Author Topic: Video preview: Buying Bitshares the Easy Way  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Thom

Yeah, I agree about the microphone being distracting. Plenty of solutions to that issue mentioned here.

As to the content, sounds like a good approach Chronos. I don't recall off the top of my head, but can't the width of the left column be adjusted by grabbing & dragging somewhere near the vertical scrollbar? It's all css so it's technically possible.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline yvv

• View Profile

How much trade.BTC buys requests are waiting, and how much faith and trust is there in holding trade.BTC?  How liquid is it?

When people move their "precious" BTC in to trade.BTC, there must be some cause of concern that prevents a lot of people from wanting to go that route, at least, until the Bitshares exchange has more volume?

You have to do your due diligence when choosing a rout to deposit/withdraw funds. Obviously, you don't want to deposit through illiquid UIA. Blocktrades provides a bridge by the way.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
I'm posting this to open up feedback on an upcoming video: Buying Bitshares the Easy Way. 

I understand how UIA trade.BTC works.

My question is that once you have trade.BTC, obviously you can have it converted back to BTC

BUT

What if you want to convert trade.BTC to BTS or OPEN.POS, and there is no buyers for trade.BTC ?  Do you become a holder of trade.BTC and either hold it longer than you'd like, or take a possible loss to reverse it back to BTC and go back to a centralized exchange to change it immediately?

How much trade.BTC buys requests are waiting, and how much faith and trust is there in holding trade.BTC?  How liquid is it?

When people move their "precious" BTC in to trade.BTC, there must be some cause of concern that prevents a lot of people from wanting to go that route, at least, until the Bitshares exchange has more volume?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Thank you for mentioning the difference between a bridge and a gateway. Please keep it in the new video too.

Maybe you can move the mic to the side so that everybody can see your face directly. Also, a pop protection could change the view a bit.

Otherwhise great work. Please continue!

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline konelectric

The mic should just be lowered so it doesn't take up to much of the screen.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Ugh, I can't take it anymore, and have to say something. :)

That mic resembles a big male organ and is distracting, especially when it is closer to the camera than you are..

Is there a BitShares logo you can paste infront of it, or something else while you talk, so it re-iterates what the subject matter is?  This way the mic becomes less of a focal point, and we can concentrate on what you're saying.

With a video editor you can put a graphical overlay to hide it.

Or with a piece of paper and a colored printed image, you could just paste it on it.

I think it's one of the reasons mainstream media has logos on their microphones too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:45:03 pm by crypto4ever »

Offline Chronos

Hi all,

I'm posting this to open up feedback on an upcoming video: Buying Bitshares the Easy Way.  This preview video is marked as private, just for you BTS forum members, to give you a chance to provide feedback on the script. You can expect the final version to go to production later this month.

One other note: I'll mention that you already need to have your wallet created to follow these steps. I'll cover the actual creation of the wallet (and securing it) in a separate video.

Watch the preview video: Buying Bitshares  the Easy Way

Thanks!