Author Topic: Please Help! New Wallet Problems (Where Are My Vested Coins)  (Read 8800 times)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Why cant you add them to tge bitshares wallet? Whats the error?

The import button doesn't show up like the key isn't valid.  I will take a snapshot.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why cant you add them to tge bitshares wallet? Whats the error?

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Thanks.  It's only 3 PTS addresses.  How do I get them manually?
You would need to have the PTS wallet installed .. then open your wallet, then the "console" and there you need to type dumpprivatkey <address>  ... if I recall correctly

I kept the private keys to my PTS addresses but I can't add them to the Bitshares wallet.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You would need to have the PTS wallet installed .. then open your wallet, then the "console" and there you need to type dumpprivatkey <address>  ... if I recall correctly

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Ugg.  I have my old old bitshares wallet.  How do I import the PTS keys from there?
Unfortunatelly, you can't import wallet.dat files into bitshares2 directly.
Either you need to extract the private keys manually, or you need to import them into bitshares0.9.3c first, export the wallet and then import the wallet into bts2

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Ugg.  I have my old old bitshares wallet.  How do I import the PTS keys from there?
Unfortunatelly, you can't import wallet.dat files into bitshares2 directly.
Either you need to extract the private keys manually, or you need to import them into bitshares0.9.3c first, export the wallet and then import the wallet into bts2

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Can this have something to do with the permissions page?
Try downloading the newest light wallet and see if that helps:

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases/tag/v2.0.160702

Awesome.  That worked.  Thanks so much.  One more question.  I couldn't add my PTS private keys.  How do I do that?  What's your BTS addy?
Glad to hear it worked finally! You can't import a PTS key directly I'm afraid, you'll need to first import it in your old BTS 0.9.3c wallet and then export the keys from that wallet.

Offline svk

Awesome.  That worked.  Thanks so much.  One more question.  I couldn't add my PTS private keys.  How do I do that?  What's your BTS addy?
Glad to hear it worked finally! You can't import a PTS key directly I'm afraid, you'll need to first import it in your old BTS 0.9.3c wallet and then export the keys from that wallet.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:04:27 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline svk

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline svk

Oh .. interestingly, it seems that BTS is just hidden .. click the "SHOW HIDDEN ASSETS (1)" button!!

Any clue?  Are the rest of my coins up in smoke?

Can you try this again in the newest version of Openledger?

The Settings link is now in the account name dropdown menu. In Settings, click on Wallet then at the bottom there's a button called "Lookup balances". Click on that button and see if it shows you some unclaimed balances. If it does not show any unclaimed balances, perhaps you should try to import your json export from 0.9.3c again under Settings > Restore/Import. Select "Import a BTS 0.9.3c export ...." in the dropdown menu.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
probably not .. i am not sure what is causing the "missing key" issue .. maybe @svk knows more ..

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Oh .. interestingly, it seems that BTS is just hidden .. click the "SHOW HIDDEN ASSETS (1)" button!!

Any clue?  Are the rest of my coins up in smoke?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
I made that account after I downloaded the new wallet.  I imported the private keys to all the bitcoin and PTS addresses I used in the original Bitshares sale.  I didn't input my private key for my Bitshares wallet.
Do you see a "your account" next to your account name in the overview page, or not?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:03:14 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I made that account after I downloaded the new wallet.  I imported the private keys to all the bitcoin and PTS addresses I used in the original Bitshares sale.  I didn't input my private key for my Bitshares wallet.
Do you see a "your account" next to your account name in the overview page, or not?

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
I assume that you don't have the keys for jake-the-pada. You can probably see that when you open the account's overview page. On the left side above the left navigation and below the image, it states the account and probably does NOT say (Your Account). You can fix this by importing the private keys to that account

How and when did you create that account?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I assume that you don't have the keys for jake-the-pada. You can probably see that when you open the account's overview page. On the left side above the left navigation and below the image, it states the account and probably does NOT say (Your Account). You can fix this by importing the private keys to that account

How and when did you create that account?

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
sorry this is the wallet I'm using.

https://bitshares.org/download/

I'm just really friggin confused.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You are running a legacy network .. bithsares is now in 2.0 .. you can simple claim your stake there using 0.9.3 .. just follow the migration guide:
docs.bitshares.eu/migration

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hmm seems to be a wallet issue then .. try a newer release .. if you are running the most recent .. maybe try a older version ..
tell me if that works ..
If it doesnt we can still claim using the cli-wallet

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Could you go to the "permissions" page of your account open the ACTIVE KEY tab and try if you can click on the presented public key (long string starting with BTS)?!

Yes I can click on it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Could you go to the "permissions" page of your account open the ACTIVE KEY tab and try if you can click on the presented public key (long string starting with BTS)?!

Offline testz

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile

What version of the Bitshares wallet client are you using, and are you synced up properly?

I don't think you can open the wallet and issue commands instantly.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Not sure what you mean.  I added all my private keys in the wallet management console.  Some of my BTS showed up, but now it won't let me claim the rest of my balances.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Do you have the private keys installed in your wallet? You can see that on the overview page of your account in the left nav bar below the icon it should tell you your account name and nrxt to it it should say (Your account)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Can someone please help?  I'm trying to confirm and release my vested coins and it says "failed to broadcast transaction".  How do I get my vested coins?  I'm totally lost.