Author Topic: [ANN] BlockPay -Your favorite store can now accept any crypto thanx to Bitshares  (Read 99728 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I would *highly* recommend you play nice with **ALL** of your shareholders
because you will need their votes for a hard fork
... I can not approve a hard fork.
Seems I didn't make myself clear. Let me rephrase:
You should place nice with **ALL** shareholders - that statement was meant as an advice not to go against individual shareholders (like @Thom) by any means, because (presumably) he is a shareholder of BTS and has a vote.
because you will need their votes for a hard fork - this comment shouldn't need any explanation, it's a fact due to the governance model of BitShares.
... I can not approve a hard fork. - I can only ask for **not** partly citing me in the future - it reflects poorly on you. The full quote goes like this:

For me, I am fine with having SPECs and being able to verify that the code does what the SPECs say. So as long as those two are not provided, I can not approve a hard fork.

.. and I will stick to it and repeat it as often as needed.

@xeroc -threatening us with your Proxy-power because I do not "play nice" is not productive at all. We *greatly appreciate* the python that you write. You are not a Core Dev though. Fyi, the 20 other hardforks in the queue will need to be properly audited:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Ahardfork
Sorry if that came across as a threat that wasn't the intension. My intension are to  merely to ensure that my followers get the best experience
and the most solid and secure platform that is available to them. That said, it is in our both's best interest to prepare proper documentation
of your hard forking proposal in time. This should also be important for your as a developer given that you appreciate valuable feedback.

You are not qualified to do deep-dive security audits.
Even though I doubt that you know much about my 'qualifications', I agree with you but also emphasise that I didn't claim to be ..
BTW, I am not the one that is writing a hard-forking proposal for BitShares but will do the best I can to guarantee that BitShares stays as safe as it is today - even if it means I need to hire someone that can do the review for me.

Advising people that their money is safe with the existing "confidential transactions" code, and, giving people security advice is probably not in your best interests.
Shall I rather advice them to use Stealth2 that isn't even specified publicly?

Speaking of security, since you did not finish the Trezor integration, I would be more than happy to acquire that project from you as well. As usual, a security audit will be done on it, so please advise to the locations of the work that you did so that we can get it completed.

The code I wrote is open source and can be found in my github repository. You are free to do with it as you feel fit.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Massive work done this week:
https://github.com/kenCode-de?tab=repositories

I would *highly* recommend you play nice with **ALL** of your shareholders
... I can not approve a hard fork.
@xeroc -threatening us with your Proxy-power because I do not "play nice" is not productive at all. We *greatly appreciate* the python that you write. You are not a Core Dev though. Fyi, the 20 other hardforks in the queue will need to be properly audited:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Ahardfork

You are not qualified to do deep-dive security audits.
Advising people that their money is safe with the existing "confidential transactions" code, and, giving people security advice is probably not in your best interests.

Speaking of security, since you did not finish the Trezor integration, I would be more than happy to acquire that project from you as well. As usual, a security audit will be done on it, so please advise to the locations of the work that you did so that we can get it completed.

I don't believe you have explained that yet, and if I'm wrong and have overlooked that higher level plan you have in mind then just point that out.
@Thom -I will tell you when you can start your Stealth marketing campaign once the public has had a few months to fully test and security audit it with us (not just Stealth, but the encrypted C-IPFS backups as well). I do thank you for your efforts, and would love it if you organized the marketing campaign for Bitshares' Stealth.

In the world of software, never give out dates (right Stan? ;)). I learned that lesson 30 years ago. Obviously though Thom, I took your comments very personal, so I sincerely apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I am building things that have never been built before, so it's a bit tough to even hand out any timelines. I am well aware of what needs to be done, nobody has ever had to ask me for updates, and I do my best to detail our roadmap and progress right here on this lovely forum every week, so nothing more.

