Author Topic: where are all the OPEN.STEEM fees going?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
OPEN.STEEM is not a smartcoin, it's a UIA created by OpenLedger. Trading fees on UIAs go to the issuer, i. e. to OpenLedger (who use part of the proceeds to buy back OBITS I believe).
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
I believe smartcoin fees go towards witnesses, UIA fee fate is up to UIA issuer.
smartcoin fees go towards the committee-account and are thus held by all shareholders ..

Is this fee balance of the committee-account shown somewhere?  I looked on the cryptofresh budget stats and the accumulated fees seems always stuck at 17,391 BTS.   I would think the accumulated fees should be way higher.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I believe smartcoin fees go towards witnesses, UIA fee fate is up to UIA issuer.
smartcoin fees go towards the committee-account and are thus held by all shareholders ..

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
So just to be clear, every transaction whether a UIA or Smartcoin has a network fee going to the bitshares network?  On cryptofresh I see smartcoins such as CNY have 0% market fee.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
So just to be clear, every transaction whether a UIA or Smartcoin has a network fee going to the bitshares network?  On cryptofresh I see smartcoins such as CNY have 0% market fee.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
What's the breakdown of the fees dispersion for something like OPEN.STEEM?  Are the fees going partly to OpenLedger, delegates, and the rest burned?  I can't find any documentation on the percentage breakdowns.

OPEN.STEEM is a UIA= user issued asset so the fees are going to 100% to openledger. on every transaction you pay also the network fee, so this goes to the bitshares network.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
What's the breakdown of the fees dispersion for something like OPEN.STEEM?  Are the fees going partly to OpenLedger, delegates, and the rest burned?  I can't find any documentation on the percentage breakdowns.