Author Topic: Why so silent?  (Read 11736 times)

Offline script

• View Profile
  • BitShares: script
Hello.  Is it possible to trade MUSE  (Peertracks.com) coins?  I am logged-in  OpenLedger but can't find it :(  Maybe it is under different abbreviation (Market) not "MUSE"??

Do we have a search bar in OpenLedger?

Where can I read what each short names ( BTSR, ICOO, MKR etc) mean???  I am watching under BTS trading column. I am also interested how much of these coins (MUSE) will be issued over time?  Thank you.

https://s31.postimg.org/hsv9ddex7/post.png

click on exchange > 'FIND MARKETS'
were you see the tabs at the top 'OPEN.BTC' 'OPEN.ETH' 'OPEN.usdt' 'OPEN.EURT' 'BTS' 'OTHERS'
click 'BTS'
then type OPEN.MUSE in search

according to coinmarketcap Available Supply = 1,370,462,915 MUSE   Total Supply = 1,520,462,915 MUSE
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:22:30 am by script »

Offline m200

Hello.  Is it possible to trade MUSE  (Peertracks.com) coins?  I am logged-in  OpenLedger but can't find it :(  Maybe it is under different abbreviation (Market) not "MUSE"??

Do we have a search bar in OpenLedger?

Where can I read what each short names ( BTSR, ICOO, MKR etc) mean???  I am watching under BTS trading column. I am also interested how much of these coins (MUSE) will be issued over time?  Thank you.

Offline LoveYouMakMak

• View Profile

I solved two birds with one stone by focusing on Troopeers. It's a single pitch. "Whoever you are, if you have or want an engaged fanbase, sign the hell up!"
The onramping is easy with a centralized DB as a back end. We will then snapshot all token balances to MUSE once the blockchain is to a point we are happy with.

This means that Troopeers can do its thing, irrespectively of MUSE. MUSE can be upgraded to something much more viable. Only then will the music branch launch (PeerTracks.com)

We simply can't afford a giant team though, so progress is slow. Troopeers' success should allow us a much much bigger budget.

ATM ressources are focused on Troopeers. Shortly switching gears to MUSE. Then we hook up Troopeers to MUSE, followed by PeerTracks.

I do not quite get it. What is the part that MUSE broadchain needs to be upgraded to 'something more viable'?  MUSE broadchain is a decentralised database which you can use store the token balances.  Why do we need a big team for that?

I'm not at liberty to disclose this quite yet. Ping me in 4 weeks!

4 weeks. And ?

Offline LoveYouMakMak

• View Profile

I solved two birds with one stone by focusing on Troopeers. It's a single pitch. "Whoever you are, if you have or want an engaged fanbase, sign the hell up!"
The onramping is easy with a centralized DB as a back end. We will then snapshot all token balances to MUSE once the blockchain is to a point we are happy with.

This means that Troopeers can do its thing, irrespectively of MUSE. MUSE can be upgraded to something much more viable. Only then will the music branch launch (PeerTracks.com)

We simply can't afford a giant team though, so progress is slow. Troopeers' success should allow us a much much bigger budget.

ATM ressources are focused on Troopeers. Shortly switching gears to MUSE. Then we hook up Troopeers to MUSE, followed by PeerTracks.

I do not quite get it. What is the part that MUSE broadchain needs to be upgraded to 'something more viable'?  MUSE broadchain is a decentralised database which you can use store the token balances.  Why do we need a big team for that?

So we should expect some secret sauce in the next few days?

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
you guys are very funny  :P :P :P  +5% +5% +5%
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline LoveYouMakMak

• View Profile

Is that 4 normal weeks or Peertracks 4 weeks?

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cob

• View Profile
I'm sorry cob, it's to little, too late for me.
Sorry to see you go sir.

I also disagree with your approach, priorities and assessment on the Graphene built blockchain. If you had launched peertracks and focused on the original mvp based on the original vision of enabling the viral distribution and marketing of music by fans incentivised by new connections to the artists they discover, perhaps muse would have had a value that could then be supporting further development, wether by yourself or the community. That is one pitch right there.

