Author Topic: Now that Daniel Larimer (aka bytemaster) is gone...  (Read 44176 times)

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Thanks for loving me I.LOVE YOU ALL
Even you....
Jakub :-*

Jus 2bts...
This forum.is.faaaaaaaaaar from dead......I verify a lot of.data n this forum is one of.the biggest in alt community, simple top...I domt want to get in details, but this.community is one of the.best, if not the best in crypto world
I really cannot believe that some of you dont have the notion of the size of.this sleeping giant, when this giant wake up cryptoworld will shake
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I don't think we need to rebrand BitShares as such, partly because I don't like rebranding in general (wastes precious time, sends a conflicting message, and usually leads me to suspect it's being done because of mistakes made in the past) and partly because I don't think it is a bad name.

But I do think it would be beneficial to promote the use of the term DEX as "ours" in our marketing literature (web site, social media, and even the web wallet). I use this term all the time in telegram/slack, as do many others, to describe our trading network. So I suggest we keep BitShares to describe the coin and the chain and use "the DEX" to describe the actual market that runs on the chain.

+5%
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
that was indeed entertaining..

Here is my take:
1) BM was never the leader but the main developer of bitshares and bitshares is very stable.
2) We do not need any leader. We need more developers to come with proposals about bond market, recurring payments, margin trading, gui enhancement etc..You can expect BM to do everything for free do you?
3) We definitely DO NOT NEED a new Brian Page her to pay him for marketing tons of bts and then sell them on the market and disappear. Anyone can do anything they want and can marketing wise. It can be something huge like @ccedk or @kenCode, peerplays team, fuzzy and others are doing or something small like bitshares.gr (thanks for fb like it  even if you don't understand it  :). It makes me happy to see likes on the bottom page.. )
4) If you guys want to see at some point bitshares rise in price all you need to do is create buying pressure. Stop selling at these levels, start buying, withdraw from exchanges, short bitassets on the DEX.. Although I do understand the FUD  you guys over exaggerate some times..
 5) Forget about changing the logo or the name! I have a T-Shirt that has a logo that means something..If you change it I wouldn't know how to answer when people ask me what is it  :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:55:19 am by mf-tzo »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Ok... well that was an entertaining thread.

It's awesome to explore the idea of creating a more centralized wallet for our decentralized network.

This thread to me was another experiment in attempting to control bitshares.

You can't control it.

Those that attempt to burn out and disappear when they can't get their way.

The idea that technical people should be some kind of leaders of bitshares is really terrible. It's such a mismatch of the requirements for a truly effective roll. You want charismatic charming and well spoken and presentable people who connect with those they present to. That is often not the MO of those that seek to be programmers. It's a different skill set.

Regardless, I think the whole idea of putting our eggs into yet another basket is the wrong approach. I say, give people an easier way to have their own basket to fill up. Why not just put some TLC into the faucet/wallet to make for a simpler setup so that we have tons of 'Openledgers' that people can choose from? Cryptowannabenerds can come up with new creative ways to refer traders.. identify sticking points.. possibly even DEVELOP new stuff to improve it.

I have contemplated this idea for a while. Maybe it's time to take it off the shelf and relook at something like that the spur more adoption/innovation for Bitshares.

This DAC experiment isn't done yet. We don't need to abandon the possibility of it working in other ways when we never really even got the training wheels off yet.

Leadership comes from leading.... building.. moving forward.. and most importantly inspiring others to follow.

Right now, the Bitshares 'followership' looks so jaded.. I honestly think the only hope for new leadership in to have more people like @bitsharesbrazil join the party. The rest are just too busy circle-jerking who to blame for their dissatisfaction.

warning.. this was posted at 5am my time... I am not entirely sure how much what I wrote made sense.. but I figure it will go ignore anyways because I wasn't playing the blame game... so clicking post....now.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

jakub

He has no longer any significant stake in BTS.
Is this proven or just rumored?