BlockPay related:

"Direct DEx" is 99% done and has been merged into our new graphenej repo here:
https://github.com/kenCode-de/graphenej

This week we are:
- Upgrading the Bridge code
- Transactions interoperability with graphenej
- Redesigning the eReceipts a bit so that all devices can display them properly
- Starting the initial wireframe drawings for the new UI/UX and 1-Step Setup

Alfredo Garcia monster updates this week:

1) "Boost libraries could not be found"
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/251
Working on this issue led to bitshares-core compilation in windows.
3 possible methods: - visual studio. - cygwin. -mingw.
Goal is to make it work locally and then update or create new documentation page for building it in windows:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/wiki/BUILD_WIN32

2) Working on a new updated version of market_history plugin. Working in a new version based on the Steem plugin.
Will be ready for testing over the coming days.

3) Resolving Issue 231:
Websocket “spamming too much data” issue
Working on last proposal from Vikram to use a separate file for some changes to don’t break design.
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/pull/245#issuecomment-286267666
No spam sub function https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/pull/234 closed
No spam sub function https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/pull/249 merged
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/540 closed; moved to issue 231..
Resolving it tonight (Fri the 31st) most likely: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/231

4) Fixed the get_ticker segfault

5) Assist the Stealth Team with the new api, providing documentation and guidance with hooks in the UI.

6) Working on this week:

Verify that public websocket API does not expose sensitive API calls
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/33

Tackling more Bitshares Core Issues:
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acreated-asc

Bitshares StressTest
Looking into why nobody could break through the ~3300tps barrier.

-------
Bitshares PenTest
As you guys know, I take security very seriously (#tinfoilken). I would like to hack on our Witness and full-node operators next. To do so, I will hire an outside Firm which specializes in security auditing and penetration testing. This will require funds from the pool. I am researching the options now, finalizing the formal Proposal, and will post their Bid here as soon as possible.
-------

Smartcoins Wallet:

I might release one more 1.x version of the Smartcoins Wallet on google play, but work has already begun on 2.0.
"Carbon" (Smartcoins Wallet 2.0) features:
  • Carbon natively supports 6 blockchains (Bitshares, Bitcoin, Dash, Dogecoin, Litecoin and Steem).
  • Carbon supports HD Contacts (rotating addresses) and Contacts Groups (for paying multiple people at once).
  • Carbon allows you to pay at any BlockPay merchant with just 2 taps (scan and approve the payment).
  • Carbon supports both NFC tap and pay, as well as v10 QR Codes.
  • Carbon supports eReceipts from BlockPay merchants.
  • Carbon supports Loyalty Points from BlockPay merchants.
  • Carbon supports Recurring and Scheduled Payments to one, or groups of Contacts.
  • Carbon supports "PIN, Pattern, or Pocket" Security (draw patterns and yubikey neo (NFC/U2F)).
  • Carbon supports Overdraft Protection (ie: allows you to "cash out" a backup asset to cover your grocery bill).
  • Carbon supports automated encrypted backups to C-IPFS.
  • Carbon uses C-IPFS as its App Store (no more Apple or Google "approval" needed).
  • Carbon cannot be censored or blocked.
  • Carbon is a true Dapp, completely decentralized App architecture with C-IPFS.
  • Carbon supports coin shifting (bridges one coin into another).
  • Carbon supports Key Dump (allows you to change out your private keys if your wallet is stolen).
  • Carbon supports 44 languages.
  • Carbon uses the Bitshares blockchain for fully-confirmed transactions in 3 seconds or less.
  • Carbon allows you to easily share your coin addresses and Contact info via QR Code, SMS, Telegram, etc.
  • Carbon supports Transaction searching, filtering and exporting to PDF and CSV formats (for your Accounting).
  • Carbon is 100% free and will be open sourced on Github.
  • Carbon can be white-labeled with your own logo, color themes, etc...
Some initial mockups we're working on:

The animation work began yesterday and will probably take a couple of weeks. Once that is complete, I will post a video of it here. Then, coding the new UI/UX will take a few weeks as well. While the Carbon UI/UX is being coded, the new UI/UX for BlockPay will begin. It will follow my agenda for a 1-Step Setup (not sure if we can achieve that with so many features in the software, but I'm sure gonna try).

Here are the high-resolution image mockups if you guys want to start marketing Carbon over the coming days and weeks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-LdNgnj_1qyUTNPNGI2b2lQcDQ

If anyone is wondering WHEN Carbon will be released, then just give them a link to this forum thread. As usual, I will post as much as I can, when I can.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I'd like to write some articles on steemit about all of this and how financial privacy matters, but I don't want people to come and check Bitshares out only to realize that confidentiality is still a year away.

