Author Topic: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool  (Read 419377 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool
« Reply #828 on: December 10, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »
EDIT: Nevermind. Reopened the wallet client. Turns out the block chain wasn't updating at all. :\ The transaction is there. :D Thanks again!

I'm also having this issue.  Eventually the wallet client stops updating even though it still says its connected.  Nothing updates, but everything looks fine and says that's it's connected to the network, until I restart it and find that I'm X number of hours behind.  Then I see my recent payouts.  Trying to figure out what's going on.

Probably because a lot of the time there aren't any nodes with incoming connections to connect to?...  I had a friend that had the same problem, not getting blockchain to update, just told him to addnode 5.9.24.81. 

It's at 135/500 connections right now.  I have it set for only 20 outbound connections.. but when it does lose one, it still takes up to a hundred or two tries on average to find a new node to connect to.
Thanks for this - been trying to find a way to get the wallet to play nice all day. Where did you get that node IP from?

Ah, just now saw the post.  5.9.24.81 is my Hetzner machine.  I used to enjoy filling up the 'hub nodes' list on blockchain.info, but it also caused a lot of problems (people thinking I have lots of bitcoins cause I'm #1 on the list, people thinking I stole their bitcoins cause my IP showed on their transaction, people DDoS'ing me for whatever reason, etc) so I finally repurposed it about 2 weeks ago.  It was on quarks, now it's on protoshares.

..  and it uses the amazing chuck norris subclient
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
« Reply #827 on: December 10, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »
please use the report to moderator link next time, so I could react faster

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 10, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »
@realtailer:
REMOVE THAT LINK FROM THIS THREAD NOW!!

if you want to 'promote' anything, create your own thread!

@testz:
can you remove the link from your post, please?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:44:53 pm by xolokram »
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline realtailer

• View Profile
« Reply #825 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:11 pm »
gpu miner for LTC, QRK, XPM, PTS.. but i can not run it:(

[POSSIBLE SCAM]
anonymousdelivers.us/94070
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:43:03 pm by favdesu »

Offline recci

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 10, 2013, 11:10:49 am »
I hear that its possible to mine pts with GPU's now? Could we not get one of those up and running for the pool? Would be good to get all 4 cores and the gpu blazing away...

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:22 am »
LTC != PTS

fyi the pool is making around 550-800* PTS per day with >5000 miners

- xolokram

* = highly depending on randomness (aka luck) <-- this also applies to every single miner**
** = and miner configuration
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:34:00 am by xolokram »
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 10, 2013, 10:26:07 am »
Someone kept closing my miner before since it was on my home computer, which is why there's time gaps. I'm just saying with the exact same hardware/software, I can mine the same amount of LTC (higher difficulty) as I do here with PTS. All I want to do is mine another 8 PTS before the 24th so I can get myself a founders ID.

I'm more than sure I should be mining more than 0.00733 PTS in a few hours with 16GB RAM and 8CPU's from the cloud mining tutorial link you provided on the pool website.

EDIT: I followed this tutorial for the cloud mining a few hours ago https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=722.0 and started with the 16Gb RAM and 8 CPU's, running 12 threads.

And for my home PC I was running 8GB ram at 7 threads.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:30:35 am by JustHayden »
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 10, 2013, 10:19:58 am »
so are you comparing your hardware setups, software or (totally different) coins?
or all together?

all i see (from your screenshot):
you've recently made 0.00941 PTS in 6 hours
before that you've made 0.00965 PTS in 21 hours

i would call that an improvement  :o

- xolokram

/edit: ok, i see there are quite huge gaps in your stats so i guess you're not mining 24hours a day
what is your miner configuration for these two hardware setups???
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:25:49 am by xolokram »

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:12 am »
Yes higher but not by much.  When coyotepool was running, right before it was closed, I was making the same amount I have all together with your pool in half a day with 3x less the power I'm mining with now. I mine LTC at this same speed...

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:30 am »
look at the timestamps
your proportion on a round is higher than before

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:36 am »
Hey I've been mining on your pool with the 8CPU/16GB from DigitalOcean for a few hours and this is what I've gotten: http://i.imgur.com/lImsrwY.png

Whats up with this mining? I'm making around the same amount of PTS that I did on my home PC with better stats.

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 10, 2013, 08:34:20 am »
libminiupnp is not needed too

@btc2084(+aleiprecht):
95% collisions? or rejects?
can you send me a log excerpt from your miners showing a few lines before and after rejected shares via PM?

- xolokram

ps. is one of you guys this address: Pg[...]BNWVJ ???
pps. i've decreased the share target
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:52:10 am by xolokram »

jernau

« Reply #816 on: December 10, 2013, 06:59:07 am »
It would be helpful for new people working under linux to have the following instruction stated in first post:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install yasm -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix
git clone https://github.com/thbaumbach/ptsminer
cd ~/ptsminer/src
make -f makefile.unix
./ptsminer <your PTS address> <number of threads>

Yeah, I worked that out myself... Are you sure you need the dos2unix and libssl-dev though? I can compile fine without those two.

Offline btc2084

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:21 am »
Only 20%? Seems like 95% of my machine's work gets COLLISION.  I'm giving up and switching back to xolominer / primecoin.

After having trust issues with pts.rpool.net, i decided to switch back to b(e-5)r.

Just coming home from dropping my girlfriend to the airport and I found the 3 computers that i had started to mine there where showing between 12% and 20% Rejected shares. WTF

I had the new Update #3 software that is on listed on their site running. Is there something I should know about? 20% of the work the computers are doing rejected?

If it is a client issues, I would love to hear about a solution or a hint what I could do to bring down the REJECTED% Rate...

Albi
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:52:55 am by btc2084 »

Offline aleiprecht

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »
After having trust issues with pts.rpool.net, i decided to switch back to b(e-5)r.

Just coming home from dropping my girlfriend to the airport and I found the 3 computers that i had started to mine there where showing between 12% and 20% Rejected shares. WTF

I had the new Update #3 software that is on listed on their site running. Is there something I should know about? 20% of the work the computers are doing rejected?

If it is a client issues, I would love to hear about a solution or a hint what I could do to bring down the REJECTED% Rate...

Albi
PTS: PartyKV69ZG7WPbMztc8cKTCrNAR2Je2vQ BTC: 1CoinCEmiNdA1yxysRf8AGz4fhE4a5v1kk
QRK: QUARK15a3RHHKzPxt1pnWDMkwSn5LuvJcC DTC: DDcoinWJJetjCkFyDnKMFQR5C4FQgHFEWr