Author Topic: What if a better steemit with more fair distribution?  (Read 7166 times)

Offline fuzzy

What about the licensing?
oh~~~,it comes to LICENSE.As a very earlier ptser,agser,and btser,i knew something.At firs,any body who use BTS should sharedrop at least 20% to btser,but BM splited BTS into two parts,and modified the license of the Graphene to be MIT, so steem can use the Graphene for free,and then there is nothing to do with btser.So,let't talk about licensing,there is no LICENSE about steem,maybe.

But first, BitShares2.0 had to launch with a licence so that everyone in the crypto world would ignore it completely.  Then, much later, when nobody was watching, quietly removed the license, making it open source so that they could legally clone it, modify it, then release it again as closed source.  What is to stop a Graphene dev from cloning BTS, modifying it to compete with FB, then sharedropping a measly 5% on the BTS community like PeerPlays did to preserve their integrity and trust within the community.

Yeh I still have a hard time understanding exactly how it is that more devs in the space do not realize that they could use graphene and sharedrop to pretty much instantly get into the hangouts which are growing to become a pretty formidable little grassroots hangout series for investors in blockchain technology.  Probably everyone in steem who is a whale would upvote their RSVPs...and that is just thinking of what I personally know we could offer.  Then you have experience of so many community members with bitshares...which is worth gold in and of itself.

I am also sure they would get deals from people like @dannotestein, @ccedk, @BunkerChain Labs ...and I can't even imagine how many others in the chinese community would help them.  The amount of experience and value between East and West together is so beautiful...why the heck wouldn't devs want to sharedrop at least 5%?  Not sure honestly.  Maybe legal considerations...its the only thing I can think of that seems rational at this point.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
We had done much work,we just want to hear more voice.

oh~~~,it comes to LICENSE.As a very earlier ptser,agser,and btser,i konwn something.At firs,any body who use BTS should sharedrop at least 20% to btser,but BM splited BTS into two parts,and modified the license of the Graphene to be MIT, so steem can use the Graphene for free,and then there is nothing to do with btser.So,let't talk about licensing,there is no LICENSE about steem,maybe.

i 100% agree with you.
i will use all my strength to support you, do it +5% +5% +5%
BTW, i'm ashamed of what BM has done.
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao

Steemit is growing very fast, but there is an intrinsic defect---the unfair initial distribution. The top 1% whales hold 95% of all the steem power.

Since people accept the concept of steemit, what if someone fork steemit, or improve steemit, and release it with a more fair distribution among the current steemians?

Thanks to the open source of Graphene, a programmer could build the whole platform very quickly.

+5%
Very interestinig!
Steemit is a great project that should be explored in a variety of patterns.

BitShares Community Members to do this is  commendable!
Graphene is a child of BitShars Community.

Offline yoyow

• View Profile
There are 7,4B people on this planet, lets create a new steem clone with a total suplly of 7,4B "Steem" and give each person on earth 1 "Steem ", sounds fair! doesn't it?

Well to be fair, the "wealth inequality" of STEEM is pretty damn appalling at this point:

$              MV       level          accts    accts %     stake
$0            0           dust      2182     3.15%       0.01%
$4            0.01     newbie      60467  87.17%     0.58%
$40          0.1       user       3620    5.22%       0.56%
$400        1          superuser 2269    3.27%       2.91%
$4,000     10       hero         598     0.86%       8.31%
$40,000   100     superhero   183     0.26%      24.41%
$400,000 1,000  legend       46     0.07%      63.23%

From this, the top 1.19% of accounts (heroes, superheroes, and legends) own 95.95% of the steem power. And I know of at least one whale that's holding 3 of those "legend" accounts, and I'm sure there are others doing the same. It's apparently supposed to be getting better with new authors getting rewards, but for the most part all I've seen is the whales continuing to increase their holdings through compounding SP and by gaming the curation rewards (with bots, kickbacks, etc).