Hey, nice to see you here.
Is there any chance that we can read summary of your survey? YES/NO
Still have that in mind. I realize that participation was probably to low but some of us answered bunch of questions.

I can probably dig up the results if people find it relevant enough.

Participation was <100.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
I'd like to write some articles on steemit about all of this and how financial privacy matters, but I don't want people to come and check Bitshares out only to realize that confidentiality is still a year away.

Hey, nice to see you here.
Is there any chance that we can read summary of your survey? YES/NO
Still have that in mind. I realize that participation was probably to low but some of us answered bunch of questions.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Are there any screenshots of alpha or beta versions of the new grandma-friendly UI that includes support for the new stealth?

And realistically speaking, considering the likely extended period of testing this (much needed) feature will require, when are we expecting to have it rolling?

Offline ag2

• View Profile
I'm being patient, but I'm also really looking foward to stealth. I will download bitshares daemon and use the API if that can be delivered now.

Also does stealth++ require a fork? that's an important question we should know about
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:04:49 pm by ag2 »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'm not sure if anyone should demand answers here.

you can either implement stealth as is with a GUI, or wait for ken/onceuponatime (the owners and sole investors by the way) to dock on with their product.

Waiting is not going to work in this case, because this "better" stealth requires a hard fork which proxies will not approve before their questions are answered.

pretty sure they will answer questions in a few months after the tests.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

you can either implement stealth as is with a GUI, or wait for ken/onceuponatime (the owners and sole investors by the way) to dock on with their product.

Waiting is not going to work in this case, because this "better" stealth requires a hard fork which proxies will not approve before their questions are answered.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Thom

Rattling my cage will not make me work more than 18 hours per day, 6 to 7 days per week.

I'm confused...why the hostility? I haven't seen anyone rattling your cage at all, just some basic questions about stealth and suggestions for marketing ideas. Healthy discussion benefits everyone...right?

???

Exactly. Brings to mind a couple of truisms:

1) Good ideas don't need force to spread
2) People who become defensive when none is needed are fighting imaginary phantoms.

I don't know how many times I need to say this before you actually believe it, but you ARE doing a great job @kenCode . All I would like you to hear is please give us a way to put all of the info you provide in your detailed reports into a rough schedule, something other projects call a roadmap. Ever heard of that concept?

No dammit we don't need you getting all defensive and upset. I hate that appears to be occurring but I am not in control of your emotions. I agree, you need to continue working towards your plan, your grand plan to achieve stealth. You probably have the most working knowledge of how to do it. I have seen NOTHING here on the forum that opposes your leadership and ability to manage the technicals, so I am totally puzzled where all this resistance is coming from.

I'm not "posturing", only trying to help all of your hard work @kenCode to be successful. I may not be a great leader or a professional marketer. All I'm doing is trying to stimulate a discussion which you are apparently opposed to. What confuses me is why? Why does this threaten you ken?

Why are you so opposed to providing us a view at a higher level, one that helps us see the bigger picture of the sequence of completion required to arrive at the stealth tech YOU are building, that YOU designed? I can only assume you have sat down and planned the course you're now on, and are not "flying by the seat of your pants" reacting to the technical issues as you figure out a design. Projects that are managed that way are chaotic and rarely on schedule and on budget and I don't believe that is your style. 

You obviously spend a not so insignificant amount of time to keep the community informed of all the detailed technical issues you & your team work on each week, so please just consider changing it up enough to show us how and when all those details fit together to achieve the stealth features you have in mind.  Don't make such a big deal of that request, it should not be that much of an effort to explain it. I don't believe you have explained that yet, and if I'm wrong and have overlooked that higher level plan you have in mind then just point that out. As you can see from this thread I'm not the only one that has questions about it. Forget about dates, just describe the sequence of elements that need to be built or are already complete.

