Author Topic: [ANN] PTS.1GH.COM - GPU, CPU mining ★ New version 1.4! Please upgrade ASAP! ★  (Read 160516 times)

Offline c.figgis

• View Profile
The new 1.4 miner is acting strange on Linux. Old version worked fine for days and days. The new one will sometimes go a day, sometimes just a few hours. It ends up looking like this...

Total CPM (15m) 0.00 HPM (15m) 0.00 | CPM 646.06 HPM 189.66 | A/R 2118/3 (70600.00% rej)
Worker 0-0 GeForce GTX 770 CPM (15m) 0.00 HPM (15m) 0.00 | CPM 645.51 HPM 189.50 | A/R 2118/3 (70600.00% rej)

Seems like a bug of some sort.
Looks like a hanged connection. I will put a watchdog in the next version.

Any ETA for this?

Offline reorder

• View Profile
But 3 days ago, I think I got almost 4 PTS with my 7k CPM... Today only 2.7 :O  :'( :'(
On Jan 31 (pool time) the pool got some luck and found 18 blocks, today only 14. At numbers this low the variance is high..

Offline AceCobra1

• View Profile
But 3 days ago, I think I got almost 4 PTS with my 7k CPM... Today only 2.7 :O  :'( :'(

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Any ideas why the find rate has been so poor the last few days ?
I might say, it matches the pool hashrate almost precisely: for the last 6 days (Jan 29 to Feb 3), the estimate is 13.4 blocks / day and the total number of found blocks is 79.

Offline AceCobra1

• View Profile
Any ideas why the find rate has been so poor the last few days ?

Offline reorder

• View Profile
The new 1.4 miner is acting strange on Linux. Old version worked fine for days and days. The new one will sometimes go a day, sometimes just a few hours. It ends up looking like this...

Total CPM (15m) 0.00 HPM (15m) 0.00 | CPM 646.06 HPM 189.66 | A/R 2118/3 (70600.00% rej)
Worker 0-0 GeForce GTX 770 CPM (15m) 0.00 HPM (15m) 0.00 | CPM 645.51 HPM 189.50 | A/R 2118/3 (70600.00% rej)

Looks like a hanged connection. I will put a watchdog in the next version.

Offline lnxsrt

• View Profile

Offline earntodie

• View Profile
8 hours + since we've found a block. Is this unusual? Have we lost miners to another pool?
Pool need more CPU and GPU power!  :D
1GH CLUB!! PTS mining club - PTS.1GH.COM, MEMORY coin mining club - MMC.1GH.COM, MAX coin mining club - MAX.1GH.COM

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] PTS.1GH.COM - GPU, CPU mining ★ New version 1.4! Please upgrade
« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2014, 04:35:37 pm »
too many idiotts on the pool, no profit. :o
That's not how it works. We need as many miners as we can get to solve as many blocks as possible. The more miners, the better that chance, it's a proportional payout of the work performed. Sure your payout might be smaller, but you would be getting more of them.
the point is you can only mine here with a (more) profitable gpu in comparison to scrypt
HD6990 - it makes 2540 cpm here  / 940 kH/s with scrypt / o.k. here
R9 290X - it makes 1350 cpm here / 850 kH/s with scypt / not o.k. here

BUT with the fast open-cl-miner my R9 290X makes 2530 cpm - this is o.k., but only at the beeeeeer-pool
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2598.0
hope NaN will implement other pool-support

when you mine at a smaller pool the luck-factor becomes bigger in comparison to mining at a greater pool(s)
Seems like that miner already has ypool support.

Would rather see 1gh supported before ypool to spread the pools out more... I've got to say the layout of the 1gh website is the primary reason I was mining here... it really is well done and informative to what you want to see... beeeeer.org went the "just the minimum" route for I'm assuming efficiency but man sometimes you just claw your eyeballs out...

I guess 1gh was not added for now because it "does not implement the latest xpt-protocol"... I was excited when 1gh added stratum... guess I will have to read up on the differences between all these protocols...
Well, the pool does support xpt protocol: jhProtominer and xptMiner work with it just fine. We do not support the 'developer fee' part, but there are workarounds: beer pool does not have it at all.

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:38 pm »
That's not how it works. We need as many miners as we can get to solve as many blocks as possible. The more miners, the better that chance, it's a proportional payout of the work performed. Sure your payout might be smaller, but you would be getting more of them.
the point is you can only mine here with a (more) profitable gpu in comparison to scrypt

BUT with the fast open-cl-miner my R9 290X makes 2530 cpm - this is o.k., but only at the beeeeeer-pool

when you mine at a smaller pool the luck-factor becomes bigger in comparison to mining at a greater pool(s)

Would rather see 1gh supported before ypool to spread the pools out more... I've got to say the layout of the 1gh website is the primary reason I was mining here... it really is well done and informative to what you want to see... beeeeer.org went the "just the minimum" route for I'm assuming efficiency but man sometimes you just claw your eyeballs out...

I guess 1gh was not added for now because it "does not implement the latest xpt-protocol"... I was excited when 1gh added stratum... guess I will have to read up on the differences between all these protocols...

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2014, 03:20:04 pm »

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »

Yes, it would be great to have standardized mining software, sort of like the cgminer/bfgminer in the BTC world. With PTS the majority of the good mining software is closed source and that is worrisome, i.e. no peer review. On the other hand, there does seem to be free market options at play. You sort of pick your miner based of the pool you want to support and how much tax you want to pay. (Pool tax + mining software dev tax)

Statistically variance balances out over time, weeks/month vs. hours/days with proportional payouts. You can see proof of this from BTC pools with PPLNS luck graphs. It's human nature to want faster rewards so they flock to what is paying out what seems like more on a daily basis. Over all, IF things were equal, i.e. the same mining software usable on all pools, it should average out over time. It's just math.

What is frustrating is this nebulous factoring you have to keep track of by gathering the yield not only from your total CPM, what you should actually be making with all your hardware by doing math, but the taxes levied from the pool and their supported mining software. The question then becomes where do I want to point my mining farm at based on the best pool/mining software combination after determining all the variables.

Ah good times, the life of a miner...  ::) There is no set it and forget it, but that is why we do it right? Tinker and tweak every last drop of performance out of hardware for the greatest yield.

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2014, 10:10:45 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:16:34 am by Schwede65 »

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Yea! #46355, keep em coming.  ::)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
8 hours + since we've found a block. Is this unusual? Have we lost miners to another pool?

Total hash appears to have decreased.  Everyone needs point gpus and cpus now that yam is supported.