Be fair, EVERYONE is increasing their holdings through compounding SP not only the wales! As for any posible gaming in the curation rewards (I can't prove or disprove this), maybe some whales are misbehaving but wait and see what will happen to the first "steem clones" that will arive with a more "fair" distribution(abuse gaming scaming)!

I guess satoshi in the first months of bitcoin owned much more than any whale owns now in steem , why noone complains about this? Oh, I forgot! bitcoin is the true and only god! everything else is a SCAAAAAM!!!!! and we care to create feelings of "unfairness" only to STEEM distribution, so that our future steem "fair distributed" shitclones will be welcomed with open arms and joy from all!

As I said, lets give every inhabitant on the planet 1 steem each and call this "fair!" , afterwards we can wait for all the work to be done from people "working for free!"

When people talk about "fair distribution" in bitcointalk, the only thing they have in their mind is this ==> more for themselves and less for everyone else! The moment you will see a steem clone ANN in bitcointalk with a more "fair" distribution it will be the moment you will have to run away!

In the end all comes down to this...

I would't say that the problem of steem is unfair,I would rather call it unreasonable .
Let' s take a look at the distribution of steem. As the guy from the above post said, 99% shares are occupied by 1%, and the newly generated shares generally follow the similar rule, which means the taste of that 1% is critical.  Unfortunately, BM is always disappoting at this point.
We tend to distribute most of the shares to investors ,who are much more diverse& rational, and then the product will meet the taste of the most people, and make it become more popular.

chryspano

There are 7,4B people on this planet, lets create a new steem clone with a total suplly of 7,4B "Steem" and give each person on earth 1 "Steem ", sounds fair! doesn't it?

Well to be fair, the "wealth inequality" of STEEM is pretty damn appalling at this point:

From this, the top 1.19% of accounts (heroes, superheroes, and legends) own 95.95% of the steem power. And I know of at least one whale that's holding 3 of those "legend" accounts, and I'm sure there are others doing the same. It's apparently supposed to be getting better with new authors getting rewards, but for the most part all I've seen is the whales continuing to increase their holdings through compounding SP and by gaming the curation rewards (with bots, kickbacks, etc).

Be fair, EVERYONE is increasing their holdings through compounding SP not only the wales! As for any posible gaming in the curation rewards (I can't prove or disprove this), maybe some whales are misbehaving but wait and see what will happen to the first "steem clones" that will arive with a more "fair" distribution(abuse gaming scaming)!

I guess satoshi in the first months of bitcoin owned much more than any whale owns now in steem , why noone complains about this? Oh, I forgot! bitcoin is the true and only god! everything else is a SCAAAAAM!!!!! and we care to create feelings of "unfairness" only to STEEM distribution, so that our future steem "fair distributed" shitclones will be welcomed with open arms and joy from all!

As I said, lets give every inhabitant on the planet 1 steem each and call this "fair!" , afterwards we can wait for all the work to be done from people "working for free!"

When people talk about "fair distribution" in bitcointalk, the only thing they have in their mind is this ==> more for themselves and less for everyone else! The moment you will see a steem clone ANN in bitcointalk with a more "fair" distribution it will be the moment you will have to run away!

In the end all comes down to this...

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

chryspano

Offline LoveYouMakMak

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:35:02 pm by LoveYouMakMak »

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Would you like to make crowfunding on Bitshares platform?
Also I think that 5% sharedrop to BTS should bring you some attention.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Steemit is growing very fast, but there is an intrinsic defect---the unfair initial distribution. The top 1% whales hold 95% of all the steem power.

Since people accept the concept of steemit, what if someone fork steemit, or improve steemit, and release it with a more fair distribution among the current steemians?

Thanks to the open source of Graphene, a programmer could build the whole platform very quickly.

...Great idea!  And then a year later someone can fork it again to redistribute it from today's current steemians to the current steemians at that time!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline yoyow

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

not as easy if you might think considering the content of the LICENSE!!!

Offline yoyow

• View Profile