Author Topic: Windows PORT of DGA CUDAPTS gpu miner WITH SOURCECODE and SLN FILES  (Read 11744 times)

Offline wsnnwa

• View Profile
Re: Windows PORT of DGA CUDAPTS gpu miner WITH SOURCECODE and SLN FILES
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »
This works great dude! I'm very happy with it :D

As the screenshot shows, I managed to get 2100-2200 on my GTX 780.

Is there any possibility you can add support for other pools such as http://pts.1gh.com/??

Offline slothlike

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 10:00:42 am »
---- UPDATE -----
I have changed the core gpu code a bit and have now managed to eek out about 10% more performance on sm35 devices (GTX titan, GTX 780, and GTX 780Ti, and some weird variant of the 640).  On my gtx titan I now average 2200 (overclocked) or 2000 cpm (stock).  My previous rates before the change were 2000 (overclocked) and 1800 (stock).    Anyways I still haven't made any improvement for older devices as I don't own them so I wasn't as interested in non sm35 devices.  I will send DGA a pull request to get the sm35 changes back ported to his code as well or maybe just submit a patch depending on what he prefers.   
Anyways my changes currently have caused some increased register pressure that I haven't been able to get rid of so I am sure it could get even faster.  Lastly I updated the donation to 2%.  1% for me and 1% for DGA.  As always looking forward to hearing feedback if this release works better for those of you with top end cards, as I don't have a 780 gtx or 780 ti to test on. 
Anyways the new sm35 binary can be downloaded below.  Or as always you can pull the updated  source from github and compile yourself.  If you incorporate these changes into your own miners I would love a small donation ;).  Pc9oQoKptcwnQMoTj3RBvHzDVxx97fu6Kq

Updated Binary for SM35:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33838/cudaptswin-0.2-SM35.7z

Offline iami

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 07:31:53 am »
please add GTX480 cuda 2.0~thanks~

Sent from my ME860 using Tapatalk 2

Offline dirnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 01:45:01 pm »
it's fast, good job!
forgive my english is not good.
you can only shield ypool? because i'm slow connection to beeeeer.org, i want connect to other pool, thanks!

Offline nod

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:17 am »
Only curious--did my posts about iruu's suggestion and also any of my code help out?

(I still vote you get mining donation prizes for getting it done.)

I should mention... I tried out your code yesterday and it worked for me. Initially it wasn't printing anything to the screen after the startup messages, however, I merged the latest  changes dga made with your source and it worked fine. Was going to post but then saw this so didn't bother. This version seems to be perform the same, 1600-1700 c/m on a 780.

None of these versions should have any changes in speed, all of them are based on dga's code.

sm30 fast
gtx780
cudaPTSwin-0.3-cuda-3.0: 1800cpm
cudaPTSwin-0.3-cuda-3.5: 1200cpm

wow did you use my optimized versions? try the 0.4 version :)
0.4=1200  :(

Offline coolisbad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 02:08:17 am »
Hello.

I tried the compiled version. I get the error:

---------------------------
CUDAPTSWIN.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Windows 8 x64 | Phenom II X6 | Asus Geforce 660 GTX

Any ideea what should I do? Thanks.

Ah my apologies that means you need the microsoft visual c++ redistribute.  It can be found here.  Installing it should fix your problems. 
http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Thank you very much, that was it.

Offline oddworld

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 10:14:11 pm »
How do I start this miner? Do I make a .bat file with my address pointed to CUDAPTSWIN.exe?

Offline crz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »
Only curious--did my posts about iruu's suggestion and also any of my code help out?

I should mention... I tried out your code yesterday and it worked for me. Initially it wasn't printing anything to the screen after the startup messages, however, I merged the latest  changes dga made with your source and it worked fine. Was going to post but then saw this so didn't bother. This version seems to be perform the same, 1600-1700 c/m on a 780.

None of these versions should have any changes in speed, all of them are based on dga's code.

sm30 fast
gtx780

wow did you use my optimized versions? try the 0.4 version :)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2311.0 -  cudaPTSwin - Beeeeer - Fast PTS GPU miner for Windows
PTS: Pq9Qeyks1KzAY9gGWrkPcrYJoe1J12UZ3a - XPM: AL3HzLAfjndM3Me1V3D97Xveeis3Vx1Sms - BTC: 14AQXd2bqz45zaJWk3EwBB7xVYS45WhrRM

Offline nod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 08:03:58 pm »

sm30 fast
gtx780

Offline slothlike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 07:43:54 pm »

Actually I find what matters most with speed is weather you pick the right architecture for your card.  Archit when I run your code I get 1500 cpm on my titans.  When I run this code complied with sm35 or sm20 I get 1500 cpm, but when I run this code compiled with sm30 I get 2000 cpm per titan.  I haven't had the time to decompile and see what the cuda compiler is doing.  By all rights sm 35 should be the faster as the sha 512 can take advantage of the new funnle shift operators but its not. 

Offline archit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 10:45:43 am »

Offline relm9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 09:13:44 am »

Offline electrocat

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 01:13:33 am »
I won't add ypool.  Is there another pool you want.  Ypool has way too much of the market already.  Plus their fees are outrageous.

If you'd add support for pts.1gh.com/ that would be nice.
PTS: Ph8QzEozjW5GhuAvE6oaGfDsJKNDndQCZh

Offline slothlike

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 11:52:51 pm »

Nope I started playing with make some example cuda projects from scratch and realized I was just being retarded with how I was setting up stuff in the project file so I started over from scratch with a fresh cuda project and imported dga's source.  The other gotcha is making sure you don't have the sha helper file set to compile and you set it to include only.  DGA also tried to make a few changes to make it easier to compile on windows.  Sadly visual studio 2012 isn't c99 compatible so you have to compile it as a c++ project and move all the restricts as well.

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:05 pm »

I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey