Author Topic: BItfinex fails and no effort to show off BitShares exchange...  (Read 3823 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I missed a chapter somewhere, had no idea this was possible.

Could you tell us more about this feature?
Basically it allows to create your own market pegged asset, where you as the issue can define who is allowed to produce a price feed for your privatized bitassets. It could be either witnesses, the committee, or an entirely arbitrary set of people. Note that you can make a profit out of providing a nice idea for a market pegged asset (like the ALTCAP assets) by means of trading fees.
Technically, it is only little more complex to create such an asset compared to a UIA ..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
BTW what the mechanism add new SmartCoin?

Convince enough witnesses of your worthy cause.
Not correct ... anyone can add new smart coins (I would call them privatized bitassets) ...
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/privbta.html

I missed a chapter somewhere, had no idea this was possible.

Could you tell us more about this feature?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Not correct ... anyone can add new smart coins (I would call them privatized bitassets) ...
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/privbta.html

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline mostar

• View Profile
I far as I understand all the UIS are vulnerable to hacking.
Vulnerability like gateway bug that allow to withdraw, Issuer default etc.

There are few SmartCoin that relay blockchain safe.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
I am still active on BitShares but I am not the right guy to do the marketing .. simple because I don't run a business on top of BitShares .. it's the job of those that profit from providing the exchange features to the people that should look into marketing it properly ..

BitShares as a project was quite lucky to have you as a supporter.  From my limited observations on the project you've brought as much professionalism as any other single person. 

I just remember back previously, there'd be someone going around on here trying to rally the troops to make others know about the BItShares DEX.

Hahaha scam is irresistible...
for 5%-15% of what xeroc did for bitshares, he is doing for steem(it) and getting paid(well supposedly) 45K a week!

+5%
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am still active on BitShares but I am not the right guy to do the marketing .. simple because I don't run a business on top of BitShares .. it's the job of those that profit from providing the exchange features to the people that should look into marketing it properly ..

BitShares as a project was quite lucky to have you as a supporter.  From my limited observations on the project you've brought as much professionalism as any other single person. 

I just remember back previously, there'd be someone going around on here trying to rally the troops to make others know about the BItShares DEX.

Hahaha scam is irresistible...
for 5%-15% of what xeroc did for bitshares, he is doing for steem(it) and getting paid(well supposedly) 45K a week!

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CalabiYau

@xeroc believe me, you do marketing for bitshares, in your own unique way.

One of the most prolific guys we have around here +5%

Fully agree !   :) +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile
@xeroc believe me, you do marketing for bitshares, in your own unique way.

One of the most prolific guys we have around here +5%

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I have been on a bull spree writing about the DEX and bitsquare (I think Bitshares + Bitsquare = <3), take a look at my last 7 posts or so on steemit .. same username.

I am not sure this should be something that @ccedk & co should be doing, it is obviously a bit too self serving on their end .. though we know they're right +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Kinda funny.  The DEX seems to work fairly well. At least when I was using it for ETH crowdsale tokens, but I no longer see people pushing BitShares...

Although with these IOU/gateway system, I'm not sure it solves the core problem of exchanges, but more to the point it appears people have more or less given up.

Thoughts?
I speak for myself and only myself.