Author Topic: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool  (Read 421634 times)

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
Re: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool
« Reply #903 on: December 14, 2013, 12:31:45 pm »
@neverenough:
i can't find any substring of your address either in the payouts, since when are you mining? the first stats will appear when a block has been found (aka a round ends) you participated in!
what's the command line you use to start the miner?

@MrDiscordia:
g++ (the C++ compiler) is missing!

@skaffen:
it's 6% for ypool and ~1% for yv1900 (or whatever his nickname is), his commonly used miner is taking fees too...
i know that my ptsminer is not the most efficient one and the stats on the webfrontend looks crappy, but people dont seem to care about the network as long as there's profit (thinking about the transaction "bug" of jh's pts miner, >50% pools etc.pp.)

&

yes, the new diff is hitting hard.  :(

- xolokram
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline neverenough

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #902 on: December 14, 2013, 09:36:29 am »
I really hate to be that guy, but I believe I am doing things wrong, maybe something got lost in translation since English isn't my language because I have read the whole thread trying to figure out where my settings are wrong. I am a complete rookie at this, but I would like to learn. As for now I have mined for a day or so, but it seems like this work isn't getting where it should and it is probably  something I failed at. I don't have a super computer but thought that I atleast would be able to see something when searching for my user but nothing yet, reading the thread I have tried to go to the page and Ctrl+f search for my user but it's nowhere.

My user is: PsN4yAoZYbEfzN4gsAU7KCGvYAMF6KYC1u

I am running a i7 3770K with 16 GB, I am using the v0.7 version of your miner ( the AVX one)

[WORKER] collision found: 19674410 <-> 56023126 #12576 @ 1387013977 by 1
[MASTER] submitted share -> SHARE
[STATS] 2013-Dec-14 10:34:31 | 170.4 c/m | 2.6 sh/m | VL: 2101 (98.5%), RJ: 33 (
1.5%), ST: 0 (0.0%)

Thanks

Offline MrDiscordia

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 14, 2013, 09:31:23 am »
It would be helpful for new people working under linux to have the following instruction stated in first post:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install yasm -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix
git clone https://github.com/thbaumbach/ptsminer
cd ~/ptsminer/src
make -f makefile.unix
./ptsminer <your PTS address> <number of threads>

Running CentOS 6.5, this command doesn't work for me.  I'm 99% (there's always that 1%...) certain I have all the dependencies required.  This is the output I receive:

Code: [Select]
make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -O2  -fpermissive -o obj/cpuid.o cpuid.c
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [obj/cpuid.o] Error 127

When I run ./osfinder.sh, it correctly recognizes my distro as RedHat.  The error references "cpuid.o", where that file doesn't seem to exist in the .zip I downloaded.

It's probably a PEBKAC issue, but I can't figure out why this won't compile!  Hopefully I provided all relevant info necessary.

edit:  I also have tried the following from Jabbaah found here:

I checked the ptsminer compilation on a CentOS 6.3 VM now. Following is the way it works...

Use the makefile.unix.no-chrono - fire up your favourite editor and change line 27 as follows:

Old:
   -l boost_thread$(BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX)

New:
   -l boost_thread-mt$(BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX)

Now compile using
make -f makefile.unix.no-chrono clean
make -f makefile.unix.no-chrono

VoilĂ ! You should get a brand new ptsminer on CentOS.  ;-)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:17:35 am by MrDiscordia »

Offline hammerbrain

• View Profile
« Reply #900 on: December 14, 2013, 04:55:41 am »
I just started with pts a couple days ago. Figures, just at difficulty increase but anyway I'm having fun.
Using the Azure free trial is pretty good. 2 extra large and a large widows machines.  The ubuntu server 10.3 won't run the miner for some reason.
The HP Cloud will run...but slow. I tried the 16 small instances idea, but it didn't work. Just gonna burn up the $50 with a 16 core.

If you did want to buy pts what's the absolute easiest way to go about it?
Found the buy pts subforum  :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:22:24 am by hammerbrain »

Offline skaffen

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 14, 2013, 04:01:17 am »
It was profitable for me, before the difficulty increase a few days ago.  It depends on your costs of course.
MMC: MLh27rbqmDWr6w9V5rWDV6pUFjganJhZv3
PTS:  Pf53gFMhCToW2nGovRKfRc4tWoXBY1A3Pq

Offline gigamike

« Reply #898 on: December 14, 2013, 03:33:28 am »
This pool needs some more mining support!  I've been mining on here for more than a month, it is a little curious why not as many people mine here as other sites.

