Author Topic: Stealth Transactions - Any ETA?  (Read 3071 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Any updates?

Chris4210 is almost ready to launch the next fundraiser so that we can get it done ASAP.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline -banano-

• View Profile
The biggest value add to BTS since Graphene itself!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Certainly reassuring. By making Bitshares more palatable, more investment is likely to flow into it, increasing the value of BTS and indirectly repaying the STEALTH transactional costs. Even 1/10th of Ethereum adoption - which doesn't have working pegged smartcoins as far as I know or such a high theoretical transaction count (tMAX)  - would yield huge rewards.

Back on the topic at hand - how much of this documentation actually works/applies: https://bitshares.org/doxygen/group__stealth.html ?  I know some STEALTH transactional features were implemented by Cryptonomics but it is unwieldy and/or incomplete. Is there a need to wait for updated documentation regarding STEALTH transactions before it can be considered production ready and implementable in third party wallets/clients?
Confidential transactions (STEALTH) are working on the blockchain-level:
Tutorial: http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/tutorials/confidential-transactions.html

It's just a matter of building a GUI for it ..

//correct: It's actually just a matter of fine tuning and hosting the GUI which has already been written by CNX

Offline questionsquestions

• View Profile
Certainly reassuring. By making Bitshares more palatable, more investment is likely to flow into it, increasing the value of BTS and indirectly repaying the STEALTH transactional costs. Even 1/10th of Ethereum adoption - which doesn't have working pegged smartcoins as far as I know or such a high theoretical transaction count (tMAX)  - would yield huge rewards.

Back on the topic at hand - how much of this documentation actually works/applies: https://bitshares.org/doxygen/group__stealth.html ?  I know some STEALTH transactional features were implemented by Cryptonomics but it is unwieldy and/or incomplete. Is there a need to wait for updated documentation regarding STEALTH transactions before it can be considered production ready and implementable in third party wallets/clients?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Will it be expensive relative to a normal transaction? STEALTH is a critically important feature and really should be the default rather than the exception. The idea that everything is on display for everyone is just very difficult to sell. You get significantly more privacy from a traditional banking relationship.

The fee for a Stealth transaction will be more than a standard transaction, but will be as low as possible to encourage its use. I am a big fan of rate limited free transactions if that says anything... :)
www.PalmPay.chat

• View Profile
Will it be expensive relative to a normal transaction? STEALTH is a critically important feature and really should be the default rather than the exception. The idea that everything is on display for everyone is just very difficult to sell. You get significantly more privacy from a traditional banking relationship.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Transparency makes sense for 3rd party exchanges so they can prove they actually own the BTS that is trading.

On the other hand having some stealth for small business acceptance is vital.  @kenCode when it comes to implementing into your point of sale software, how will stealth work?  I am a small business and would accept bitassets however how can I enforce my customers send with stealth?  Is it something that can be implemented into the QR code they scan to automatically enforce the customer send under stealth?

I will not force anyone to pay or send with Stealth. Stealth will be an option for those that want to use it voluntarily. The accounts and amounts will be anonymous and untraceable and it will be an option that the merchant and users of supporting wallets can utilize if they enable that feature and use it.

I think @Chris4210 (CEO of BitShares Munich) will be announcing the fundraiser for the completion of Stealth next week. There are some OPENPOS tokens still available too for investors that want to be rewarded from the company's success so ask him about that as well if you're interested.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Transparency makes sense for 3rd party exchanges so they can prove they actually own the BTS that is trading.

On the other hand having some stealth for small business acceptance is vital.  @kenCode when it comes to implementing into your point of sale software, how will stealth work?  I am a small business and would accept bitassets however how can I enforce my customers send with stealth?  Is it something that can be implemented into the QR code they scan to automatically enforce the customer send under stealth? 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Paging @kencode who has the majority of STEALTH tokens and thus the only incentive to actually do this

• View Profile
Is there any ETA on some form of workable stealth transactions for Bitshares to obscure either the amounts and/or the transaction participants? Being able to enter poloniexwallet (the Bitshares wallet of the exchange Poloniex) and see their entire balance and transaction history is just such a huge barrier when selling or developing for the Bitshares platform, which otherwise is pretty great.