)
The small network fee is charged to the user, not the merchant:
https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@kenCode/smartcoins-pos-the-free-way-for-companies-to-accept-crypto-currencies

Amazing! Any other direction? No just moooooooooooooooonnnnn bts please give me a.mooooooooon time 8)

Thank you bitsharesbrazil :)
Yes, Chris and Ridrigo are out there marketing us (personal, and phone meetings) so that we can ramp this up asap. With a little money I can start integrations of 5 to 10 at a time since the libraries are all coded now. As always I will keep you guys informed of our progress, we need your help too, word of mouth is everything.

Awesome job @kenCode

Thank you cylonmaker2053 :)

+5% It's really amazing how efficient you are.

Thank you jakub :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Fantastic stuff.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Amazing! Any other direction? No just moooooooooooooooonnnnn bts please give me a.mooooooooon time 8)
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

jakub

It is native android so it runs extremely fast.
Is it native Android connected to the hosted wallet infrastructure of the OpenLedger server?
If so, does it mean you've ported the whole client-side JavaScript code-base to native Android?

Ported, no. This has been written from scratch. You guys can see the code in a few weeks when I upload everything to github for forking etc :)
+5%
It's really amazing how efficient you are.