BM sold several millions of BTS back in March and also transferred 6M BTS to onceuponatime as a compensation for failing to deliver STEALTH - this is visible on cryptofresh.

It's true that BM sold off some significant portion of his BTS holdings prior to formally announcing his departure to Steemit, but I guess it's been obvious for some time that he was dumping shares (with BitShares being so transparent, moves by whales are usually noticed within hours and BM's accounts were closely watched).

Dan has to pay his bills Jakub - he sold his personal holdings. Cryptonomex (the company) and Stan personally still own plenty of bitshares.The money Dan paid me for STEALTH was a very appreciated gesture of goodwill since the project couldn't be completed safely within the given timeframe in a way that I would get the income from it I was expecting. That would have been disastrous because I was expecting that income to fund other BitShares projects (which I have been working on while you were (somewhere?) on hiatus from BitShares activity (not answering Committee enquiries etc and leaving people in the lurch).

He sold his personal shares, which many others still here bitching have done long ago. And this HAD TO BE DONE in order partially to end the stalemate here at BitShares of those unwilling to pay workers. How was he supposed to hold a team together?

And how can you be so blind as to not see that a good deal of development money will go into the hands of BitShares project developers who simply take the trouble to post their projects and their progress on steemit.com? Or do you begrudge this workaround to get funding to the likes of KenCode and Fuzzy? (and others). Have you not noticed how well Cryptoctpus (known as rgcrypto here on this forum) has done on steemit.com? He has earned over $20,000 in just two weeks (after beating his head against the wall trying to online market BitShares earlier). I am pretty damn sure that he will be bringing his newfound funds and experience back to BitShares in the future (as will all the rest of us taking advantage of Dan's newly created opportunity).

Posting negativity here in this forum does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to add value to BitShares - but hey, it is helping to keep share prices down and I have been buying up bitshares on the cheap continuously for weeks. Thank you (I guess).

It's amazing how you've manged to twist my words.
Where did I say that Dan had done anything wrong? Where did I say he had any obligation to stay with BitShares? Where did I express any frustration directed at Dan?

All I said is that Dan is gone and that for me it's a good thing provided the community is able to acquire another leader and rebrand.
Does this really amount to "posting negativity"?
Is it really such a secret that Dan has been quite terrible as a community leader? Everybody knows this, including Dan himself.

Regarding my "disappearance" - this is none of your business. The only person affected by this was abit, not you or any other person here. So please mind your own business.

Regarding your faith that "rgcrypto has earned $20,000 in just two weeks" - well, keep dreaming, man.
This might be true, provided Steem becomes another reddit in 1-2 years. It's not completely impossible, but not very likely either I would say.

Look at yourself, onceupontime. Your interpretation of my words is negative, not my words themselves.

EDIT: I've noticed that you were so proud of your reply that you have even published it on steemit and referred to me as a "troll".
It's quite telling how you guys behave.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:02:14 pm by jakub »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
The real leaders of bitshares are the ones just getting on with working, networking, writing and raising development funds. No-one needs to be elected. That's just a waste of time.

The definitive statements often being made about people and their status or intentions with respect to BitShares is an embarrassment. 'I know what's going on and it this!' These types of remarks are so often wrong and there is hardly ever a retraction or apology. Yet the definitive statements keep coming. It's sad.

Things have not panned out the way many expected over the last couple of years, sorry.  The only solution is to keep working hard and to adapt.  There are so many opportunities for everyone willing to give a little more. 

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I don't think we need to rebrand BitShares as such, partly because I don't like rebranding in general (wastes precious time, sends a conflicting message, and usually leads me to suspect it's being done because of mistakes made in the past) and partly because I don't think it is a bad name.

But I do think it would be beneficial to promote the use of the term DEX as "ours" in our marketing literature (web site, social media, and even the web wallet). I use this term all the time in telegram/slack, as do many others, to describe our trading network. So I suggest we keep BitShares to describe the coin and the chain and use "the DEX" to describe the actual market that runs on the chain.
This the approach I would support.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline onceuponatime

You just need faith. Dan and Stan bringing faith based blockchain solutions to the masses.

