Author Topic: A vision for a MULTI-Billion USD MarketCap for BitShares with current Features  (Read 1609 times)

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
It think if bts goes up or goes down right now it doesnt matter on the big picture....we are gaining adoption this we can see clearly.....probably we need much more to be that big....the most important thing.....we are a solid project in a wild enviroment, we have a excellent community, a excellent product.....we need to keep bringing new investors that believe in this model.....just that.....

When things take off for bitcoin in a great way it will for bitshares.....more money, more funding...so people can talk about sidechain ( I really dont see the point to relly on a wallet with multisig, its centralisation to me, n I doubt it would bring more volume to bts),  right now everything is pretty good, but people are not using that much yet, we need to think in that right now, the price of bts, right now, is pretty much secondary
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline okidoki

• View Profile
I thought there would be a bit more discussion around this topic... if this vision is realistic or not... I think the community is focusing on too much small stuff, but forgetting the big picture... And the big picture shows the necessity for something like BitShares, with its capabilities...

I mean everything is prepared for the grand take off. The new 2.0 technology has shown to work for 6 months at least... so if in the next 6 months the total marketcap goes from 15 to 50 billion, I think users will trust this platform... it has survived NuBits as well...

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Honestly is hard to predict,

But for sure dex will grow very much in the future, people will use more bts n store more if long term trend growth remains........ so apreciation in bts price is a natural thing, Im here because bts is too big to stay away, people didnt realize that yet, this project is frontrunning crypto world n have history, have past n that paves the present for the future
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline okidoki

• View Profile
Ok, I want to give you a vision and the reasoning behind it, why BitShares might have enormous potential in its CURRENT state.

I am very sure for myself that the entire crypto-marketcap will go from the current 15 Billion USD to a 100 or 500 Billion marketcap. I do not know which currencies will contribute to it, if it is Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum or The DAO... but I am quite sure that within the next few years the total marketcap will skyrocket from the current 15 Billion.

If we assume only a 100 Billion USD marketcap and there is no exchange which runs away with the money of their users:
  • reaching 100 Billion some of the Bitcoin users, who know more than latecomers, will diversify into the second tier of cryptos, some will buy into BitShares... I think this can easily be 1-5 Billion... I suppose that even current permasceptics will run out of shares to sell very soon.
  • there will be many times more volume searching for a counterparty-risk-free smartcoin like BitUSD, so liquidity starts as premiums for selling bitUSD will go higher because of demand, as BitShares rise because of demand shorting bitUSD will be more interesting than in a falling bitshares market, tying bitshares as collateral
  • everything depends on SmartCoin (bitUSD/bitCNY)demand in my eyes... fees and so on I really do not see this as something crucial for the marketcap... they might even be ZERO...
  • the only serious USD smartcoin is bitUSD... NuBits are out of the race leaving everybody broke already...

If we assume only a 100 Billion USD marketcap and there is one or more exchanges who run away with the money of their users:
  • people will consider storing their wealth instead of MtGox in part in bitUSD, how much might that be if the cryptomarket is a 100 Billion worth.. no idea... but assuming they want to park 2 Billion... than Bitshares has to skyrocket to at least 10 Billion marketcap in my eyes

Please... this is only a vision... do not base any investments on this. Many will argue that the 15 Billion Marketcap is already too high and that it will come down in short time... Also all the cryptoprojects are loosing money right now or deluting... be it Bitcoin or whatever.
Others say that now the exchanges have proven to be trustworthy and that MtGox is already forgotten... newcomers might not even know what MtGox is... So even entrusting these exchanges with 100 Billion USD in cryptos and another 50 Billion in trading money in FIAT might not be a problem. So if these points are what it is... than surely there is no need for a DEX and you should all dump before it is too late...

Imho this is not the case and that we just should give it some time and thanks to the witnesses and so on who manage so beautifully that the 3 second blocks work without a hickup.

8)