That actually was plan A. But...  "new shit has come to light, man" and we were faced with a fourfold problem.
-Forced bundling of content with content creators.
-The automatic royalty splitter had nothing to split.
-Bad UX.
-Charting relied on users understanding tokens so much that they would be willing to dish out funds.

All these issues have been resolved and they all point to my roll out strategy. Troopeers --> MUSE  --> PeerTracks

now it's come down to negotiating with entrenched business interests for whom royalty extraction is a dying business model
EEW! No! haha. (yes on the dying business model though!)
What we are doing is targeting content creators instead of content consumers.
So we are going after the celebs, the public figures, the bands, the actors, the streamers, etc. They fill Troopeers with profiles and THEY will notify their pre-existing fan base of the new way to support them and interact with them.
So our priority is filling Troopeers up with profiles and tokens. Fans cannot come first.
And yes, there are business (labels and publishers) that have multiple artists signed up with them. Naturally we target them as well.
Troopeers has nothing to do with making the Legacy monetization method a tiny bit better. We ignore that shit entirely and provide a NEW way to monetize your time/attention as a star.
PeerTracks, which requires a couple more moving parts (a splitter that has something to split for example) is merely the music branch of the project.

I wish you and whoever is working with you the best of luck.

Thanks Ben. Keep an eye out on the project this summer. You could still be an early adopter if ever we deliver something ^^
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Hi Cob, thanks for posting.  I just have one question.  Why are you and your team focusing on the b2b approach when it certainly looked like you were almost ready with an MVP for Peertracks months ago?

Let me go into more detail.

The PeerTracks web app is pretty much ready. The royalty splitter needs something to split.
One big issue is the stability of the bitUSD (collateralized by MUSE). MUSE is too volatile to support a MUSE-USD.
Our users are not traders. The music industry is quick to sue for minor royalty discrepancies.
PeerTracks faced a chicken/egg problem.

The second problem was the double pitch (pitched the token concept along with the automatic payment splitter/distributed metadata ledger)

I'm sorry cob, it's to little, too late for me. I also disagree with your approach, priorities and assessment on the Graphene built blockchain.  If you had launched peertracks and focused on the original mvp based on the original vision of enabling the viral distribution and marketing of music by fans incentivised by new connections to the artists they discover, perhaps muse would have had a value that could then be supporting further development, wether by yourself or the community. That is one pitch right there. Instead, investors have been misled about the status and direction of the project and now it's come down to negotiating with entrenched business interests for whom royalty extraction is a dying business model and are unlikely to accelerate that death by joining troopeers. Or maybe they will, but I don't care because that should have been a side show to providing a platform that eliminates the middle men between music and fans. Don't you understand that time is not on your side? If you had any sense at all, you would focus on releasing peertracks for musicians and fans asap. If you are concerned with the muse dollar peg, then use something more stable like bitusd. My position has not changed I'm afraid, I've had to move on. I wish you and whoever is working with you the best of luck.

Offline cob

• View Profile
Hi Cob, thanks for posting.  I just have one question.  Why are you and your team focusing on the b2b approach when it certainly looked like you were almost ready with an MVP for Peertracks months ago?

Let me go into more detail.

The PeerTracks web app is pretty much ready. The royalty splitter needs something to split.
One big issue is the stability of the bitUSD (collateralized by MUSE). MUSE is too volatile to support a MUSE-USD.
Our users are not traders. The music industry is quick to sue for minor royalty discrepancies.
PeerTracks faced a chicken/egg problem.