God bless us. Chuckle.

It is stunning how much you young ladies are sounding almost EXACTLY like the nattering ninnies who were laughing at me for spending $5 "real" dollars to buy "virtual" Bitcoins in 2011.

Chuckle.

Haha... I would just like to inform you that there are other blockchain projects.

I hope you guys get paid. I just don't want some naive nattering Nancy to go into that and invest their time under some wrong assumption. The problem is that Steem is just an iffy thing in many ways but I am not going to pick it apart.

You're not going to "pick it apart" and offer constructive criticism - you're just going to spread FUD?

Right. Gotcha.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You just need faith. Dan and Stan bringing faith based blockchain solutions to the masses.

God bless us. Chuckle.

It is stunning how much you young ladies are sounding almost EXACTLY like the nattering ninnies who were laughing at me for spending $5 "real" dollars to buy "virtual" Bitcoins in 2011.

Chuckle.

Haha... I would just like to inform you that there are other blockchain projects.

I hope you guys get paid. I just don't want some naive nattering Nancy to go into that and invest their time under some wrong assumption. The problem is that Steem is just an iffy thing in many ways but I am not going to pick it apart.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

God bless us. Chuckle.

Chuckle.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

God bless us. Chuckle.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

BM sold several millions of BTS back in March and also transferred 6M BTS to onceuponatime as a compensation for failing to deliver STEALTH - this is visible on cryptofresh.

It's true that BM sold off some significant portion of his BTS holdings prior to formally announcing his departure to Steemit, but I guess it's been obvious for some time that he was dumping shares (with BitShares being so transparent, moves by whales are usually noticed within hours and BM's accounts were closely watched).

Dan has to pay his bills Jakub - he sold his personal holdings. Cryptonomex (the company) and Stan personally still own plenty of bitshares.The money Dan paid me for STEALTH was a very appreciated gesture of goodwill since the project couldn't be completed safely within the given timeframe in a way that I would get the income from it I was expecting. That would have been disastrous because I was expecting that income to fund other BitShares projects (which I have been working on while you were (somewhere?) on hiatus from BitShares activity (not answering Committee enquiries etc and leaving people in the lurch).

He sold his personal shares, which many others still here bitching have done long ago. And this HAD TO BE DONE in order partially to end the stalemate here at BitShares of those unwilling to pay workers. How was he supposed to hold a team together?

And how can you be so blind as to not see that a good deal of development money will go into the hands of BitShares project developers who simply take the trouble to post their projects and their progress on steemit.com? Or do you begrudge this workaround to get funding to the likes of KenCode and Fuzzy? (and others). Have you not noticed how well Cryptoctpus (known as rgcrypto here on this forum) has done on steemit.com? He has earned over $20,000 in just two weeks (after beating his head against the wall trying to online market BitShares earlier). I am pretty damn sure that he will be bringing his newfound funds and experience back to BitShares in the future (as will all the rest of us taking advantage of Dan's newly created opportunity).

Posting negativity here in this forum does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to add value to BitShares - but hey, it is helping to keep share prices down and I have been buying up bitshares on the cheap continuously for weeks. Thank you (I guess).

give me a break .
He has earned over $20,000 in just two weeks .

Really , that sounds real to you ? You really believe that when he take out the money , it will worth 20,000 ??????
It's just the same with BTS dilution , but worse . It's just paper money . Once people gets it and start to sell it , its price will drop dramatically .

Yeah I was wondering that too. Is that money guaranteed and available immediately or is it just some gimmick?

Like are they relying on the 40 BTC total Steem buy support or is there already real cash set aside?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:05:21 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

give me a break .
He has earned over $20,000 in just two weeks .

Really , that sounds real to you ? You really believe that when he take out the money , it will worth 20,000 ??????
It's just the same with BTS dilution , but worse . It's just paper money . Once people gets it and start to sell it , its price will drop dramatically .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.