Author Topic: Forget Smartcoins, how about Dreamcoins?  (Read 25667 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I don't know if BTWTY can be qualified as a dreamcoin but so far its growth has been quite impressive.

Charts : www.bittwenty.com

It has tiple its price in 18 months ... so ... now that we have something cool to sell out to the world, we just need THE whale to buy BTS, borrow and sell BTWTY, move up the BTS market faster than the BTWTY grows and everybody get its reward ! The whale have its ROI and long terme investors in crypto have a fast growing crypto index fund.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Very good.  It definitely fits what I was thinking of in the OP.

I've made the coin, you find the whale ... deal ? ;p

Sounds reasonable...  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline EstefanTT

I don't know if BTWTY can be qualified as a dreamcoin but so far its growth has been quite impressive.

It has tiple its price in 18 months ... so ... now that we have something cool to sell out to the world, we just need THE whale to buy BTS, borrow and sell BTWTY, move up the BTS market faster than the BTWTY grows and everybody get its reward ! The whale have its ROI and long terme investors in crypto have a fast growing crypto index fund.

I've made the coin, you find the whale ... deal ? ;p

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline 天籁

• View Profile

The only whale is BTS Reserve Pool.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:59:37 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline EstefanTT

All this margin call mechanism is VERY confusing. Not sure that increasing MSSR is a good idea.
I agree, complicated, it is !

The problem is that if I let those margin call orders to far below the real price of the market, they won't be filled and when BTWTY will reach a higher price that could trigger a black swan.

That's why I can't let this 110% at the moment. The premium is really high and I need that margin call orders looks kind of interresting for shorters.

The problem is that when you increase MSSR, you increase a safe collateral ratio too, which is equal to MSSR*MCR. This may fix the margin call problem in short term, but it may have negative impact in long term, because collateral ratio is what determines leverage (lower CR = higher leverage). Higher leverage (lower CR) makes shorting more attractive. This issue needs some good brainstorming before taking any actions.
Indeed, it has to be carefully thought.

The best place to brainstorm is in this community but I didn't have any answer on the Telegram channel.

I'll consider opening a thread and hope some people can join and discuss it. >>> Edit : I've opened a thread : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23654.0.html

The mechanism is really complexe and it would help my reflexion to have others opinions.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:30:23 pm by EstefanTT »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
All this margin call mechanism is VERY confusing. Not sure that increasing MSSR is a good idea.

The problem is that if I let those margin call orders to far below the real price of the market, they won't be filled and when BTWTY will reach a higher price that could trigger a black swan.

That's why I can't let this 110% at the moment. The premium is really high and I need that margin call orders looks kind of interresting for shorters.

The problem is that when you increase MSSR, you increase a safe collateral ratio too, which is equal to MSSR*MCR. This may fix the margin call problem in short term, but it may have negative impact in long term, because collateral ratio is what determines leverage (lower CR = higher leverage). Higher leverage (lower CR) makes shorting more attractive. This issue needs some brainstorming before taking action.

You see, current high premium is a temporary thing, and the price will get closer to feed when liquidity spins up, but changing MSSR is sort of permanent fix, which may not do good in the future.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:17:31 pm by yvv »

Offline EstefanTT

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

Another topic ... I'll change soon the BTWTY current MSSR (SQP or maximum short squeeze ratio) percentage (110%).

We have actually on BTWTY:BTS a margin call order sitting way behind the first buyer. That could potentially be a problem if the market keeps trading with such a big premium and the price of BTWTY keeps moving up.
We need to increase this ratio to be sure margin call orders get filled quickly.

We are deciding at the moment which percentage would be the fittest for this market. I'm asking in this thread because it's full of the best speculators on BitShares markets ;)

Any opinions ?

Offline EstefanTT

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
in my opinion as long as you see orderbook full n growing n trading its sustainable.......
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:52:35 pm by bitsharesbrazil »
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
So they printing USD pegged SD which is covered by  STEEM, which is printed by converting SD at internal market, which is subsidized by printing even more STEEM?

Yea, I've been having trouble wrapping my head around that myself. Where does the value come from? If the answer is STEEM itself...I find it difficult to imagine it being sustainable long-term.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:16:38 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
So they printing USD pegged SD which is covered by  STEEM, which is printed by converting SD at internal market, which is subsidized by printing even more STEEM?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
It appears that https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/introduction-to-steem-liquidity-rewards
is working...good volume for steem congratulations  :D

My opinion, the big market maker of steem is going to pay for this "incentive", because steem is printing more money to pay for this....

my suggestion for bitshares is a simple deal using worker proposal to hire a market maker for smartcoins n set with them parameters n targets, so we dont need code for this n will print some money the same way steem is doing, but in a simple way  :) bitCNY is doing good but certainly we can see it at least by 10x in dex with we choose a reasonable market maker n make a good deal......if the guys needs some extra thing we can discuss to develop.... Im not in a hurry here...just sharing for the best.

I will vote for this if the Proposal is solid. We need liquidity asap.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
It appears that https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/introduction-to-steem-liquidity-rewards
is working...good volume for steem congratulations  :D

My opinion, the big market maker of steem is going to pay for this "incentive", because steem is printing more money to pay for this....

my suggestion for bitshares is a simple deal using worker proposal to hire a market maker for smartcoins n set with them parameters n targets, so we dont need code for this n will print some money the same way steem is doing, but in a simple way  :) bitCNY is doing good but certainly we can see it at least by 10x in dex with we choose a reasonable market maker n make a good deal......if the guys needs some extra thing we can discuss to develop.... Im not in a hurry here...just sharing for the best.
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!