The second problem was the double pitch (pitched the token concept along with the automatic payment splitter/distributed metadata ledger)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.06~0.08  15000000 muse :'( :'( :'(
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Whoever is making the decisions for peertracks/muse have, for me, irreparably compromised the integrity of this project. You've had my btc and then moved steadily beyond any accountability or what I would consider a rational approach to the project and community. Wether peertracks or troopeers or whatever launches or not, I've lost my passion for your project and will be looking elsewhere for a solution to unlocking music creativity and distribution. I still don't believe cob is a scammer, but I do believe some of the responsibility for the apparent failure of this project and the alienation of the muse community is his. So for anyone with muse or thinking to get any.....think very carefully beforehand and beware of the degree of compromise and centralisation that may have occurred . I make this statement before altering any muse position I have currently.  I may try to salvage something but generally that will come at someone else's expense so I guess I'll chalk muse up to a sad and unecessary waste. On the bright side, there's always hope and I can't wait until music is set free!

What is the definition of a scammer?

Cob did take our money by telling lies all the time. Isn't that exactly what a scammer does? He never explained why he spread false information about an alpha that has never been out or hundreds of testers etc.
All the false information and implications have always come out as lies.

I don't see how we cannot call him a scammer.

He burned 500k of investors money and is still here telling us they will come up with some crap, but the main objective isn't on the radar .

No roadmap but a bunch of crap talk.

He is a scammer
I can empathise with some of how you feel marky. But I believe his intentions were honourable at the beginning and he was as enthused and passionate about building something revolutionary for music as the rest of us. Along the way things happened and gradually its all gone wrong. This happens. Whatever the truth, i've lost interest and will focus my engagement with other more promising projects. It's not the first mistake I've made and it won't be the last. I'm not about to waste any more time and effort trying to extract answers that will clearly never be forthcoming. Anyway that's it. I doubt I'll comment further in this part of the forum.

just today, i saw you dump about one million MUSE ??? ??? ???

And? I announced my concerns well in advance. I also stated that I might try to salvage something. I'm bag holding more than that. Finally, Is it possible for me to know every market participant's perception. No. Do I know anything for a fact? No.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Whoever is making the decisions for peertracks/muse have, for me, irreparably compromised the integrity of this project. You've had my btc and then moved steadily beyond any accountability or what I would consider a rational approach to the project and community. Wether peertracks or troopeers or whatever launches or not, I've lost my passion for your project and will be looking elsewhere for a solution to unlocking music creativity and distribution. I still don't believe cob is a scammer, but I do believe some of the responsibility for the apparent failure of this project and the alienation of the muse community is his. So for anyone with muse or thinking to get any.....think very carefully beforehand and beware of the degree of compromise and centralisation that may have occurred . I make this statement before altering any muse position I have currently.  I may try to salvage something but generally that will come at someone else's expense so I guess I'll chalk muse up to a sad and unecessary waste. On the bright side, there's always hope and I can't wait until music is set free!

What is the definition of a scammer?

Cob did take our money by telling lies all the time. Isn't that exactly what a scammer does? He never explained why he spread false information about an alpha that has never been out or hundreds of testers etc.
All the false information and implications have always come out as lies.

I don't see how we cannot call him a scammer.

He burned 500k of investors money and is still here telling us they will come up with some crap, but the main objective isn't on the radar .

No roadmap but a bunch of crap talk.

He is a scammer
I can empathise with some of how you feel marky. But I believe his intentions were honourable at the beginning and he was as enthused and passionate about building something revolutionary for music as the rest of us. Along the way things happened and gradually its all gone wrong. This happens. Whatever the truth, i've lost interest and will focus my engagement with other more promising projects. It's not the first mistake I've made and it won't be the last. I'm not about to waste any more time and effort trying to extract answers that will clearly never be forthcoming. Anyway that's it. I doubt I'll comment further in this part of the forum.

just today, i saw you dump about one million MUSE ??? ??? ???

thats just the beginning... 10 mio will be sold withing the next few days for sure.

anoter top20 holder sent all his muse to openledger (around 14mio).

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:36:17 pm by Marky0001 »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
i get your point... today someone sent 10mio muse to the openledger wallet.

And yes... there are really promising projects in this space coming up and i guess cob will stay in his illusion and dream world.

If his intentions were honorable he wouldnt have started all those lies and instead told us what is going on.

But they faked a lot of progress from the BEGINNING and thats why i dont think he is a good guy.