Author Topic: Construction Project Exchange?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline mr-whitekey

Another idea to throw at the community:

I am in the construction industry, specifically roofing, and I can't help but apply the wonderful world of crypto to my daily life.

1) Insurance claims registered on blockchain, payments issued on the blockchain, deductibles recorded on the blockchain. Contractor bids on the blockchain, all escrowed and open to all three parties with contracts digitally signed and on the blockchain! Both homeower and contractor reputations available on the blockchain.
Cuts fraud, addresses third party payer problem in homeowners insurance (very much like health insurance), long term lower premiums, better accountability for contractors and homeowners.
This would not have to be fully open and transparent, you would need account permission to see certain items.

2) it has occurred to me time and time again that really the only difference between me giving a customer a bid and placing a bid on Openledger is that on Openledger despite its liquidity problems there are many hundreds of "askers" and I compete with many hundreds of bidders. With a construction project bid the average homeowner might get four or five bids, but usually does not have time or knowledge to asses them. Enter the blockchain and bitshares?

I am thinking a much more complicated and in depth exchange that helps connect people of literally any profession with those who need that profession. In my industry people often get measurements from insurance or satellite, by posting these measurements, pictures and description of work to be done contractors can use a filter system to find just the right projects they want to bid for. Customers can filter the numbers of bids by certain criteria and then once they have it narrowed down request in person talks. This would help with the reputation issues that contractors have as the reviews would all be online and on the blockchain and contractors could even rate customers too! Having been in this industry for just under two years I see all its flaws as an outsider still and see this platform and crypto as a way out!!

Thought?