Author Topic: brainkey in wallet is currently broken.  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Chronos

Your username + password is not sufficient if you clear the web-cache?  Is that true?
Correct. Your username is your account name. Everyone can know it. Your password decrypts your wallet, but you need to back up the wallet. Otherwise you have nothing to decrypt.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

So at one point I made an account. I guess I didn't "backup" the web-cache because I'd never heard of backing up a cache ever. I thought it would back it up so I didn't rely on the web-service, when it actually backs up my web-cache.

I think I understand it now.  Your username + password is not sufficient if you clear the web-cache?  Is that true?

Regardless I decided to go with the brainkey.  So after digging the pictures of the brainkey off my phone  I try to restore via brainkey. In both chrome and firefox, windows and linux, I get "key.normalize_brain_key is not a function app.js 102"  That is firefox on windows.

On Chrome I get
vendors.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: key.normalize_brain_key is not a function

It should be real easy to replicate this bug, just go to create account and keep clicking through until you get to the brainkey option at the bottom.
I speak for myself and only myself.