• Very reliable, hasn't gone down in a month
  • ypool got 14 out of the last 24 blocks, thats 58%!  This is risky for protoshares network, because if ypool get's hacked, a 51% attack can bring down the network?
  • the miner is as fast as any others (correct me if I'm wrong), which means you make at least the same on beeeer as anywhere else.
  • lower fees, ypool has 6% fee, beeer 3%
  • smaller automatic payout threshold, ypool's minimum is 1 PTS, beeeer's is 0.2, better for small miners.
  • Better, more advanced user interface!  ;)

How many prs did you mine in 1 month. Does it profitable or ROI is positive?...ive been playing around this one using digitalocean, dedicated server..still no profit...i think its much better to buy on exchange rather than mining...i dont want to pull down this thread but for the moment with the current price of pts

Mike

Offline skaffen

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 14, 2013, 02:37:58 am »
This pool needs some more mining support!  I've been mining on here for more than a month, it is a little curious why not as many people mine here as other sites.

• Very reliable, hasn't gone down in a month
  • ypool got 14 out of the last 24 blocks, thats 58%!  This is risky for protoshares network, because if ypool get's hacked, a 51% attack can bring down the network?
  • the miner is as fast as any others (correct me if I'm wrong), which means you make at least the same on beeeer as anywhere else.
  • lower fees, ypool has 6% fee, beeer 3% actually it's 2.5%
  • smaller automatic payout threshold, ypool's minimum is 1 PTS, beeeer's is 0.2, better for small miners.
  • Better, more advanced user interface!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:44:15 am by skaffen »

Offline gigamike

« Reply #896 on: December 14, 2013, 01:44:46 am »
@zvs, @skaffen, @kfuzion

many thanks for your reply, ok then seems still no profit for

Dual Quad Core Server Xeon E5620 2.4GHz
16GB RAM
500GB Storage
10TB Bandwidth
that is 450$ month :(

thanks thanks,

Mike

Offline kfuzion

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 13, 2013, 11:55:06 pm »
Yep, this new difficulty increase was harsh. I'm 16 hours in with the HP Cloud on a 4XL server, 10 hours' worth paid out and that's only ~0.07. I might get 0.21 total, maybe a little more before the ~26.5 hours ($50) free runs up.

Kind of sad really.. $50 worth of server time, $5 worth of PTS. But free money is money.

Offline skaffen

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 13, 2013, 11:45:24 pm »
Guys,

anyone tried to mine using beeeer.org pool using this specs
16GB RAM
500GB Storage
10TB Bandwidth

average PTS mine per day with the said specs?

TIA,

Mike

I was getting 0.186 PTS per day on one Xeon W3530 before the difficulty increase on the 22nd.  Now I'm getting 0.0516 PTS/day by my calculations :(

Might be time for the pool to change to 0.01 payout threshold?

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 13, 2013, 10:05:16 pm »
Guys,

16GB RAM
500GB Storage
10TB Bandwidth

TIA,

Mike

this block

http://ptsweb.beeeeer.org/block/32639

had 4115 shares per minute

a single e5620 would probably get about 1.5 shares/m?  so it would have received 0.0079017010935601 from that block. 

i dont have a protoshares calculator or anything, so dont know how many blocks this pool should average per day.  just from eyeballing it for a few mins, i guess around 14 avg after taking away some as orphans.  so 14 * 0.0079, around 0.11, based on 4115 sh/m.  the website usually reports 5000+ though.

uh, my guess would be .08-.10 a day, well, more like .07-.09, because I think 1.5 sh/m is overly generous
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline nitrominer

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 13, 2013, 08:46:48 pm »
For those reading my previous posts, testing with telnet using other ports showed that something in my network infrastructure is blocking my connection to their IP with port 1337.

Offline gigamike

« Reply #891 on: December 13, 2013, 08:43:55 pm »
Guys,

16GB RAM
500GB Storage
10TB Bandwidth

TIA,

Mike

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 13, 2013, 05:32:58 pm »
The page only is updated after a block is found by the pool. It can take several hours for that to happen.
Exactly this.

Sometimes it can take literally minutes for the balance to update (a new block to be found). Sometimes it can take upwards of 6 hours. As with a lot of cryptocurrency mining - luck of the draw :P And patience!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:36:29 pm by r05 »
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 13, 2013, 05:16:25 pm »
The page only is updated after a block is found by the pool. It can take several hours for that to happen.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true