You would be better served to save your words for describing your project plan than to use them accusing others of what they are doing. Using the strawman or red herring logical fallacies to avoid dealing with the substance of an argument. We all contribute in various ways. It's totally unfair to compare your contribution to mine and say mine is shit or I'm not doing enough. That is divisive and doesn't help.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Rattling my cage will not make me work more than 18 hours per day, 6 to 7 days per week.

I'm confused...why the hostility? I haven't seen anyone rattling your cage at all, just some basic questions about stealth and suggestions for marketing ideas. Healthy discussion benefits everyone...right?

???

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
i had the impression the tech was fully inpmemented and even a GUI available 12 montgs ago
The existing "blinded" code (or "confidential", whatever you want to call that crap) does not give you Stealth level privacy at all, nor is there a UI that was built for it that was even remotely usable. Don't mislead people into thinking they will be private.

Current STEALTH can do this:
    "unknown" sent "unknown" amount of ASSET to "unknown"

The only difference to your plans are that the 'asset' is public, nothing else. And that tech
* is implemented in the backend already
* has a working wallet implementation (JS + React)
* does not need a hard fork
* only needs a 'nicer' GUI for grandma

Now, regarding the STEALTH tokens, I don't see anyone selling those yet, and are not even required if you want to use Stealth transactions.
There are around 3 people on the planet that own STEALTH and you are one of them, onceuponatime is another, I guess Dan has some aswell ..

PS.
Assuming you are building a more advanced STEALTH (and I haven't seen the SPECs yet), then I would *highly* recommend you play nice with **ALL** of your shareholders
For me, I am fine with having SPECs and being able to verify that the code does what the SPECs say. So as long as those two are not provided, I can not approve a hard fork.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:38:59 pm by xeroc »

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
"unknown" sent "n" "unknown" to "unknown"
Total privacy, that is what was discussed from the beginning, and that is the code that has been worked on since that time. Like so many other things, nobody else picked up the ball, so I did.

Stealth == The accounts, the amounts, the asset that was sent, the metadata.. total anonymity. Backed up automatically for you in C-IPFS, with a new UI that even my Grandma will understand.

I hear ken through around terms like SNARK and trusted setup and just wonder why not setup the current STEALTH first before introducing a new extended STEALTH
We're not going to shift gears now in the middle of the project so that we can start coding a half-assed release for Stealth or its UI. The competition and the media would sure love it if I did that though. Do your job right the first time, or don't do it at all. "current STEALTH" - LOL

i had the impression the tech was fully inpmemented and even a GUI available 12 montgs ago
The existing "blinded" code (or "confidential", whatever you want to call that crap) does not give you Stealth level privacy at all, nor is there a UI that was built for it that was even remotely usable. Don't mislead people into thinking they will be private.

@kenCode, take a chill pill man.
#1 NO. #2 Who's got time to "chill"?! The world is going to shit and I don't see many people getting off their fat asses to do it, let alone do it RIGHT. Time is short and what I see here is a know-it-all, wannabe-Leader, who's posturing for no reason. The products I have built can actually save lives. What are you doing? Maybe we should DOUBLE your pay again, and then you'll feel important.

Now, regarding the STEALTH tokens, I don't see anyone selling those yet, and are not even required if you want to use Stealth transactions.

As for Marketing, I see onceuponatime answered it for me, but I will reiterate. If you're such a marketing genius Thom, then why aren't you out there marketing our prediction market? Or the DEx? Or our decentralized governance? Or our market-pegged assets? Or our advanced multisig? Or our speed or scalability? Or the myriad of other things our platform can already do? Rhetorical question, Farley.

You can either build Stealth yourself, or stfu and let me do it the right way. There's your "SPEC" and roadmap for a product that has never been correctly built before. You can market Stealth months from now once the public has had a chance to test the shit out of it first.

Until then Thom, why don't you build something? Like support for Trezor. Or Dividends. Or a Block Explorer. I don't care, just build *something*.

Rattling my cage will not make me work more than 18 hours per day, 6 to 7 days per week. Or any of my Devs who work just as hard.
@Thom - Maybe we should double your pay again so that we can "market" your great contributions, or buy some more of those reeeeeeally effective banner ads? LOL

As usual, see you on Friday.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

Why not setup the current STEALTH first before introducing a new extended STEALTH ..

That's what confuses me

That is really interesting question.