Author Topic: Is Bitshares still growing?  (Read 3741 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Just because Steem shows a high market cap on CMC, that doesn't mean it's actually worth that much.

The price has basically been manipulated that high.  The cap went from 50 to 300 million on $1million worth of volume.  The devs and steem holders may look rich on paper, but that wealth isn't real.

They have one medium sized exchange that allows on and off of steem.  The entry and exit door is so small that it has totally distorted the value of Steem.  If one of the "rich" holders tried to cash out 1% of steem, they would probably crash the price 50-60%.

Well even if the price is pretty darn manipulated, it doesn't change the fact that it's obviously bringing Dan and other BTS devs a shitton of money right now (with both Steem dollars and their weekly vested payouts). If the price stays as high as it is now (or continues increasing) it will only mean more funding for BTS devs. That's got to be a positive from BTS' point of view.

Whether or not Dan and crew ever return to BTS with the money from their shiny new toy, however........  :-\
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:41:41 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Hi All,

From the outside it looks to me as if the founder and chief architect has moved on to greener pastures... ie Dan is the founder of Steem which is going off right now, worth millions etc

We have people handing down gratuitous "Thank You" posts as they cash out there hundreds of thousands in Steem shares, oh this is just wonderful... except I don't have any Steem shares. I am in Bitshares, perhaps stupidly believing the mantra of "long term investment"?

Is there anyone else here? Is there still a dev team? Is it business as usual, or is Bitshares dead in the water?

I too had a bit of a rude awakening when Steem ran up the CMC pole and am now educating myself as to what's gone on in the past six months with Dan et al.

My read at this point is that Steem is a potentially *massive* crypto project that was gamed to provide a much-needed capital injection for the Bitshares core dev team. There are now quite a few brilliant and motivated Bitshares devs that don't have to worry about bills for a while. Wonder what they'll get up to?

Yes, I'm a little pissed there wasn't more effort made to include the AGS/PTS crowd via sharedrop per the 'social contract'. However, doing so would make less capital available to the dev team, where it can be used to create exponentially greater value in getting Bitshares off the ground.

I have already substantially increased my BTS holdings and suspect many other investors are doing the same. Bitshares is a crypto that will be absolutely stunning when it gains momentum - biggest thing holding it back are the speed bumps of liquidity and payroll... and the steemroller just fired up. I still believe that Bitshares will be the first trillion-dollar crypto-asset. Where Bitcoin was designed primarily as a store of value... Bitshares was designed as an entirely new global financial system. I'm looking for $1 BTS in <12 months. Said that a few times now, but I'm going to keep saying it until I'm right.

Buy, hodl, prosper. I'm still pissed though. ;)

Just because Steem shows a high market cap on CMC, that doesn't mean it's actually worth that much.

The price has basically been manipulated that high.  The cap went from 50 to 300 million on $1million worth of volume.  The devs and steem holders may look rich on paper, but that wealth isn't real.

They have one medium sized exchange that allows on and off of steem.  The entry and exit door is so small that it has totally distorted the value of Steem.  If one of the "rich" holders tried to cash out 1% of steem, they would probably crash the price 50-60%.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Hi All,

From the outside it looks to me as if the founder and chief architect has moved on to greener pastures... ie Dan is the founder of Steem which is going off right now, worth millions etc

We have people handing down gratuitous "Thank You" posts as they cash out there hundreds of thousands in Steem shares, oh this is just wonderful... except I don't have any Steem shares. I am in Bitshares, perhaps stupidly believing the mantra of "long term investment"?

Is there anyone else here? Is there still a dev team? Is it business as usual, or is Bitshares dead in the water?

I too had a bit of a rude awakening when Steem ran up the CMC pole and am now educating myself as to what's gone on in the past six months with Dan et al.

My read at this point is that Steem is a potentially *massive* crypto project that was gamed to provide a much-needed capital injection for the Bitshares core dev team. There are now quite a few brilliant and motivated Bitshares devs that don't have to worry about bills for a while. Wonder what they'll get up to?

Yes, I'm a little pissed there wasn't more effort made to include the AGS/PTS crowd via sharedrop per the 'social contract'. However, doing so would make less capital available to the dev team, where it can be used to create exponentially greater value in getting Bitshares off the ground.

I have already substantially increased my BTS holdings and suspect many other investors are doing the same. Bitshares is a crypto that will be absolutely stunning when it gains momentum - biggest thing holding it back are the speed bumps of liquidity and payroll... and the steemroller just fired up. I still believe that Bitshares will be the first trillion-dollar crypto-asset. Where Bitcoin was designed primarily as a store of value... Bitshares was designed as an entirely new global financial system. I'm looking for $1 BTS in <12 months. Said that a few times now, but I'm going to keep saying it until I'm right.

Buy, hodl, prosper. I'm still pissed though. ;)

Offline EstefanTT

This is exactly why we need to push the worker from Chris (bts munich) to create a new and much better website.

There is few investors that actually study in depth all the projects they invested in. They can't do it, there is no enough time in a day to follow 5, 10 or 20 crypto projects.

That's why the web site should project a dynamic image of BitShares with a lot of things happenning, news, projects, ... With use cases for traders, regular users, entrepreneurs, other crypto communities, ...

The OP is no a exception, guys like him represent a big % of the money in the crypto world. We don't have any of this money in our MC because the web site is oriented for BC tech savy and even them have sometimes difficulties to grasp what is all about. That when they are not disapointed because part of the features are not available at the moment (privacy, bond market, ...)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Of course its growing. Coinmarket cap shows us that it was up 21% yesterday.

Listen to the BeyondBitshares hangouts each week and you'll hear about PeerPlays, Peertracks, and BlockPay that just went live. You can read their threads here as well. Organic growth is happening.

As much as there are some doom and gloomers around .... the future is bright and Dan has not abandoned BitShres. So, these guys need to peddle their nonsense elsewhere.

Offline noisy

Steem is helping BTS.  And I believe in Bytemaster.  He had to work on other projects for a while because he had no choice, but eventually he will help BTS as well. 

I would love to believe in that, but right now we have to help us first. Bytemaster just set a bar, and we now know how much graphene-based technology can be worth.

Also, I think it would be good to have more than a faith of his will, that he some day will help us.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Bitshares is growing.  Filled orders on the dex hit a new all time high today.  Account registrations are having a bump.

Steem is helping BTS.  And I believe in Bytemaster.  He had to work on other projects for a while because he had no choice, but eventually he will help BTS as well. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Hi All,

Dead in the water?  Not by a long shot.  Does this look like dead in the water to you? 

http://cryptofresh.com/charts

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
welcome to crypto...

Offline onceuponatime

Hi All,

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22125.msg296202.html#msg296202

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I cashed in some of my steem today to pickup more bitshares.. for what it's worth.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
You should not invest in something without doing some deep research man....  ;)

Try spent some days doing it , if you think bitshares was left behind you should not invest in it, be responsible, because if things does not go your is not fair you come here n say its dead, that dev left, etc.... be responsible, take a look at some data, study about the project, know the market n be happy with your choice.  :D
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline KD

• View Profile
Hi All,