Author Topic: What can Bitshares learn from Ethereum crash?  (Read 2257 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
BTS' smart contract are more secure because they are less flexible .. there is also clear rules that bts will fork to fix bugs if the code doesnt behave as specified.
thats makes it easier to derive a risk for holding assets in bts .. essentially equivalent to holding btc

not true . 
no computer program is more secure just because "it's less flexible" .
BTS1.0 had a big bug that result in huge transaction fee lost . And that's with "less flexible smart contract" .

Of course , if you're referring to it based on "programming secure" (like argument against some programming language) and not "actually secure" , then i agree.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
And I'm not even talking about Dan's "DAO DOA" post or his "Nubits peg will break when BTC halves"

Remember his " contract free society" diatribe?

Now even the bitcoin faithful are finding it impossible to convince Bernie's Kids that "code is law"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:15:19 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think you mean "what did the DAO fail to learn from BitShares"? 

Can't say that we didn't offer experienced advice from a loving big brother. Do a search and you will see what I mean.

+5%

Bitshares is an ocean of knowledge and experience that the rest of crypto seems to keep overlooking.. or purposefully denying.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I think you mean "what did the DAO fail to learn from BitShares"? 

Can't say that we didn't offer experienced advice from a loving big brother. Do a search and you will see what I mean.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTS' smart contract are more secure because they are less flexible .. there is also clear rules that bts will fork to fix bugs if the code doesnt behave as specified.
thats makes it easier to derive a risk for holding assets in bts .. essentially equivalent to holding btc

Offline Chronos

Zoom out a bit. Bitshares has already been taken down.  :P

Offline Ray

• View Profile
Who is it taking down Ethereum and can it happen to Bitshares?