Author Topic: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool  (Read 414794 times)

Offline girino

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool
« Reply #963 on: December 27, 2013, 01:10:34 am »
@xolo

ld returned 1 exit status
error 1

Just to be clear I was trying the girinio fork.

Happy Holidays and much thanks to Xolo and Beeeer!

my fork is still work in progress, this can happen sometimes. should be fixed now.

always use one of the lowercase makefiles (make -f makefile.unix, for example). The default makefile is mostly bogus (used for tests).

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 26, 2013, 06:14:11 pm »
I get 20% rejects when mining PTS on b(e^5)r.org  I am using nevest git ptsminer with 4 threads, 512M per thread

is that normal?
no, i get about 5%

btw, I noticed there's a lot of pool hopping to this pool after a block is solved

payout is just proportional based on single block?

re: it going from 3000 spm to 5200 spm in the 3 minutes since last block
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline noobster

• cryptocurrencies vs. fed
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 25, 2013, 03:34:03 pm »
I get 20% rejects when mining PTS on b(e^5)r.org  I am using nevest git ptsminer with 4 threads, 512M per thread

is that normal?
BTC: 15mey7vTkkvHm4UoZgVEP4Yo3REDpH87KW
PTS: PkzbnN7Nkv6TcqJuNjpcLfmPqpPUphpu5W
drop some =)

Offline sth

• View Profile
« Reply #960 on: December 25, 2013, 12:58:54 pm »
I have a feature request for the client. I really miss log files! It should not be too complicated to implement?

Also, one of my miners is also on a dodgy wlan and will loose its connection a couple of seconds every now and then. The miner crashes if its not able to resolve the host. Would it be possible to get the miner to wait 30 seconds and retry the connection it its not able to resolve the pool host?

PTS: PaLMohgzkpot2biUPsTEkfW1geMfrSYVjw
BTC: 19ifwoJs1DoFVSoPtNfS8EKhAsxBQGuVsD

Offline satanowicz

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 25, 2013, 02:42:43 am »
I'm also getting the "Killed" message when trying to mine :(
Mining under ubuntu.

Offline hammerbrain

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 24, 2013, 08:09:32 am »
@mcgun182

With 50 c/m or "collisions per minute" and 1 sh/m "shares per minute" you have a middle of the road, kinda older cpu. You need a more powerful cpu or A LOT of cpu's running simultaneously at that speed.

Try learning about cloud mining if just for the learning experience. Right now it will take you prolly three months for one pts.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=722.0

@Xolo

ad8mineloopE7SHAMODEi]+0x23e): undefined reference to `CProtoshareProcessor::~CProtoshareProcessor()'
main_poolminer.cpp:(.text._ZN13CWorkerThread8mineloopE7SHAMODEi[_ZN13CWorkerThread8mineloopE7SHAMODEi]+0x26a): undefined reference to `CProtoshareProcessor::~CProtoshareProcessor()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ptsminer] Error 1

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:44:17 pm by hammerbrain »

Offline mcgun182

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 23, 2013, 11:40:39 pm »
Hi,

I'm really new to this coin, I download and ran the QT wallet. I tried 3 threads mining in the client and got 15 col/minute, then I tried the beeeeer pool, I got this

connecting to 54.201.26.128:1337
[MASTER] work received - sharetarget: 03ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffbeefde4d
[WORKER] collision found: 32904452 <-> 63348830 @ 50
[MASTER] submitted share -> SHARE
[STATS] 2013-Dec-23 18:38:02 | 50.8 c/m | 1.0 sh/m | VL: 1 (100.0%), RJ: 0 (0.0%
), ST: 0 (0.0%)

what are the c/m and sh/m means? I could not find any PTS mining calculator here, how can I calculate the time needed to mine 1 PTS or PTS / hour?

Thank you so much!

donation really appreciated : PjEYYNztdcuMP7ysR5fcSnHRZinZn4rFeT

Offline Isaaaaah

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 23, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »
when i run the beerminer with avx or sse4 i get this: http://pastebin.com/9ZtKwxQ6

Allthough the 2874960.0 c/m | 43440.0 sh/m sound pretty mouthwatering all my shares get rejected.
Could be the hoster blocking some things, yours is the only working miner. Without sse4 or avx flags i get regular mining speeds. Might there be a workaround?
PZ13fD7vf6ebCVWp1geHTAjtiEHskv7Yo1 See you at MSC

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 23, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »
I'll look at it, if the loss isn't too much I may just move my stuff sooner rather than later.  Actually here very shortly I will have an extremely large number of machines.  I really hope you can figure it out and get close to the speed of ypool.  I'm not too concerned with the frequency of payouts being lower.  I just need the daily income to be relatively close to what I'm getting currently.

I got about 20% more c/m from that other mining client, but the pool charged (I believe) 2% more, plus the miner would reset itself somewhat frequently, so you'd lose an additional x% from the 'free 20 seconds' that occurs at the start & every time it does reset, in the end probably something like 7-8% fee.

Well, i used to get about 20% more that is, the one @ https://github.com/girino/ptsminer.git , is about 10-15% less, but I'm still trying some things with it

(eg, Q6600 @ 2.4MHz gets me 65c/m now instead of 60c/m, but that one was compiled with icc, which took quite a while.. oh,   i haven't tried it yet on something w/ avx, that should be more %)

i have noticed more rejects though, just in general from the last few days 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:02:36 pm by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 23, 2013, 01:35:14 pm »
Code: [Select]
ld returned 1 exit statusshouldn't be the last line you get, can you post the line before that?

btw. thank you

- xolokram
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline hammerbrain

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 23, 2013, 01:16:55 pm »
@xolo

ld returned 1 exit status
error 1

Just to be clear I was trying the girinio fork.

Happy Holidays and much thanks to Xolo and Beeeer!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:33:34 pm by hammerbrain »

Offline sdmented

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 23, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »
I'll look at it, if the loss isn't too much I may just move my stuff sooner rather than later.  Actually here very shortly I will have an extremely large number of machines.  I really hope you can figure it out and get close to the speed of ypool.  I'm not too concerned with the frequency of payouts being lower.  I just need the daily income to be relatively close to what I'm getting currently. 

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 23, 2013, 11:47:56 am »
@hammerbrain:
what error message do you get?

@pool(+sdmented+doxymoron):
yep, pool is pretty small (<4%) and the ptsminer is not the most efficient one :(
size of the pool shouldnt be an issue (as long as it's not very small), because bigger pools means more people to share the reward with
most important thing is the efficiency of the miner, which is a little bit suffering on beeeeer's pts pool due to the current rejection problem
i'll try to sort out this problem in the near future (@sdmented: feel free to wait for that or help us now :) )

@all:
no pool fees atm (along with less tech support :) ) for the next few days
happy holidays

- xolokram
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline sdmented

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 23, 2013, 09:51:41 am »
I have a large number of CPM on ypool right now, I'm looking to switch.  I feel they are abusing the Fee %, does anyone have metrics for comparison of miners?

Offline doxymoron

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 23, 2013, 01:00:05 am »
Are we getting killed by other pools when finding blocks (ie. ypool)?  I'm wondering if they just have a lot more workers than us, they are finding about 122 blocks per day.  The payout is good when we do find one, but when it's only 2-3 per day now it doesn't add up to much.
wallet_approve_delegate doxymoron-delegate
75% pay rate
BTSX: doxymoron